ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fast Double Bass 'Problems'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Variix  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Fast Double Bass 'Problems' Reply with quote

SO! I'm an Expert+ drummer and Play Heel up most of the time,
but the problem is that I can keep about 6 seconds of solid double bass
notes at a considerable pace, (Beast and the Harlot, Battery Ending/Outro etc.)but after that I end up double hitting ,
meaning both my feet hit at the same time instead of RLRL and then event
ually get back into RLRL, but any tips for 'Anti-Double Hitting' If thats what you'd call it ?

Thanks,
Lew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, your saying that whilst in a fast bass pattern u manage to play both feet together? imo that wud be harder than getting the required speed rofl. i guess the logical response would be just keep playing and you will get more consistant and your legs will get stronger

maybe when your not doing much, ie browsing scorehero, just let your legs fall into a double bass pattern and just keep at it until your pro

Tshoes  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muckytears wrote:
maybe when your not doing much, ie browsing scorehero, just let your legs fall into a double bass pattern and just keep at it until your pro

This should help you out a lot and if your having trouble you can do a roll at the same time will your hands that should force your feet to alternate for every hit.
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muckytears wrote:
wait, your saying that whilst in a fast bass pattern u manage to play both feet together? imo that wud be harder than getting the required speed rofl.

Not really, it just means one of your feet is stronger/faster than the other. I suggest finding the fastest speed where you can make sure your feet are landing at opposite times, and working up from there.
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was also my problem when I first started playing drums double bass style. The problem for me was my left leg was pretty undeveloped, as in it couldn't play as fast or as accurately as my right leg. I'd suggest trying regular songs with your left leg only to build coordination, and then try alternating between both legs.
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApocalypseDao wrote:
This was also my problem when I first started playing drums double bass style. The problem for me was my left leg was pretty undeveloped, as in it couldn't play as fast or as accurately as my right leg. I'd suggest trying regular songs with your left leg only to build coordination, and then try alternating between both legs.

lol i forgot about this. when your playing expert just remove your right foot pedal and play with yur left foot. if you want to train your left arm at the same time switch to lefty =p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: