ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero's XBL Poker Night! (UPDATED 9/19/08)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother accidentally turned off the 360 when he ment to turn off the ps2. That's why I disconnected. Otherwise, the rankings were:

4th Mushy2008
3rd The2NerdyOnes
with BrainBAM19 and I facing off for first at time of disconnection.

My brother feels bad, but what are we going to do for the rankings?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRidGE wrote:
My brother accidentally turned off the 360 when he ment to turn off the ps2. That's why I disconnected. Otherwise, the rankings were:

4th Mushy2008
3rd The2NerdyOnes
with BrainBAM19 and I facing off for first at time of disconnection.

My brother feels bad, but what are we going to do for the rankings?
I think I'm just going to solve the problem right here and now and give you full credit for the win. You had more than twice as many chips as I had, and I doubt I would have come back to win anyways. You deserve it more than I do, so I say you get full credit for this week's victory.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, I'm fine with that choice, let's just be sure that Mushy and Nerdy don't mind it. I'd rather not have anyone angry at more for just accepting a win.

Even still, that was quite a game, at one point, both Brian and I were down under $1000, with blinds at 100/200. That we came in at first and second is amazing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRidGE wrote:
Obviously, I'm fine with that choice, let's just be sure that Mushy and Nerdy don't mind it. I'd rather not have anyone angry at more for just accepting a win.

Even still, that was quite a game, at one point, both Brian and I were down under $1000, with blinds at 100/200. That we came in at first and second is amazing.

I suck... I would more or less prefer a head to head... but we are just doing a friendly poker game... so it's not that big of deal... what ever you guys decide is fine.

and you all guys suck to... I was the chip leader the WHOLE GAME and in 2 hands... bye bye

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
edvik  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sorry guys i was planning on playing today. but i got called into the office last minute

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it sounds like you guys had fun and I'll go ahead and use those rankings.

I couldn't make it either this week and I've missed my share, but I did have it up on my calendar. :-)

I guess a tip for the folks that want to join in but simply forget at the last minute is to drop a reminder into Outlook or Yahoo (or any PIM for that matter) for noon every Friday. At least that way you get to see it pop up to let you know.

It does seem to be a lot lighter this season. We might put it up for a re-vote between seasons but I think it would be even more confusing if we change the time we play now that we've started Summer.

As always, write your thoughts in this thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Silly  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the timing issue - it's the fact it's a friday which massively gets me. since I'm the only UK person of course this doesn't affect everyone else, but I'm finding it impossible to stay awake until 1am or later after a full working week.

Given a choice in the matter I would prefer a Saturday evening/night, but that would then overlap the DII night (which for some unknown reason I haven't gone to yet)...

Of course this is just one person's opinion, and it'll be interesting to see what everyone else thinks about a possible time switching.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
dascripter  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I want to get in my Gamer Tag is dascripter
Next 3 Up:
Pychobilly Freakout (4.2) Jordan (4.7) Six (3.8)
egraves7  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple thoughts about the scheduling. I think it's only natural that during the summer, attendance is going to drop off. People are much more likely to hang out with friends and family. We're also much more likely to spend time outside rather than in a dark room in front of a TV.

It has been suggested that the game be moved to the weekend. I have to contest this idea. The likelihood of me being around on a Saturday night to play poker is roughly zilch. The same goes for Sunday night. Those are the days that I'll be hanging out with friends/family. IMO, the best thing to do is to leave it as is. Perhaps DGP could dust off the Poll button for use here, and see what we all think.

Just my $0.02.

ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Times that are good for me are:

- Weekday evenings after work. (Except Friday XD)
- Weekends during the day.
- Sunday Evening.
- Saturday Evening on some days.

I'm almost never going to be good to go at 8:00 pm on a Friday. If it moved back a couple hours to 6:00 pm EST maybe but that probably inconveniences the West Coast too much.

Maybe a couple of games during the week could be worked out. A and B leagues? Joint results? It all depends on how many people are missing Friday Evenings due to inability to attend and how many people just don't want to sit in front of a TV as egraves mentioned.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to play tomorrow so watch out for me (not that I will win). I haven't been on at all this summer.

edit: ok. I CAN play today. I hope that we have enough people for a game.

Last edited by muna on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to partake as soon as I receive my new 360 (in two weeks). My gamertag = S/N, so RLKDragon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
egraves7  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. I think I've fixed the problem preventing me and DGP from being in the same room, so hopefully... yeah.

TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just this past week, I've been having problems with my 360 freezing during just about every game I play. I doubt that poker will be any different. That, along with the fact that I'm eating dinner out with the family tonight, and I have decided to sit this week out.

I know, that's horrible when I'm the only ranked player (EDIT: apparently, the minimum for ranking is 4 instead of 3. My bad. The rest of the sentence still applies.), with a win ratio of 67% and an ITM ratio of 100%, but that's just what I've gotta do. Sorry...
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also decided to sit this week out, I don't know, I just don't feel like playing today....odd. Sorry guys. :/

Also, I might be starting a driver's ed course Monday for the next two weeks, and if that's the case, the time it will be going on will cut directly into poker(it's Monday-Friday for two weeks I believe). So in that case, if I end up taking it, I won't be here for the next two weeks.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: