ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Definitive Guide To Custom Songs On The Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splifchief  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Humor4Fun

Ok... 2 more questions and I'll stop buggin ya

1. is there an easy way to convert an expert note chart to a hard or medium chart. most of the songs i really wanna play, i can only find expert charts.

2. if i fix an offset in feedback...is the offset now 0 or do I imput the # that feedback gives me??
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. That is the focus of a number of different applications, including my own ACE program. The simple answer is no. It cannot be done. But there are programs that try to derive easier difficulties from the harder ones.

2. If feedback is giving you an offset # then that is probably the right one to give to the GUI. Personally I have not had to use any offsets really. What I do know is that if there is an offset described in the song.ini file then that will get translated into the GUI. But it must be a positive number, so if song.ini says "offset = -450" (negative) then the GUI should say offset: 450 (positive)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I think i got everything figured out for the most part. Thanks for your help.
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, that's why we are still running this thread. (and the fact that it would be cool to get it to 100 pages!) But mainly because this is the best and fastest way to get customs done as of yet. (Until TheGHOST is released)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the actual songs and note charts into the game....

Except it sounds like the old guitar tracks for the original songs are playing the background of the game.

Any solution to this?
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are setting up the audio for conversion, make sure that all sections are filled with a new audio file. Meaning that what you probably did was only replace the song audio, and you need to specify that the guitar and bass audio are replaced as well. That's where the blank.ogg files come in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
When you are setting up the audio for conversion, make sure that all sections are filled with a new audio file. Meaning that what you probably did was only replace the song audio, and you need to specify that the guitar and bass audio are replaced as well. That's where the blank.ogg files come in.

The GUI immediately had the address for the blank.ogg filled in. Do I need to create my own?

I checked some of the songs on audacity, and they are all fine.

*Edit*
The address was incorrect (a folder had been removed)
Thanks
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you were able to get that worked out.

It other TheGHOST news.....
EPIC PROGRESS was made today!!! There will be a writeup on my blog in a few hours (currently 17:22)

Release imminent!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
glad you were able to get that worked out.

It other TheGHOST news.....
EPIC PROGRESS was made today!!! There will be a writeup on my blog in a few hours (currently 17:22)

Release imminent!

Yes I can't wait! What is an estimate? Still the end of the month?
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Just like I said in the blog post (as it's slightly off topic for this thread)

The original plan was release at/near the end of November, but then we hit a rather large snag (detailed in my blog) which made it seem like we may need to push the release till the new year, but with the successes from today's testing of new theories that we had about Wii Disc data organization, etc, we have unhooked ourselves from that snag and are back on track for release at/near the end of November. (but there could always be some other error that we run into that stops that) *knockonwood*

So, stay interested, as this project is a MUCH better way of creating Wii customs....MUCH MUCH MUCH better. like 50x fold better. you will all be amazed. and if you are not amazed by it, then you do not deserve to use the program because you clearly do not appreciate what is happening when you put a custom song onto a wii disc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be posting screenshots soon that show some of the new changes that have been occuring with TheGHOST. So stay tuned.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get my hands on your promising app! Keep up the good work and take all the time you need to get it finished
rednano12  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorehero leecher here....

So TheGHOST simply compiles this long and annoying list of programs into one? (That is what I am gathering from your blog). Also, will TheGHOST be able to replace songs without a modchip? If not, which backup loader that is compatible with the homebrew channel would be the best? I do not support piracy at the expense of Nintendo. Please reply soon!
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, TheGHOST is an all-in-one solution to creating custom disks. Creating customs is COMPLETELY separate from running the custom, which can be done either nativly with a hardmod drivechip, or through a softmod backup disk loader.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Thank you. What softmod backup disk loader works best?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 80 of 86

Jump to: