ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Confused about GH: Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mskrib02 wrote:
i thought that strumming was a LOT harder at first as well, but for me, it just took some getting used to, but it is a noticeable difference.

It is faster than it looks regardless of hyperspeed, just strum fast even if it doesn't look that fast, than slow down when it starts disappearing in front of you.

Quote:
For some reason unless you're spot on with strumming, War Ensemble is damn near impossible, it was the only song I failed because of that bullshit which is funny because I had no problem with FFwF

I also failed WE on sightread, on the second stream of strumming, which I don't understand because that means I had to miss almost every note. 4% sightread FTL.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: See my latest post

Last edited by ShadowDude27 on Fri May 22, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed notes on my sightread of Mother Of Mercy because I was strumming too late, so I set video lag to 25ms and everything works fine now.

Exposition, you're a great squeezer. Why do you post so rarely in the forums?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Exposition  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i adjusted my audio lag to 73 lol believe it or not and it is 100% better not sure why, i'm conviced its my guitar for random strum misses, i'm blaming my guitar for not being able to fc one song on ghm lol. something is definately not right cuz i'm not that horrible at GH. i've been slackin on the forums btw lol, i'll try to post more, thanks for the compliment Fil your fuckin amazing at this game.
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Exposition wrote:
First of all, activition did a great job on fixing the purple notes, and the regular hammeron's seem like they have a GHIII engine style

So can anyone confirm that the timing window is similar to GH3?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me, the hammerons in metallica seem maybe slightly tighter than gh3 hammerons, but the notes you have to strum have a MUCH tighter window for some reason
Exposition  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, some knew news, the ps3 les pauls are garbage. wait, thats no knew news is it lol. but let me get a little serious on ya, i found out a way that you can fix the internal unfixable lag from the ps3 les paul, it worked great for me anyway. this probably wont be much help to ps3 owners because most of them probably dont have a wii. anyway, i've always loved my wii les paul, never had any problems with it other than loose neck, but a tight rubber band and a thin piece of paper wedged inbetween the neck and body of guitar fixes this, but for the ps3 les paul this is not the case. sooo, what i did was, cut the circuit board of the fretboard out of my wii les paul leaving enough wire all the way down the end of the neck (this wii guitar is an extra one that i had and never used). this circuit board with the fretboard attached from the wii les paul will be transplanted into the ps3 les paul. next, i totally removed the springy connector thingy from the ps3 les paul on both sides, the body and the neck, the neck being the small circle conductors that the springy needle things from the body connect to, wow that sounds confusing but i think you'll understand it. there are six wires that need to be fused together, in doing this, it pretty much makes the guitar like an sg because in a sense it becomes non-detatchable, u can detach it because thats the way the guitar is made, but you would rip all the wires apart that are saudered. after i did this, i got my first fc EVER in gh:m, on no leaf clover the first time i played it, and on average i was able to beat my high scores by 50k. after a while of playing i noticed some drop holds and dropped notes, but this was because i only used a lighter to fuse the wires together, i didnt want to go through all the trouble to buy a saudering gun if this shit wasn't going to work, it was basically temporary to see if it was even possible. but anyway, yea after i did this my ps3 les paul was like a different guitar.
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
Exposition wrote:
First of all, activition did a great job on fixing the purple notes, and the regular hammeron's seem like they have a GHIII engine style

The timing window is kind of like GHIII in reverse, I. E. Huge back end with a more limited front end.

As for strumming, I dunno, when I do something like War Ensemble or Sanitarium I can strum WAY the Hell ahead of the beat and not overstrum, but for All Nightmare Long, and Whiplash, it seems like I can't be ahead at all or I miss. Also, gallops got a LOT harder IMO, it took me at least 4 tries to 5-star My Apocalypse and that's not exactly a hard song.

Also, can anyone explain exactly what a "strum limit" is? I've heard that referenced a lot, but I'm not quite sure what it means.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:
Also, can anyone explain exactly what a "strum limit" is? I've heard that referenced a lot, but I'm not quite sure what it means.

It's in Harmonix games only. It is estimated that if you strum faster than 14,5 NPS (I believe), some of your strums won't register. At least if your game is NTSC. IIRC, Strike estimated the PAL strum limit at 24 NPS. How'd he strum that fast?? O_O

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Adohu  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

ShadowDude27 wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:
Exposition wrote:

The timing window is kind of like GHIII in reverse, I. E. Huge back end with a more limited front end.

I'm pretty sure someone in a different thread stated that GH:M's HO/PO notes' timing windows don't get smaller when notes are closer to each other, unlike GH:WT (which would also explain why purple notes seem "broken"). Although, in GH:M's strumming section, it seems like the timing windows DO get smaller when notes are closer to each other (I'm pretty sure the strumming thing was confirmed on here by a Neversoft employee).

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
ShadowDude27 wrote:

It's in Harmonix games only. It is estimated that if you strum faster than 14,5 NPS (I believe), some of your strums won't register. At least if your game is NTSC. IIRC, Strike estimated the PAL strum limit at 24 NPS. How'd he strum that fast?? O_O

I'm pretty sure RB strumming gets messed up around 16 NPS (I can hit almost all of the outro strumming in My Last Words which is 14.8 NPS, but not the bridge, which is 16.4). The thing is, if you strum faster than 16 NPS with just a few quick strums, some won't register. So you basically have to be like a robot and strum pretty much at a constant rate and not fluctuate at all if you want to hit any strumming sections 14 - 16 NPS...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
I'm pretty sure someone in a different thread stated that GH:M's HO/PO notes' timing windows don't get smaller when notes are closer to each other, unlike GH:WT (which would also explain why purple notes seem "broken").

If you're talking about this post, thank you, I knew someone could explain it in better words. If not, well, sorry.....

Adohu wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
ShadowDude27 wrote:

I'm pretty sure RB strumming gets messed up around 16 NPS (I can hit almost all of the outro strumming in My Last Words which is 14.8 NPS, but not the bridge, which is 16.4). The thing is, if you strum faster than 16 NPS with just a few quick strums, some won't register. So you basically have to be like a robot and strum pretty much at a constant rate and not fluctuate at all if you want to hit any strumming sections 14 - 16 NPS...

14,5 actually makes sense since you can abuse it a bit to hit the 14,8 NPS part, but it's clearly harder at 16,4 NPS.

sedron  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Adohu wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:
ShadowDude27 wrote:

14,5 actually makes sense since you can abuse it a bit to hit the 14,8 NPS part, but it's clearly harder at 16,4 NPS.

Just to clear something up, the strum limit exists in non-Harmonix games too. It's just too high to really be noticed in other games.
Adohu  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused about GH: Metallica Reply with quote

sedron wrote:
Just to clear something up, the strum limit exists in non-Harmonix games too. It's just too high to really be noticed in other games.

I know that there is a limit in both GH2 PS2 and GH2 360 (I'm assuming GH1 also, considering all of the HMX games so far have contained a strum limit), but is there any proof anywhere that shows there is a strum limit for the Neversoft-developed games? I know that the games crash after a certain speed (as in, really fucking Uber Song fast), but I've never seen it proven that notes stop registering after a certain speed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
eddyf  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exposition wrote:
ok so i finally have played this game enough to get a really good feel for it. i know now some of the notes i miss have to be because of my guitar, which is a ps3 les paul piece of $20 shit. I've experimented with the timing window and realized that i can it a note quite early and late, similar to gh3. But theres one thing that i've noticed thats been mindnumbingly annoying, and its when i downstrum. When i play a song i alt strum most of it, but when i switch to downstrumming (say for star power notes for whammying), i get ridiculous random misses when i know for a fact that i'm right on the money for hitting the note, but it still misses. I don't know if the ps3 les pauls are faulty or what, but they have to be to some extent, like some sort of unfixable lag. I'm going to buy a TAC adapter for my ps2 SG which should solve the problem. I haven't really been able to find alot of reviews abou the ps3 les pauls, anyone have any input?

My WT guitar has been having similar problems to this. I even made a custom song that was just 400 green notes in a row at like 2 NPS or something, and I ended up getting 100% with 4 overstrums. So I know it was counting extra strums about 1% of the time. The question is, is it a problem with my controller, or with the game engine? I'll have to try using the controller in WT or GH3, and seeing if I experience similar problems.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
Exposition  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just saying that a large percentage of ps3 les pauls are faulty, if not all of them. As far as the fast strumming parts in the game, i cant keep a very long combo before overstrumming, when i know i'm on point because im strumming exactly to the beat of the song, but still miss. it almost feels to me that there is some sort of fast strum lag or build up so that there is always an automatic miss, lol that sounds retarded, but i dont know how else to explain it. my ps3 les paul is much better after i transplanted a piece from my wii les paul into it, and cut out the neck and body connectors. could be a calibration issue, but it also seems that no matter what i try it doesnt work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: