ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Selling off old-school NES...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off old-school NES... Reply with quote

FoxNtd wrote:
mjharper wrote:
and a kid on the way I'm finding it harder to justify keeping it.

So your kid can have the experiences we had when we were kids, really great awesome fantastic classic games instead of rehashed all-graphics no-gameplay crap these days?

You have a lot of important titles in that list. Legend of Zelda for starters...

HIGH 5!!! This is so true! Everything gamers care today about is the graphics. The NES classics such as SMB1, 2 & 3 and Zelda 1 & 2 are so worth keeping. Don't sell. That's my advice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name your price. Honestly. My NES just crapped out on me.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:

Name your price. Honestly. My NES just crapped out on me.

The first NES I got was destroyed in a flood in my basement. The one I have now was a used one my brother got over the internet a few years ago, and it's still going strong.

Still, having an NES for your kid can be nostalgic for you.

"Hey, dad? How do I get to the second level in Zelda? I keep finding the third one, and the forth one, and the first one, but I can't find the second one. Can you help me?"

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Selling off old-school NES... Reply with quote

FoxNtd wrote:
mjharper wrote:
and a kid on the way I'm finding it harder to justify keeping it.

So your kid can have the experiences we had when we were kids, really great awesome fantastic classic games instead of rehashed all-graphics no-gameplay crap these days?

You have a lot of important titles in that list. Legend of Zelda for starters...

I'll just say that the ratio of crap-to-good games has stayed pretty consistent throughout generations. Pick a random NES game out of the 750 available. If you're lucky, it will be average. If you're not, it will be extremely broken and have crappy controls and will look like complete ass, too. So let's try not to be so selective with our memories here. Everyone knows and loves Zelda, Mario, etc, but who remembers crap like Athena, Dynowarz, Cybernoid, whatever licensed turds LJN put out, 8 Eyes, and Magmax? Few people do.

On topic, you should probably just keep the NES and games, but then again since you have all the good ones you could sell them and make a decent amount of money. Sorry, that wasn't very helpful. >_>

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what Imacarrot said, or eBay that bitch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I bought and sold NES SNESs and whatnot on ebay, finding what i could from garage sales, and I can honestly say it isn't worth it to sell it, if you cleaned it up and did a huge detailed description on ebay you could get 100$ for all of it, but imagine the countless hours of entertainment you could get making your kids play it. Or hell even play it yourself. I just beat zelda II for the first time yesterday, that was the most satisfying ending credits iv seen since I beat IWBTG.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:
For a while I bought and sold NES SNESs and whatnot on ebay, finding what i could from garage sales, and I can honestly say it isn't worth it to sell it, if you cleaned it up and did a huge detailed description on ebay you could get 100$ for all of it, but imagine the countless hours of entertainment you could get making your kids play it. Or hell even play it yourself. I just beat zelda II for the first time yesterday, that was the most satisfying ending credits iv seen since I beat IWBTG.

Didja beat it without internet guides like gameFAQs? If so, you deserve a medal or something.

I got really far in that game without a guide, but I could never... well...
this explains why I hate that game. I failed so hard at it, and for that, it's 1/3 of the reason I hated it.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:
but imagine the countless hours of entertainment you could get making your kids play it.

Haha. "Making your kids play it." That made me laugh. "SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW AND PLAY MARIO! AND YOU BETTER BEAT BOWSER THIS TIME!"

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
mjharper  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the replies, y'all. I think I'm going to go the eBay route. I've sold lots of stuff on there for more than I was expecting to get. I would keep the system, but I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to, and when I do, I almost always play the Wii. With emulators and Virtual Console, if I ever did have the itch to play this stuff again, I'd have the means, and I'd have another $100 in the account and less junk in the living room collecting dust. And I'm sure the kid won't have any shortage of toys to play with, so as rewarding as it would be to share my childhood experiences with him or "force him to play Mario or Zelda", I think I'll let him choose what he wants to play with, and if it's a video game on the Wii, that would be great.

Nice tip on Play 'N Trade - one of those just opened up about 20 minutes from my house a few months ago and I didn't even know it (used the web site's store locator). Oh, and I also beat Zelda II, except on the GBA remake. Couldn't have done it without the walkthrough I downloaded. It took me forever to find that stupid tree in the forest, and I never would've gotten through those last few dungeons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 3229904674934577
mjharper  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, if this discussion caught your eye and you decided you'd like to own this collection, you want to make a bid and see what happens, or you're just feeling generous today, follow the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330305679697
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 3229904674934577
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Beauregard wrote:
but imagine the countless hours of entertainment you could get making your kids play it.

Haha. "Making your kids play it." That made me laugh. "SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW AND PLAY MARIO! AND YOU BETTER BEAT BOWSER THIS TIME!"

The bad part is, I have a two year old and a one year old. When they can finally play with some comprehension of what they are doing, I am going to sit them down and give them Super Mario Bros. And I will tell them, "When you beat this, I will give you Legend of Zelda." And we will progress from there.

I will raise them on the same games I was raised on and they can work their way up to all the current gen systems.
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, it sold already? I just realized I had an inbox message offer from you, MJ. Well, job well done I suppose.

IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$150.00! Not bad. I don't think anyone here gave you an estimate of over 100.00.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IWillKickU wrote:
$150.00! Not bad. I don't think anyone here gave you an estimate of over 100.00.

When Final Fantasy hits ebay, that has all the manuals and maps, that alone makes it go for big money. Oh I forgot about the dogbone controllers too. I'm sure they'll have a nice home with a now no longer lonely top loader.

Very nice turnaround, congrats!
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling off old-school NES... Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Hmm... if you sell it to a Game Stop or something, they will probably pay something like $30-50 for it.

Not. GameStop will not take it....

I actually tired to sell my Nintendo 64 to them and they didn't take it. So if they aren't taking a system newer than the one he's trying to sell. I don' think they're gonna take it.

But on topic: I would keep it. I would so love to have an NES again. I regret ever selling mine to get the Nintendo 64 I still have right now. Even though it does have some good games.

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: