ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Devastation 2009 - Phoenix, AZ - June 19th-June 21st - $2000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Devastation 2009 - Phoenix, AZ - June 19th-June 21st - $2000 Reply with quote

Hey everyone - a friend of mine is organizing this event and he asked me to post this info here. It's going to be pretty huge and they're still announcing the prizes for the rest of the games - the Guitar Hero one will probably also be pretty huge too. Hope you all can make it! I'll be there for sure ^__^

Update: Prizing for GHWT is $2000 guaranteed!!

=============================================

DEVASTATION is back again for its fifth year and we are bigger and better than ever! To celebrate this fifth anniversary we are blowing the roof off for our players and posting guaranteed pots for tournament games. The titles announced so far are $2,000.00 for STREET FIGHTER IV and GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE; the NEXT $2,000.00 tournament title will be announced soon... In addition to the HUGE payouts we are proud to partner with the Big Boys & Their Toys Expo to cover our expo area this year. Registered players will have access to over 160,000 square feet of expo space adjoining the DEVASTATION event floor.

All registered players will receive a free DEVASTATION shirt, custom badge and lanyards, raffle ticket and more; you even get to choose the custom badge online! Click "Add to Cart" on one of the games in the registration section and you will see the badges available this year.

A portion of all proceeds, including the raffle and other fundraisers will go towards Off Campus Jams, a not-for-profit organization that maintains foster home communities and programs for children under eighteen. So not only are you able to attend an awesome Event, but also help out an extraordinary cause at the same time.

What:
DEVASTATION 2009
http://www.devastationevent.com

When:
Friday, June 19th - Sunday, June 21st 2009

Where (Event):
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building
100 North 3rd Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA

Where (Hotel):
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street Phoenix, Arizona 85004 USA

Tournament Games List:
- Madden NFL 09
- Street Fighter IV, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- SoulCalibur IV
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, $2,000.00 Guaranteed Pot Announced
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Tekken 6
- Guitar Hero World Tour
- Gears of War 2 (Wingman 2v2 and Warzone 4v4 events)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3v3)
- Mario Kart Wii

On top of the tournament and expo sections, DEVASTATION boasts a massive casual play area with console games and a truckload (literally) of arcade machines from our partner, Castles N' Coasters, all set to free play for our attendees to enjoy. So, even if you are not the 'tournament" type, you are still welcome to come and play with other gamers.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!

We have more details and surprizes to unveil; keep an eye out here and the website for further details: http://www.devastationevent.com

Online registration is REQUIRED, so run over to the website and secure your spot now!

Last edited by pmswedge on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jedirobb  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* I will add that the next guaranteed prize pot amount and game title will be announced Monday, February 2nd....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jedirobb PSN Name: jedirobb
jedirobb  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: $2,000.00 Super Smash Bros Brawl Prize Pot Reply with quote

Update:

Super Smash Bros Brawl is the next $2,000.00 guaranteed prize title!

Additionally, we have released three new Player Badges, including a limited edition Street Fighter IV badge with only 50 available.

Here are the new badges:
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom (B)
- Street Fighter IV (A)
- Street Fighter IV (CE)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jedirobb PSN Name: jedirobb
sh4d0wscr34m  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKW+GH:WT?

I'm definitely gonna come to this if at all possible.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon as they announce what the guitar hero one is i'll decide if i want to go.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge will update the original post, but the prize has been confirmed as $2,000 for GH:WT.

In addition, the new GH arcade machine will be at the event and on free play the entire weekend.
Akunin  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A $2,000 pot for Guitar Hero. I'm there, and i better see some intense GH play.
DrDogg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: April 2nd

DEVASTATION Updates:

* Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles (Official) Tournament announced, rules posted and registration is open
* SNK/Raging Storm Guest Badge variant and Player Badge available on the site (now 18 badges to choose from)
* Confirmed Side-Tournaments: SNK KOF (5 titles with bonus pots), BlazBlue (singles and doubles), Super Smash Bros Melee (singles and doubles), Karnov's Revenge (Singles), Battle Fantasia (Singles)

Important Price Increase Note/Dates!

* On April 15th, the Registration fee will go up to $45.00 and the Raffle Tickets to $10.00.
* On May 1st, the Registration fee will go up to $50.00 and remain there until day-of, emergency registrations.

You wait to pay and you will pay more...

Hotel Reservation Information

* Just a reminder, we have a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt Regency across the street from the DEVASTATION venue. These room rates are only good until May and then the prices will increase.
* Room rates are $105.00 for double occupancy
* Make your reservation now, check out the Hotel Page: http://www.devastationevent.com/hotel

We have a more updates coming so do not be surprised if we post up again shortly.

Are we done yet? No.
What other stuff are we going to announce and WHEN!? Wait for it...
Carungi  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I went to this last year in Az. Was pretty fun, got 2nd place for GH3 and won like $30. But holy shit, they totally stepped up the competition this year. Going from a little room to a convention center? Nice job guys.

I might go to this. $45 registration though? And KoT might kick my ass? I dunno

DrDogg  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
Haha, I went to this last year in Az. Was pretty fun, got 2nd place for GH3 and won like $30. But holy shit, they totally stepped up the competition this year. Going from a little room to a convention center? Nice job guys.

This year is significantly bigger than last year.

We aren't ready to release full details on some of the extra stuff we have going on, but you won't have to take 1st through 3rd to win some stuff.

- Your registration gets you a shirt and free raffle ticket, and we have a lot of really nice stuff in the raffle.
- You also get full access to the arcade area (which is right next to our GH setup) and that has a bunch of games including the new Guitar Hero arcade game... all on free play the whole weekend.
- And you get complete access to the Big Boys & Their Toys expo.

Now the other thing we have yet to announce I can't discuss just yet, but it will give people the opportunity to win some good stuff without placing top 3.

The announcement should be coming soon, so stay tuned. I don't think any tournaments have offered stuff along these lines.
Akunin  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:

If this was a one day GW tournament I would agree that $45 dollars would be a lot of money, but this year its a three day event. The big convention center doesn't come cheap. Plus for $45 dollars no one else offers the same kind of bang for your buck. DrDogg already hinted that a lot of that money goes directly back to the player. Its all about how much you get for your dollar and DEVASTATION is a steal for $45.
mattdylan99  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you need to add Call of Duty 4 or World at War to the game list. It would attract a lot more people. I'm not a fan of Halo, but that would be a good idea as well.
DrDogg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdylan99 wrote:
Ok, you need to add Call of Duty 4 or World at War to the game list. It would attract a lot more people. I'm not a fan of Halo, but that would be a good idea as well.

We're all for having more tournaments, and we actually had CoD4 at DEVASTATION 2008. If you'd like to attend and hold some side tournaments you're more than welcome to.

However, FPS aren't the only games that can draw a crowd. Have you been to a big Guitar Hero event or a major fighting game tournament?

Having Smash Brawl and Smash Melee will draw just as many players as any of the FPS games. Not to mention Street Fighter IV is expected to have a huge turnout as well (241 players showed up at the first SF4 major... and there was no guaranteed prize money at all).
mattdylan99  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could hold a side tournament of COD4. I could use the entrants payment(possibly $35) as the prize money. It would be better if you guys could host a COD4 tournament, charge a fee, and give away the fees as prizes. Reason being, the only way I may attend this GHWT tournament is if there is a COD tournament. My friend will take me to Atlanta if there is one.
Carungi  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdylan99 wrote:
Well, I could hold a side tournament of COD4. I could use the entrants payment(possibly $35) as the prize money. It would be better if you guys could host a COD4 tournament, charge a fee, and give away the fees as prizes. Reason being, the only way I may attend this GHWT tournament is if there is a COD tournament. My friend will take me to Atlanta if there is one.

Atlanta? You mean Arizona? :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: