Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grenamuhnades  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

This has been posted on there about 10 times in the last 2 months and various stores and sites. Lots of other deals on there too if you browse the forums.

This. It seems like every retailer around is having their stab at the 1-year Gold membership for 30 bucks routine...not sure what it is. Definitely a great deal, even if you still have a few months left.
Xbox is probably lowering the price.

God, I would hope so. How can they compete with PS3's price? Nothin' can beat free.
Jord4nK  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grenamuhnades wrote:
Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

This has been posted on there about 10 times in the last 2 months and various stores and sites. Lots of other deals on there too if you browse the forums.

This. It seems like every retailer around is having their stab at the 1-year Gold membership for 30 bucks routine...not sure what it is. Definitely a great deal, even if you still have a few months left.

God, I would hope so. How can they compete with PS3's price? Nothin' can beat free.

Yeah, but yours costs 100$ more and you have to buy a headset :S
And people all ways call it a personal computer, you already have one

Btw, yeah my best buy wouldent let me buy 4

SO WUT
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, they're not doing the $30-for-13-months thing this week (though if you live in KC, Omaha, or Lincoln, NFM is and BB can price match), but they are putting the 3-month bundle (which includes an extra headset and an arcade game, I believe) down to $19.99.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grenamuhnades wrote:
Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

Anything could beat PSN. It's SLOOOOOW. I'm not paying (well I'm not, my parents are) lots of cash only for Road Runner High Speed only to get 100kbps download speed.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
grenamuhnades  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

Anything could beat PSN. It's SLOOOOOW. I'm not paying (well I'm not, my parents are) lots of cash only for Road Runner High Speed only to get 100kbps download speed.

Yeah I know that, but I personally know about 5 people who have purchased a PS3 over Xbox 360 just because of the appeal of the free online play. So obviously their marketing of it is working, just saying Xbox should follow suite.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grenamuhnades wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

Yeah I know that, but I personally know about 5 people who have purchased a PS3 over Xbox 360 just because of the appeal of the free online play. So obviously their marketing of it is working, just saying Xbox should follow suite.

I disagree. Xbox has been successfully outselling PS3, plus the fact that the PS3 online isn't nearly as comparable as XBOX's... I'd say XBOX is just charging to reap a little cash off of the awesome online system they have in place.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
Deathblooms51 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:
grenamuhnades wrote:
www.slickdeals.net

I disagree. Xbox has been successfully outselling PS3, plus the fact that the PS3 online isn't nearly as comparable as XBOX's... I'd say XBOX is just charging to reap a little cash off of the awesome online system they have in place.
XBL is more of a media service than online play now.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
Staff edit: [/quotetunnel]

My temple is eight stories high! ...seriously, delete button ftw.

/Would like free, but don't mind paying for a service as good as Live.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my XBL card last night (printed off the confirmation from the website because I still haven't gotten any emails from Best Buy after 5 full days).

I know other deals have been brought up. Most people know about Circuit City's going out of business sales, but it never hurts to restate great deals. Everything is 30% off. I got Rock Band 2 (game only) for $40 while I was out. Not too bad. My store still had a large selection of games left, but not too many CDs or DVDs. Even larger items like digital cameras, camcorders and tvs were on sale.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: