ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock Band: New game announced from Harmonix
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Rock Band: New game announced from Harmonix Reply with quote

Links:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-04-01-rock-band_N.htm

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/simulation/harmonix_take_to_the_next-gen_stage_with_ea!
DDRJPH  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: old topic link removed, to ensure there's only ONE thread for this. thanks, {}

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/777/777533p1.html

Discuss

First off, you just have to LOVE the timing of this announcement. Coming right before GH2's official launch. Master tracks are a really big deal, IMO anyways, and have MTV as a partner I'm sure will only make it that much easier to secure labels, and bands suport. This may be the earliest that I have ever actually put something down on a Christmas list.

No real point in speculating, but i must ask, seeing that the links all mention drums, bass, and guitars, as well as a mic, one has to wonder how this will be released. I'd go for an all in one, but with GH2 going for 99.99 in Canada, I shudder at the thought of the price tag on this beast.

This could very well be a GH killer... Just have to wait and see
backinblack167  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds awesome. This is actually what I expected them to end up doing with GH.
Raptor  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, nothing could be a guitar hero killer; it's just a different format.
riyunoa  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has singing...

But if the online play and everything manages to come together without being too expensive, it'll be awesome!!
rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little put off by the idea of this game. I mean, once you have gathered to the people to all play this game well, why don't you just make your own band? One of the hardest parts of a band is getting the right people anyways.

Also, part of the appeal of GH to me is that it's NOT with a band - I can play it alone on my own time. (I already play in 3 bands at the moment, I don't need a fourth.) I'm sure they will include a single player portion so I will enjoy it, but it's almost a little too much in my mind.

And... No Wii? Now that's just sad.

edit: just read a second article which explains the online play... Okay, I buy it. That makes it a little more reasonable. But still, no Wii support?
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going go to ahead and be the first nay-sayer. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. I don't want to only be able to play when I have 3 friends with me, or go online and dig up 3 scrubs to play with me... I just want to play. Co-op is a great option in GH, but if GH was only co-op it would fail miserably... becasue most people just want to plug it in and play. Requiring 4 people to make a band would suck... I don't see this game selling to more than a handful of the hardcores.

Just give us more Guitar Hero!

rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
I'm going go to ahead and be the first nay-sayer. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. I don't want to only be able to play when I have 3 friends with me, or go online and dig up 3 scrubs to play with me... I just want to play. Co-op is a great option in GH, but if GH was only co-op it would fail miserably... becasue most people just want to plug it in and play. Requiring 4 people to make a band would suck... I don't see this game selling to more than a handful of the hardcores.

Just give us more Guitar Hero!

Eh, you should have read what I wrote before claiming to be the first nay-sayer.

Plus, I highly doubt that they will force you to play with others the entire time. They can easily put all the other tracks on auto play, no?
Ericular  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand at some point you need to move forward in consoles... but dropping PS2 support shrinks the target market quite a bit, doesn't it? Something like this would technically be possible on PS2 with its USB ports, wouldn't it? Or is the horsepower getting to be too little with an older console like this?

Anyway, I hope this line doesn't kill off further GH releases... they could definitely co-exist. Unless Rock Band had a "guitar-only" career mode, etc.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augh, god. They're fucking ruining Guitar Hero.

Come out with Guitar Hero 3 already. I agree with eachann.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got dibbs on DMA as my singer. YYZ Falsetto got me hooked =)
rkcr  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More updates - official site can be found here: http://www.rockbandgame.com

edit: Site is slooow, if you want to skip the (dumb) intro then go here: http://www.rockbandgame.com/index.php
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like some are failing to realize that this has nothing to do with Guitar Hero besides the fact that it will be in direct competition with it. How is this ruining Guitar Hero? Harmonix and EA and MTV have nothing to do with Guitar Hero, if anyone ruins it, it will be Neversoft and a John Tam-less RedOctane.

In regards to Rock Band, requiring at least 4 people to play the game would be commercial suicide, there is no way they would do that. Besides, where in any of the articles does it say that it requires 4 people to play? Could be a very cool game, if anyone can do it, Harmonix can. Though, I would hate to have to try and sing any song like the Lamb of God track...

Dropping the PS2 was probably not their decision by the way. They probably didn't want to have to develop it for the PS2 anyway (kind of deflates the online plans don't ya think?), but chances are Sony woluldn't have let them anyway.
BAD  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview with Harmonix about Rock Band: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168398.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I thought this was a late April Fool's joke, but maybe not. 4 peripherals, 2 guitars, 1 drum, 1 mic? That's a lot of money. I bet finding good singers to max out scores will be hard, I mean how many people are going to want to sing a song 10x in a row to FC it? I'll stick with GH3 for now, mostly because I don't have a 360 or PS3.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD wrote:
Interview with Harmonix about Rock Band: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168398.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I thought this was a late April Fool's joke, but maybe not. 4 peripherals, 2 guitars, 1 drum, 1 mic? That's a lot of money. I bet finding good singers to max out scores will be hard, I mean how many people are going to want to sing a song 10x in a row to FC it? I'll stick with GH3 for now, mostly because I don't have a 360 or PS3.

Hate to break it to you, but unless you have a next gen system, you probably aren't going to be playing GH3 (unless it was announced for PS2 and I just missed it).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: