ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The end of GH/RB videos on YouTube?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benney360  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallica + Napster = Epic Fail.

I think I've said enough. .
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of something, if only the band's official YouTube channel is allowed to upload videos of copyrighted music, could an official GH (or SH) channel not be made and do the same?

Probably not, but it's an idea.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They nuked all of my dragonforce videos, and my deuling banjos video... go figure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Dubz wrote:
A GH/RB video is totally different then a music video. With a music video I can see their point because you could download the audio track at decent quality. In the game videos there are almost always very loud noises from the strum bar, so it almost ruins the audio track anyway.

Unfortunately, they don't see it like this. They see it as:

bad quality version of their song = their song = copyrighted

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
For real people, what happened to Sully's thread on this?? Everyone keeps making these kinds of threads, so just look first guys.

Now that I'm done with my backseat modding, I agree this is a bad thing. Just don't upload the videos, or use external audio like your RB1 mic.

Still not safe, I had a video muted that was recorded with a camera, using the camera's audio+my strumming/fretting AND it was only the solo and it still was hit by audio recognition and muted

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: The end of GH/RB videos on YouTube? Reply with quote

markvandam wrote:
Aren't youtube making money from this though? (adverts, etc) - I don't believe they run the site from the goodness of their hearts.

How sites make money (To my understanding, take this with a grain of salt.) is they charge ad revenue depending on the amount of activity of the site. The more people visit the site, the more they could charge for ad space. This is why a video side of SH would cost more then it would make. It wouldn't compete with YT, so it wouldn't attract new users (making SH more money), but would still cost more to keep up, so it would end up costing SH quite a lot for an unneeded feature.

A-Dubz wrote:
A GH/RB video is totally different then a music video. With a music video I can see their point because you could download the audio track at decent quality. In the game videos there are almost always very loud noises from the strum bar, so it almost ruins the audio track anyway.

I agree and disagree. If one were to look up a vid for the purpose of listening to a song, they'd look at a music video. But still, you are still recording and distributing they're music without prior written consent, so I do agree that they have the right to have the GH/RB vids removed.
3starmaster  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to not get movies taken down is to play Yes We Can because even the audio bots mute that song
prognostics  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
YouTube's slogan says "YouTube: Don't Broadcast Music"...but they're putting an end to this. Yes, master copies are under copyright law, but it seems obvious that this isn't copyright infringement; if the songs can be in the game, what's wrong with taking videos of that game? I haven't noticed any GameSpy/etc GHIII preview videos taken down, even tough they are all direct audio. My camera shoots video in superlatively high quality, but since it's a video camera and you can hear strumming it's okay? even while any video that uses ingame audio is being flagged for copyvio? Seems like this doesn't make any sense...YouTube is falling under the influence of the God complex: it's just saying "See, we have the power over you MUAHAHA".

I'm very disappointed by this turn of events.

Fix'd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: