ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NGJ's Raining Blood guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NGJ  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

Yeah, this is my first guide, so don't go berserk at me if you think it's bad, okay?

THE (UNOFFICIAL) Raining Blood guide

Okay, so you've finally beaten NotB or One (I don't see anyone who would have Cliffs of Dover as their final tier 8 pass before RaBl) and are ready to take on the might of Raining Blood. How will you match up to the great Kerry King? Probably not so well, but that's why this guide is here!

INTRO

Don't miss any notes.

MAIN RIFF

Be sure to get the SP phrase. Don't forget to alt-strum the 's.

HARD RAIN

This is where it gets tough. You've got triplets, and then a very awkward transition. Yes, there is an SP phrase here. However, it is not essential that you get it. But there's no harm in boosting your Rock Meter AND racking up more points, now is there?

MOSH 1

Okay, contrary to popular belief, this is NOT the hardest section of the song. All it requires is the proper technique. If you're going for the pass, do this one-handed. If it's the 5* you want, tap it. Since this guide focuses on the pass (I don't even have a 4*), we will do this one-handed.

As we all know, Mosh 1 is and with some chords. What you should do is skip the oranges. No, not greens, but oranges. This way, you'll be doing it as follows:

432 4321 432 4321 etc.

If your Rock Meter sinks into the low yellow or red, activate SP.

Alternatively, you could use the more conventional method, i.e.:

4321 432 4321 432

Personally, I prefer the first method, but you can use the second if you wish. Next comes the...

VERSE

The most important thing here is NOT to screw up the chord changes. There is an SP phrase in here which is essential. It's:

If you miss this, you might as well start over. My technique to hit this is:

d dudud dud d dudud dudu
-~- MORE TO COME SOON -~-

Last edited by NGJ on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would't you just finish it before you submitted it?

Anyway, this guide looks somewhat promising, maybe make the section titles a little bigger and change the colours or something. Also, maybe list more than one method for each section. Also, whammying on non-SP notes doesn't get you any extra points in Guitar Hero III.

EDIT: Here's some more stuff:

INTRO

NGJ wrote:
Don't miss any notes, and just whammy as much as you can.
Be sure to get the SP phrase. If you have been whammying, this probably will net you an SP activation. Don't use it yet. Alt-strum the 's.

I downstrum all the G's and I can hit this riff almost every time (unless I make a stupid mistake). Also, there is no way you will have an SP activation here, since there's only one star power phrase here.

NGJ wrote:
If you're going for the pass, do this one-handed. If it's the 5* you want, tap it. Since this guide focuses on the pass (I don't even have a 4*), we will do this one-handed.

Who taps Mosh 1? o.O

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1

Last edited by -Magnum- on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
INTRO

You realize that does nothing, right?
KrackaJack  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:

MAIN RIFF
Be sure to get the SP phrase. If you have been whammying, this probably will net you an SP activation. Don't use it yet. Alt-strum the 's.

Um, is this a joke? Since when does whammying during regular notes give you more star power?

This is about as useful as this topic...
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56987

But seriously, I'm sure there are enough topics for raining blood in the sticky.
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:
Okay, so you've finally beaten NotB or One (I don't see anyone who would have Cliffs of Dover as their final tier 8 pass before RaBl) and are ready to take on the might of Raining Blood.

I didn't pass Cliffs of Dover until after Raining Blood.

But anyway, a few things I wanted to point out. The green triplets are nowhere near KoC speed. If I had to think of a rough example off the top of my head, it'd probably be more like One Darkness riff speed, execpt with triplets. I'm currently attempting the 5* and I don't know of anyone who taps the mosh. If you're going to suggest tapping though, you might want to include some possible fingering methods. It looks okay so far, just keep at it.[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:
NGJ wrote:
Okay, so you've finally beaten NotB or One (I don't see anyone who would have Cliffs of Dover as their final tier 8 pass before RaBl) and are ready to take on the might of Raining Blood.

I didn't pass Cliffs of Dover until after Raining Blood.

But anyway, a few things I wanted to point out. The green triplets are nowhere near KoC speed. If I had to think of a rough example off the top of my head, it'd probably be more like One Darkness riff speed, execpt with triplets. I'm currently attempting the 5* and I don't know of anyone who taps the mosh. If you're going to suggest tapping though, you might want to include some possible fingering methods. It looks okay so far, just keep at it.
[/quote]

If you strum straight up at darkness riff speed, you'll hit them.

Also, Mosh 1 is the hardest part to pass by far.
Asuco  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can people say this guide is decent? Sorry but i cannot possibly how anyone could get better at Raining Blood by being told to whammy the entire freaking intro. I mean that stuff isn't exactly pleasant on the ears as it is. :P

Also I call massive amounts of BS on your (OP) supposed TWIE -3. I mean you have 16th place for Wii on that song yet two months later you submit a 3.9 star score for FCPREMIX? I DO NOT THINK SO.
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
INTRO

I stopped reading here.

At least finish the guide before you post it.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:
INTRO

If you're gonna try to compete with bjw, at least know what you're talking about. This guide is just unnecessary, the one I linked too covers everything on the song, and is universally considered one of the best guides on the site.

I'm also upset that I got beat to linking Score Tip...

EDIT: Thanks Shadow.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
NGJ wrote:
INTRO

If you're gonna try to compete with bjw, at least know what you're talking about. This guide is just unnecessary, the one I linked too covers everything on the song, and is universally considered one of the best guides on the site.

I'm also upset that I got beat to linking Score Tip...
This. We really don't need two Raining Blood guides, especially with bjw's guide.

Oh, congrats on getting un-perma-rockered TheThirdDay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

KrackaJack wrote:
NGJ wrote:

MAIN RIFF

Um, is this a joke? Since when does whammying during regular notes give you more star power?

This is about as useful as this topic...
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56987

But seriously, I'm sure there are enough topics for raining blood in the sticky.

You get more SP by whammying LONG notes.

EDIT: T_T Okay, I'm never randomly whammying ever again. *goes to edit guide*

Last edited by NGJ on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:
You get more SP by whammying LONG notes.

Only if the long note, which by the way is referred to as sustain around here, is part of a star power phrase. And none of the long notes in Raining Blood are. So actually, the whammy bar is completely useless on this song.

So in short, you will not have SP at the time you said you will. Have you actually ever even played the song?
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:
My technique to hit this is:

d dudud dud d dudud dudu
-~- MORE TO COME SOON -~-

I found this to be much easier

d dudud dud d dudud dudu

DUDUDU D D D DUDUDU DUDU

much less awkward speedy doubledowns and the engine is lenient enough to do the fast part all at the same speed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more proof calls around here, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these scores which obviously are not true. Hate the rankings getting fucked up because of it
50 Songs Gold Starred [X]
FC GH:Aerosmith [ ]

Check out my GH vids on Utube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingpin0072001uk
Me breaking my arm is also on there.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Skatergamer0209
BuggsIsBugs  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NGJ's Raining Blood guide Reply with quote

NGJ wrote:
Okay, so you've finally beaten NotB or One (I don't see anyone who would have Cliffs of Dover as their final tier 8 pass before RaBl) and are ready to take on the might of Raining Blood. How will you match up to the great Kerry King? Probably not so well, but that's why this guide is here!

Um I beat Cliffs b4 RaBl and y write a guide if u cant even 4 star the song. plus did u read Raining Blood: No You Don't Need To Start A New Topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: