Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Brüno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheJackpotter  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Brüno Reply with quote

I wonder what would Borat ask to Brüno if he interviewed him:
Borat: So what do you prefer?
Brüno: Ich prefer cocks!
Borat: ...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: PipoAlex975 PSN Name: TheJackpotter
Shaph  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back form seeing it. It was exactly as I suspected it would be: I laughed a lot (especially the ending) and will refrain from seeing it again for a long time. It did feel as though a lot of people were in on the jokes and hamming it up as well; however, a lot of the comedy is simply the situations Cohen puts himself in, so it's not like it ruins it.

Overall, if you liked Borat you'll like Bruno. It's in essence the same style of humor but the content has changed.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine wrote:
muna wrote:
This got a 69 out of 100 on Rotten Tomatoes (which averages all the big name review companies' reviews together) so I am not looking as forward to it as I originally did. It seems like one of those movies that they make they take the only funny parts and cram all of them into the 30 second commercial that we have all seen so many times.

Umm... I'm not sure if you know exactly how Rotten Tomatoes works, but a 69% Fresh rating is very good especially for a mainstream comedy on RT. Most comedies, other than the recent splurge of Apatow/Rogen/Rudd movies, get between 30 and 50 with people saying the humor is too childish or it just isn't funny. A 69% fresh is a fine score especially for something that apparently nobody here found funny.

Yeah, 69% is a superb score for any comedy on Rotten Tomatoes, and it's still a good score for any other genre. In any case, sometimes Rotten Tomatoes gets it wrong. "Only" 73% for V For Vendetta??! That movie was AWESOME!

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw some clips from it on a TV at a restaurant. I thought the clips were pretty funny, but then again, they usually do pick the funniest stuff to advertise with...
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

Last edited by laupow17 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Carungi  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:

You probably should have seen this one coming. >_> This is Sasha Baron Cohen's (sp?) type of humor. In case you didn't notice, Borat was this, what would make you think that Bruno wouldn't? You could pretty much tell that the movie was going to be shock humor from the commercials, so I really don't know what your complaining about.

But the thing is, I LOVED BORAT! I thought it was absolutely hysterical, yet this movie has lost that touch with me. The commercials seemed to capture that Borat spark (hence, why I saw it at midnight), but I don't know. It just didn't click with me. This movie just seemed...forced? Like he was trying to hard to be funny and resorted to these unbelievable situations.

Maybe it was the accent? ¯\(°_o)/¯
Chillywillyjuice  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to see a movie if you don't have high expectations. Why would I go see a movie if I think it's going to be bad?

Obviously a lot of people who saw Bruno also saw Borat, and while they are very similar movies, the humor in them is pretty different. Bruno was just way too over the top in many parts. The first time he exposes himself I laughed. But by the third and fourth gay sex / naked scenes, it starts getting a little ridiculous. They resorted a lot more towards shock value humor like others have been saying.

I am not one of the people who hates Sacha Baron Cohen. I absolutely loved Borat and find Da Ali G show to be fairly funny, but I thought Bruno was ridiculous. Sure, I found myself laughing out loud at many parts throughout the movie, but overall it was just dumb.

stealthamo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chillywillyjuice wrote:
There's no reason to see a movie if you don't have high expectations. Why would I go see a movie if I think it's going to be bad?

I've watched some movies just to see how bad they are. Well, not in theaters, but if they're on TV I do.

Anyway, I'm staying far away from this movie. Whereas I found Borat funny, I saw previews for this and knew that I wouldn't like it. Just looking at commercials, it looks like shock value, plain and simple. That works for awhile, but eventually, it isn't funny anymore.
STFU, IBIATCL, AYGGMW ZWDC(C), YGSY aside, prove the TOAHIAPH/EIFL model is still GHWT-RB2 AOK for NSFT/HMX IMHO IHMFLY LTMDTT POTUS HIV IDK my BFF jill
BRB AFK
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: stealthamo Wii Friend Code: 356602567334
Ajs  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'll say it. Bruno was one of the funniest movies I've seen in my life.

I know I'm not like most people here. I absolutely LOVE shock humor, and that's what this movie was. There were some parts I couldn't believe were making it onto the big screen, and that made them even better. Some scenes were so horribly offensive, and that's exactly what this movie is supposed to be. If you like shock humor, you'll probably find this a very enjoyable movie.
dogfb  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stomach hurt after from laughing so hard. My whole theatre was going crazy I could barely here some parts because people wouldn't stop laughing.

"Bradolf Pittler"
DanSoup  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it certainly has the shock value, and it's the only film I've seen in a LONG time where the other cinema goers were laughing their heads off. Sure, you could look closely at it and examine it, but when you see it for the first time, it leaves you like this.

O_O

Also, if you are even SLIGHTLY homophobic, don't see this film.

Also, the finale is amazing.

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:

You probably should have seen this one coming. >_> This is Sasha Baron Cohen's (sp?) type of humor. In case you didn't notice, Borat was this, what would make you think that Bruno wouldn't? You could pretty much tell that the movie was going to be shock humor from the commercials, so I really don't know what your complaining about.

But the thing is, I LOVED BORAT! I thought it was absolutely hysterical, yet this movie has lost that touch with me. The commercials seemed to capture that Borat spark (hence, why I saw it at midnight), but I don't know. It just didn't click with me. This movie just seemed...forced? Like he was trying to hard to be funny and resorted to these unbelievable situations.

Maybe it was the accent? ¯\(°_o)/¯

¯\(°_o)/¯

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it

Loved it

Laughed my ass off, although I did think it started running out of steam about 3/4 of the way in, but I don't think it went for more than 5 minutes without flooring me with something. I went to see it with the spouse, and a colleague/friend of mine.

The gay humor was really over the top - I don't think it could have worked otherwise - whatever the case may be, I lol'd throughout.

The funniest scene to me, in the WHOLE movie, was where he goes hunting with the three rednecks, and makes some statement about the stars - I won't spoil it, but just the extended silence had me killing myself laughing.

Also "I couldn't even verstrumpf Rue Paul" - lolzerz

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, it's just as good as Borat - it's the same style of movie, so don't go looking for something fresh and original - however, I enjoyed Borat enough that a "sequel" was definitely up my alley ("not yet" :P)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Wyatt965  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it today. Most hilarious movie I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
Like others said, the theater was going crazy. That ending was priceless. I thought Straight Dave was real at first. One thing i noticed was that it had like, EXACTLY the same plotline as Borat.

They must move to America.
They explore tring to achieve their goals.
Friend Leaves.
Goes at it alone.
Friend Reunites.
Phin.

I would say I laughed hardest at the Swingers partyy, the ending, them running intothe god hates fags people chained together ( the theater laughed hardest at that) or the scene with diesel.

"I WILL BE THE MOST FAMOUS AUSTRIAN SINCE HITLER!"
[08:17pm] [12:54] <Angels2002> lol luk at me spin dis black circle around
[12:54] <Angels2002> hip hop!
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd pretty damn hard at a lot of parts, but the only thing was it was WAY too gay for my taste. The Hitler stuff made me lol hard though.

Overall, if you liked Borat you will probably like this, but the only thing is all of the cocks throughout, that bugged me a little bit.

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadhead15 wrote:
I lol'd pretty damn hard at a lot of parts, but the only thing was it was WAY too gay for my taste. The Hitler stuff made me lol hard though.

Overall, if you liked Borat you will probably like this, but the only thing is all of the cocks throughout, that bugged me a little bit.

I absolutely loved GH:M. Except for all the Metallica.

<.<

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie was hilarious, although it was very graphic, i didn't mind so much but it became too much for some guys during the movie and some even started walking out. So it's worth going to see, but DO NOT watch it with your family, it'll be very awkward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: