ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
copyright infringent on youtube GH vids?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: copyright infringent on youtube GH vids? Reply with quote

on one of my GH vids on youtube they said that it may have audio content thats licensed to UMG

is this legit can they really take out my audio?
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you meant WMG, yeah, it's been going on for a while, GH/RB vids (including customs) have been flagged, taken down, and in extreme cases, account suspension.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
If you meant WMG, yeah, it's been going on for a while, GH/RB vids (including customs) have been flagged, taken down, and in extreme cases, account suspension.
UMG (Universal Music Group) has also been known to put ads on videos, and mute them in some cases. WMG is more notorious for removing videos and suspending users though.

DontFret: Yes, they can take out the audio since they own the copyrights to the song.
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:
UMG (Universal Music Group) has also been known to put ads on videos, and mute them in some cases. WMG is more notorious for removing videos and suspending users though.

DontFret: Yes, they can take out the audio since they own the copyrights to the song.

so even thought i've bought the game, that doesnt give me the right to put up videos of it
Jaziek  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontFret wrote:

so even thought i've bought the game, that doesnt give me the right to put up videos of it

of course not. thats like saying, so since I bought the song, I can give everybody else the song for free.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontFret wrote:
PieGuy wrote:
Cyberwaste wrote:

It's a big source of controversy. They're saying that you can't put up the song because people will just listen to it on Youtube and they'll lose money, while players are saying that they bought the game and are allowed to put up gameplay footage on Youtube. There's some big threads around here with plenty of information in them, take a look in there to see more about it.
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

of course not. thats like saying, so since I bought the song, I can give everybody else the song for free.

how is that in anyway the same. I've bought call of duty 4 and i can put of videos of gameplay and include the audio from the game but i can't put up videos of guitar hero gameplay and include the ingame audio
Jaziek  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontFret wrote:
Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

how is that in anyway the same. I've bought call of duty 4 and i can put of videos of gameplay and include the audio from the game but i can't put up videos of guitar hero gameplay and include the ingame audio

as far as I know, there isnt any music in call of duty that has a seperate copyright to the game itself.

Just because you go into a shop and buy a CD with songs on it, doesnt mean that you can then just upload all the songs onto the internet for people to listen to.
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontFret wrote:
Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

You have every right to distribute footage of gameplay but do not have the right to distribute the songs...luckily for you UMG is a lot better when it comes to things like this than WMG.

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
Vol  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontFret wrote:
Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

your an idiot. music is used to listen to and your giving it away free. thats the same as buying call of duty 4 and then uploading it and everyone can download it for free hence only one person in the world has to buy the product.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Red Beard 124 PSN Name: DK
BlueEagle  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol wrote:
DontFret wrote:
Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

your an idiot. music is used to listen to and your giving it away free. thats the same as buying call of duty 4 and then uploading it and everyone can download it for free hence only one person in the world has to buy the product.

The point about uploading videos effectively being distribution is that you can, with a few easily available programs, download the gameplay videos of GH or RB and rip the audio out of them.

Your example of listening to music isn't relevant because you can't rip the music out of somebody's head.

My most loved thread lock ever
Endless Setlist 2 Completed 27/2/09, 415/420* BoS achieved (plus first five star of battery, barely any OD usage :|)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Blue Eagle 112
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol wrote:
DontFret wrote:
Jaziek wrote:
DontFret wrote:

are you serious? you comparing streaming video to pirated games
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is never enforced, but read the back of virtually any video game box. It clearly states that Unauthorized transmission (example: youtube videos), or Public Performance (Streams among other things), is strictly prohibited. So techinically Harmonix could seek you out and remove your videos from youtube and such as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I wouldn't doubt that I am.
RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If every video on YouTube that had copyrighted content was removed we would be left with stupid valley girls talking about what they did with their hair.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
DontFret  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
I know this is never enforced, but read the back of virtually any video game box. It clearly states that Unauthorized transmission (example: youtube videos), or Public Performance (Streams among other things), is strictly prohibited. So techinically Harmonix could seek you out and remove your videos from youtube and such as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I wouldn't doubt that I am.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2cmx3s5.jpg

maybe im missing something but im not seeing that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: