ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wii Sports becomes best selling video game of all time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Super Mario Bros. was also a built in game, for the record.

I read about this not too long ago, and its fantastic news that 30 years later, Nintendo is still king.

nintendo isnt king. they give out games. if xbox gave out a free halo game for 5 years then halo would be at the top too

And what about Pokemon? That's number 2 if I recall correctly. I don't see them giving out a free one of those...unless I'm retarded and those came out with the Gameboy for a time being.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
jcd wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

I read about this not too long ago, and its fantastic news that 30 years later, Nintendo is still king.

nintendo isnt king. they give out games. if xbox gave out a free halo game for 5 years then halo would be at the top too

And what about Pokemon? That's number 2 if I recall correctly. I don't see them giving out a free one of those...unless I'm retarded and those came out with the Gameboy for a time being.

It's funny how this news thing (read some of it) says "they're not 'giving away' Wii Sports; they're selling the console with the game together."

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Ohhh but let's think shall we? Does every person on the planet want Halo? Nooooo Does every person that buys a 360 able to buy M games? Nooooooo Does every person that buys a 360 have to get Halo if this happens? Probablyyyy So, wouldn't that mean you'd have to charge more? Yessss So now you'd be priced with the PS3 again. Yuuup
*End douche mode*
All what I said up there is true. You can't sell a game with guns, violence and blood and expect everyone to like it. It's like if you go to a native country and they wipe their asses on their hand. Would you want to?(Unless you already do... which I will not comment on) Just because you want Halo doesn't mean everyone wants Halo. Sure, we could put that in reverse and say, Hey does everyone like Wii Sports? And the answer would probably be mixed between casual and hardcore gamers. But, seeing the number of casual increasing, that's why Wii Sports(And Wii Play, can't forget about that mofo) is selling so hot. Even in Japan(Where as you could see from the link is not bundled).[/i]
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

~28m x360s sold, +9m halo 3s sold is still less than 42 million, and thats not even considering that if it came bundled they wouldn't have sold 9million individual copies

Nintendo is king

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just died on the inside.

I was never really a big fan of the Wii, but nonetheless Nintendo found a way into the previously untapped masses... From a business standpoint that's great, but from a gamer's standpoint, I fear for the future of gaming.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:

~28m x360s sold, +9m halo 3s sold is still less than 42 million, and thats not even considering that if it came bundled they wouldn't have sold 9million individual copies

Nintendo is king

There's no fair assessment between the two in this regard. There's no way to NOT get Wiisports outside of Japan + South Korea. To include figures that comes with the console doesn't seem fair, as the consumer has no say into it. It's like say Bejeweled demo on the 360 is one of the top selling games on the console and solitaire is the greatest selling game of all time ever.

Outside of bundled and pre-installed games, numbers that should be looked at are number of copies sold vs. number of consoles sold. Mario 3 probably is up there (if not the most).

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: