ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Most Eratic GH Player?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achillez  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

Alright, so here's my story. I have 50 FC's on GH3. Rock And Roll All Nite, The Seeker, and Kool Thing are NOT in those set of 50. However, The Way it Ends and For The Love of God are. Why is it that I can get 667k on TTFAF, near FC Raining Blood, and get 540k on TDWDTG, but I STILL can't FC those 3 dumb songs? Anyone like me?
FC Soothsayer []
#2 Campaign - Expert
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealAchilleZ - Comment, Rate, Subscribe.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

Achillez wrote:
Alright, so here's my story. I have 50 FC's on GH3. Rock And Roll All Nite, The Seeker, and Kool Thing are NOT in those set of 50. However, The Way it Ends and For The Love of God are. Why is it that I can get 667k on TTFAF, near FC Raining Blood, and get 540k on TDWDTG, but I STILL can't FC those 3 dumb songs? Anyone like me?

Rock and Roll all Night has got to be one of the biggest fucking chokefests in the game. Personally I should have gotten this FC many many times, but I'll miss one of the last notes, and it happens so many times, I just get aggravated with the fucking thing and don't play it for months.

The Seeker has a VERY awkward strumming tempo... its almost too slow to alt strum but to fast to downstrum. I suggest you count for this one. I haven't FC'd it either (partly because I can't seem to hit both alt strum parts in one run and partly because I can't stand the cover of the song).

Kool Thing is an absolutely terrible fucking song. I could shit on guitar strings and record it and it would sound better. I hate that fucking song. Aside from that, its just the same damn weird alt strum riff over and over again and it is weird as hell. I don't blame you for not getting this one. I don't have it, and probably never will, simply because I hate having to listen to the god forsaken thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Achillez wrote:

Rock and Roll all Night has got to be one of the biggest fucking chokefests in the game. Personally I should have gotten this FC many many times, but I'll miss one of the last notes, and it happens so many times, I just get aggravated with the fucking thing and don't play it for months.

The Seeker has a VERY awkward strumming tempo... its almost too slow to alt strum but to fast to downstrum. I suggest you count for this one. I haven't FC'd it either (partly because I can't seem to hit both alt strum parts in one run and partly because I can't stand the cover of the song).

Kool Thing is an absolutely terrible fucking song. I could shit on guitar strings and record it and it would sound better. I hate that fucking song. Aside from that, its just the same damn weird alt strum riff over and over again and it is weird as hell. I don't blame you for not getting this one. I don't have it, and probably never will, simply because I hate having to listen to the god forsaken thing.

Agreed all covers are TERRIBLE but then again, I despise The Who.
FC Soothsayer []
#2 Campaign - Expert
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealAchilleZ - Comment, Rate, Subscribe.
FluffyMonkeys  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think RARAN gets enough credit for it's difficulty. I think it being in the first tier most players assume it should be one of the simpler FCs. Well, it's not. At least not for me.

And I agree about Kool Thing. That song can burn in hell.

Code:
____|  |        _|  _|          \  |             |                 
 |     | |   | |   |   |   |   |\/ |  _ \  __ \  |  / _ \ |   |  __|
 __|   | |   | __| __| |   |   |   | (   | |   |   <  __/ |   |\__ \
_|    _|\__,_|_|  _|  \__, |  _|  _|\___/ _|  _|_|\_\___|\__, |____/
                      ____/                              ____/
sedron  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you can FC TWIE and FTLOG (For the Love of God, it's a funny acronym,) then those three FC's are definitely in your reach. It's just a matter of putting enough effort into it and not choking. I could easily have over 25 FC's on GH3 instead of whatever number I have now, but I keep choking on songs and then not playing them afterwards. So, just try at them and I'm sure you'll get them over time, no matter how chokable, boring and/or crappy sounding they are. Good luck!
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help you with Kool Thing. I found it a VERY easy FC and I think it was #23 for me.

dddududududd

When I got that method down, I had kool thing in the bag.

As far as The Seeker goes, it's important to remember that a lot of the strumming breaks are on an UPSTRUM. I 100%'d this recently as well but I inserted extra strums twice in Bridge 1. That's all I can really say about that; once you get those breaks in the Bridge down there isn't a lot hard about this song.

RaRaN just has a REALLY stupid solo and I can't help you here. My best run on it is like, -6, and it was a fluke. Good luck with that!
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Achillez  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
I can help you with Kool Thing. I found it a VERY easy FC and I think it was #23 for me.

dddududududd

When I got that method down, I had kool thing in the bag.

As far as The Seeker goes, it's important to remember that a lot of the strumming breaks are on an UPSTRUM. I 100%'d this recently as well but I inserted extra strums twice in Bridge 1. That's all I can really say about that; once you get those breaks in the Bridge down there isn't a lot hard about this song.

RaRaN just has a REALLY stupid solo and I can't help you here. My best run on it is like, -6, and it was a fluke. Good luck with that!

Thanks to you, that's FC #52 (go go gadget rhyming skillz!)
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, don't mention it. Now go get the other 18!
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Achillez wrote:

RARAN is a big chokefest, like he and pieman said(though i have -1 on it ) just do your best, and hope you dont choke.

The Seeker, well, he basically summed it up for me(miraculously, though, i have 100% on it, but havent even gotten that since)

Koo Thing, i thankfully have that FC, but it can go to hell, for sure. the stumming is FTL.

The covers arent that bad, though(then again, i havent heard the origianls).

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
prognostics  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RARAN is a joke if you have a method of hitting it.
For me the choke spot was the:

Lift your have off to hit the
It was simple as that.
jameslikecoulter  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad Rock and Roll All Night was my 62nd FC. It's actually pretty hard.
iamchris4life : hahhhahaha
PrestonxPunk : HA
Rishi : ohhh snap!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jameslikecrazy
brandonbb13  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like Mother LOL..and Mother was your 62nd FC lulz

My youtube channel, which features On Tour videos, including a Band Hero DS unboxing video!

Subscribe for more videos.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
formale  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can FC for the love of god you can FC 68 on disc songs easily
Achillez  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameslikecoulter wrote:
Don't feel bad Rock and Roll All Night was my 62nd FC. It's actually pretty hard.

I NEVER in a million years would've expected YOU of all people to comment here ha ha thanks though. The solo I just choke on huge. The first little thing kills me. I can most times hit the rest of it just some transition kills me. 62nd huh? damn though...

Last edited by Achillez on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Achillez  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

formale wrote:
if you can FC for the love of god you can FC 68 on disc songs easily

Sadly, no =\

I have very quick fingers for solos and stuff and I have the endurance for strumming, but for some reason the slow ass shit KILLS me. For example, I can FC Trapped Under Ice, but Hotel California wtf pwns me with the slow ass hammerons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: