ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wrestling? Not WWE.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamo5  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Wrestling? Not WWE. Reply with quote

Anybody wrestle for High School, Middle School or a Recreation team?

I wrestle 189 for High School and I'm a sophomore. I've been wrestling since 1st grade, so I really love it.

Anybody else?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
Subrick  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of my friends do wrestling. I was gonna do it but my papers came in too late. I don't think I would've enjoyed it either, because the coach reminds me of old school football coaches: merciless. Plus, I'm overweight (182 with 29 BMI).

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
RadiantOpaque  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wrestled since first grade and I'm a junior, so that makes it 10 years. I live in Ohio which is ranked the #1 state for high school wrestling in America, so I haven't gone to the state tournament yet, but I hope to either this year or next.

The thing is, no team stands a chance of winning the tournament because of a team that recruits kids from all around America. We have three teams that absolutely DOMINATE all three divisions.

D1: St. Edwards (Private School)
D2: St. Paris Graham (Private School, Ranked 2nd in America next to Blair Academy in New Jersey)
D3: Monroesville (They actually might not be a private school.)

All three of those teams have at least a 5 year state tournament winning streak. St. Edwards with like 25 years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrestled for 12 years of my life. 1st grade thru High School.

I was 103, 112, 119, and 119 my 4 years of High School. Varsity all 4 years.

I wouldn't say I loved it...keeping my weight down for 4-5 months of the year was a bitch.

Looking back, I do miss the discipline I had. I was in much better shape then.

1 thing that always pissed me off about ignorant people is the following comment that I got my entire life (and actually still get, even though I haven't wrestled for like 7 years): "ewww, you roll around on the floor with guys while wearing nothing but spandex".

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
ELeiser17  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrestled one year in 8th grade. I truly hated it. I stuck it out though because I didn't want to be another kid that did it for less than a week and just quit. It is all a mental sport.
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a demonstration a my school....I'm pretty good I was able to take down someone larger than me. I've considered joining my school team but nah, I'd rather play Guitar Hero.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrestled in 6th and 7th grade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wrestled since I was four. I am 29 now, so this season marks my quarter century mark. I wrestle in various tournaments for fun throughout the year, but mostly I am an official now. It is truly the greatest sport on the planet!!!! (IMO).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently wrestling now. I suck to say the least lol but I just began this year because most of my friends did it and I'd have nothing to do. We've had 2 meets so far but I've had no matches because our team has around 40 kids and the other teams have about 15-20.
jscott1324  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrestle 103 on my high school team. I've been wrestling for 9 years and I'm a freshman. I'm an all-american, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrestled on the JV team at Bergen Catholic Highschool in my earlier years. We generally dominate NJ and im proud to have been a part of the team. I have a heart condition which somewhat hindered me from really moving forward to varsity and from really giving it my all. I also wrestled 189. Im currently between 195-200 so I have some pundage to lose considering b4 i was atleast muscled/cut now after 2 years of not wrestling and idk if you count a first year volleyball team as a sport, I've been slowly drifting outta shape. I should really get back at those weights and train myself again, I hate have a little pouch and having really lost what were pretty nice arms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: