Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Dualshock/360Controller/WiiMote Accomplishment Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 123, 124, 125  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikki  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always possible, just not likely to happen so soon. From 290k to 361k is a bit far because it's hard to keep the strumming without getting tired... that score is outstanding already
I wish to see a 5-stars TWiE Dualshock someday, or even do it myself - who knows, if we find a way to use the SP at right times and get the fast strumming down

Undead, you may want to try alt-strumming technique with a standard controller to beat HiC. Check my sig ^^
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if people took more breaks mid-song...?

I dunno. It's crazy, I'll admit. Insane. Yet, still somehow possible. We'll just see what happens.

On the line of crazy shit, I also think a Jordan FC is in the near future for DSers. Hell, if you can get 97%, I'd say it could happen within the next couple months!

I've been trying to get back into Guitar Hero lately... But, for some reason can't. I know if I stop playing my skill will drop, but it doesn't appeal so much any more... I've played all the songs too much. So, the only playing I've been doing is GH:A, because all I've done there is pretty much sightread the game.
Even so, I haven't forgotten about CFH and GR2R. Yes, I still plan to get those. (Or Ace of Spades, Frankenstein...)

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Nefos  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just got the Guitar Hero Aerosmith finally...
I played my very first song on it (on expert), Dream Police and got a FC...
Well, not so special, because it's a very easy song...
But it's like "start with the right foot" on that...
I played a lot of customs today...
Got 500k (5*) on The Devil Went Down to Georgia (little modified)...
Got 300k (5*) on Slash Battle (little laggy on the ending)...
And FC'ed my last custom song, Chala Head Chala...
All using the Headphones, because the song was crashing when it starts...
I recorded all on the DVD, soon I'll post a video, but maybe tomorrow. I'll play GH Aerosmith now, see ya...
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you somehow FCed all of GH:A today. It's really not that hard- I should have it done, myself, but I hate the songs so badly, I CAN'T play each more than once at a time.

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Nefos  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I only got a few FC's and a lot of -1 for the extremely boring songs and charts, and for playing for the first (and maybe the last) time each song...
Even the last encore was pathetic...
Well, I'm starting to develop my alert program for optimal SP path purposes...
It'll read a chart (you'll need the chart of that song, and press something when the song starts) and when it find a "*" before a note, it'll be considered an alert, it'll beep a little before (can be adjusted) the moment you have to activate SP...
The "No Whammy" alert or something I'll do later...

Well, I posted my custom on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7brBfKF8Tck
Nikki  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use that for long songs with many activations like Story of My Life... other than that, I just use a note like "3 on YO", which means I get 3 SPs and activate on the next YO... it can be troublesome on some activations like "2 on 5ยบ GY", it can be annoying to count it =P

And for squeezes at the end of the SP, I need to remind myself which note I must squeeze using the same method ("squeeze the third GR"), but I'm not a great squeezer myself =P
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Dammit.

I just got a prechoke on CoP. I messed up in the intro, and then went on to FC all the solos! God Dammit. At least I broke 300k. <_<

And, it's not quite as big a deal, but I missed the last note on Can't Be Saved. That's no big deal, though, I should be able to FC before long. I just now found out I'm able to do those fast green notes at the end.

Anyway, i've been trying something new while playing guitar hero. I've gotten so bored of the soundtracks in all the various games, I turn the game's sound off and listen to my iPod while I play. I'm surprised, is actually helps!

KingOfBBQ  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck. Did you guys see Vampire's sightread of Surfing With the Alien? He did pretty good on the solo.

Also... Just so you know, Addict, Solo 1a should be FCable for you. The solo is 21.6 NPS apparently meaning that you're mashing that X button 11 times per second. Just imagine you are playing Texas Flood while holding down those other buttons for the trills and you should do pretty good lol.
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfBBQ wrote:
Holy fuck. Did you guys see Vampire's sightread of Surfing With the Alien? He did pretty good on the solo.

Also... Just so you know, Addict, Solo 1a should be FCable for you. The solo is 21.6 NPS apparently meaning that you're mashing that X button 11 times per second. Just imagine you are playing Texas Flood while holding down those other buttons for the trills and you should do pretty good lol.

Yeah... The thing is, though, I can't FC Texas Flood yet. So it'd still be a really fucking hard FC, but I think i could keep a combo...

Unless, of course, the 360 controller is different from the DS, and pressing "A" is harder than pressing "X"

shinycow17  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I can 5 star joe perry guitar battle, cliffs of dover, cult of personality, and a bunch of other songs with a controller (expert). and I can beat fcpremix, less talk more rokk, and I can't remember what else.. o and I beat ttfaf on hard =)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCPREMIX is really hard... That mosh solo is way harder than you'd ever think, I failed on it the first time i played it.

Nefos  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's my run on a hacked version of The Devil Went Down to Georgia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nzfuemrSQ
bobwasherelol  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fail at dualshock -.-
12:46 bobwasherelol : do your cocks range in size?
12:46 drofmotSH : yes bob
12:47 drofmotSH : yes they do actually
vaultitup  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfBBQ wrote:

yes...yes i did see his sightread haha

Credit to Karatechess
KingOfBBQ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaultitup wrote:
KingOfBBQ wrote:

yes...yes i did see his sightread haha

And hopefully you saw the comment I left on your video n00b.

I thought FCPREMIX was easy my first time :x I only failed it once when I was dicking around at a party. I didn't get any star power, and I didn't warm up so I got screwed up in the latter half of MOSH.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
Page 72 of 125

Jump to: