ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thing you thought when you were little
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this movie?

Yeah. My cousin lives in way off away from civilization in the woods in East Texas (always has), and when I was little I'd swear to god that he lived in Ferngully. I always said it. "Are we going to Ferngully to see Aaron?" <.< My mom told me yes. I called Apple Springs "Ferngully" until I was about 7. ~.~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: omnomnomSH
SketchFactor  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Saw it in 2nd grade.

I completely forgot the plot. Too busy thinking about dinosaurs and Power Rangers.

Proud voxtar-ist. Put this in your signature if you are a voxtar-ist. Let's see how many voxtar-ists are on ScoreHero.
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-If you read enough, you can jump into books eventually (I read a LOT)
-My parents were related (horrible to think about now)
-The world used to be black-and-white, now it's hard for me to imagine the past in color.
-The continents floated above the ocean (I had heard of continental drift, and thought that it was since continents floaded about the ocean)
-Everything had a part of a person in some way, so I dared not throw away old toys. Then I learned about machine production.
-Powerlines were used for long-distance telephone communication via the way the "can and string" phone worked.
-Girls had lumps on their chests because they were all fat
-electricity was caused by elves that ran really fast to talk to other elves and make them do a job.
-television could be watched from both the screen and from the wall it is facing, however the little specs of dust I saw floating in a ray of light blocked it.

Fun :)
fcedyourmom  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

Yeah. My cousin lives in way off away from civilization in the woods in East Texas (always has), and when I was little I'd swear to god that he lived in Ferngully. I always said it. "Are we going to Ferngully to see Aaron?" <.< My mom told me yes. I called Apple Springs "Ferngully" until I was about 7. ~.~

I watched this in Honors Environemental Science last year. I shit you not, our school system is horrid.

Subrick  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

Urgh. I watched this movie after seeing the Nostalgia Critic's review of it. It sucked. Balls. The worst thing Robin Williams has done this side of RV.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
eljefe9395  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that if I wore a red long sleeve shirt and red pants and red antennae, I would become an ant. I then hid under a dresser to keep from being squished
franknfurter1000  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
zlinkneoXZ15 wrote:
powahouse wrote:

Thinking that cool new shoes automatically made me run faster and jump higher.

this. even now when im getting new shoes, for a few seconds i have this feeling that theyll make me run super fast or jump incredibly high.

that was one of the few things i believed. most of my imagination was spent thinking about imaginary things involving things I liked, not coming up with random explanations of how the world around me worked.

if i remember any more though, ill edit this post with them.

I had shoes that beeped and stuff.
They could tell you how fast you ran and how high you jumped.
Epic shoes were epic.

Oh my god, I had those shoes, too! I thought I was the shit, as no one else in my school had them.
But, as far as things I believed:
Movie trailers used to scare the fuck out of me.
Claymation characters actually moved.
After I learned otherwise, I attempted to make a claymation film with the family polaroid.
I could join a pro football team at 3.
The secret to every shred solo ever was the trill (I listened to rock at an early age).
I also vaguely remember thinking that whenever you died, you shrunk, appeared on a leaf, and buzzsaw noises started blaring. Damn you, Fern Gully.
Edit: Remember those Rescue Heroes toys? I though that having them actually enabled me to rescue people from precarious situations.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believed as a child that I could combine 2 words into 1 and get the same effect as saying both words individually.

I called fire trucks "fucks" for two years. No joke.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
mac081793  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Ferngully

Weird. Just yesterday, I was singing, "Toxic Love" and my friend was like "Omg..Are you singing that song from that one movie?"
I was like, "Um...ya mean Ferngully"

And we just laughed and talked about the movie. Yes, I liked the movie.
GuitarHeroFaLife  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo wrote:
I don't remember ever thinking anything that would be found ridiculous now.
I was just mesmerized by model trains.

Holy shit me too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only One I can remember right now is if you watched the sun rise, it would grab you and pull you into it.

Shoulder to the Plow XBass Failure stats (yes I'm keeping track <_<)
Outro FCs while missing during the Solo: 2
Outro Chokes: 15
Other various misses: ~50

Currently At: 80/84 RB2 XBass FCs
Rickles  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were trapped in davy jones' locker, you had to flip the ship upside down and a green light would flash... Wait never mind that's Pirates of the Caribbean three.

Seriously, I asked my sister why airwalk shoes were called airwalks, and she said because the make you feel like you are walking on air. Now, i really wanted to fly as a kid. I Still remember checking out Goosebumps #52: "The Boy who could fly" from the school library every chance i got.

I NEEDED Airwalk shoes more then water. I'm still disappointed. They felt like shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember many things that I thought when I was little. Obviously I believed in Santa and stuff like that though.
Sax  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
*ferngully*

OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT THE TITLE OF THAT MOVIE WAS FOR YEARS.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little brother actually reasoned that if Blue could skadoo, we can too. Several broken picture frames and stitches later, he had learned a valuable lesson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: omnomnomSH
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: