ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is it just me or are GH4 and 5 horrid.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I haven't played GH5"

"GH5 sucks"

I stopped reading RIGHT there.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how CM and Thrasher are brought up

where Thrasher couldn't be FCd easily because of the strumming engine
and Constant Motion couldn't be FCd because (opinions galore yay) Solo D charted Petrucci's effects pedal and in general was a terrible decision.

What were the last songs to be FCd on RB2 on disc again? Oh yeah Strumming songs.

What was the last song to be FCd on recent guitar hero's- one's with Slider Notes.

Those two things are the only thing that halts the Scorehero FC train- and even so it's only a matter of time. Look at something like War Ensemble on Expert+ IT HASN'T BEEN 5*d yet (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Face it you guys are too good at Guitar now- nothing will really satisfy you. Maybe GH6 will bring in Michael Angelo Batio or something and you'll all complain about how it isn't charted properly and sightread 5* and say it's not challenging enough.

Man I really shouldn't talk about this stuff but I am seriously beginning to hate every single post that begins with "Guitar Hero has really gone downhill since GH3"

Play the drums- it's more fun than guitar and with party play/no fail you don't even have to be good!

*has WT hate Deja Vu*

Last edited by toymachine on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
sean2490  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:

Well, for one my arguement holds as much ground as yours does because they're both fairly poor to hold as a standard for most people as they are more individualized and we can each have different strengths and weaknesses.

Also I was talking about beating the song whereas you were talking about FCing the song; two different things that aren't necessarily mutually exclusive but in this instance are considerably different.

Well, in terms of challenge I get from these songs, the Bodom one really doesn't stack up. So for me, I'm really not getting much in the way of difficulty from GH5.

Exports/everythingelse sort of makes up for it, though. And I anxiously anticipate an arduous accost as DLC.

Edit:

At toymachine:

Dip briefly into the world of custom songs and you'll see just how many challenging songs there are.

I'm mainly talking about different independent guitarists here. While they're not in great quantity, there is still the odd song that phenom couldn't fc (/terrible overused reference)

Last edited by sean2490 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sean2490
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
I like how CM and Thrasher are brought up

where Thrasher couldn't be FCd easily because of the strumming engine
and Constant Motion couldn't be FCd because (opinions galore yay) Solo D charted Petrucci's effects pedal and in general was a terrible decision.

What were the last songs to be FCd on RB2 on disc again? Oh yeah Strumming songs.

What was the last song to be FCd on recent guitar hero's- one's with Slider Notes.

Face it you guys are too good at Guitar now- nothing will really satisfy you. Maybe GH6 will bring in Michael Angelo Batio or something and you'll all complain about how it isn't charted properly and sightread 5* and say it's not challenging enough.

Man I really shouldn't talk about this stuff but I am seriously beginning to hate every single post that begins with "Guitar Hero has really gone downhill since GH3"

Play the drums- it's more fun than guitar and with party play/no fail you don't even have to be good!

As much as I will tell people there aren't many fun songs on GH5 all-around, I play it a lot nowadayss because it's just great for replay value (damn diamond challenges) and parties (although I do believe RB is better for band play overall).

@ Sean: Now, I don't find the Bodom song that hard, but at first I had a hard time, but that's probably just me. I'm way better at insane hammer-ons (scatterbrain) and ziz-zagy stuff (the spirit of Radio) than I am at fast chords (the beginning is the only part I found challenging in DWE, DFN).

But, if one wants to group all those as hard songs though there still isn't much.

But, if TTFAF-hard isn't the only thing someone finds as a reason to play GH, then there's tons of shit to play if you have exports or even just money for DLC. Beyond that, after playing through the career and playing for hours everyday I'm just starting to fool around with the music studio and I'm making 9 and ten minute long songs that are a blast to play. Just make a few of those and play them some and you'll have at least another hour or two more of play time.

In regards to making impossible songs in the studio it's hard now because Guitar doesn't register all the notes you hit when you're creating a song. But one can still just make a song out of whatever they find the most fun and play that.

Sorry that was long.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"

Last edited by CyberRaiza on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how people are saying "I wish GH5 were hard like GH3!" when both games have the same number of hard songs imo. sure ttfaf is harder than scatterbrain. but imo scatterbrain, schizoid, and dwe,dfn are all harder than raining blood, twie, one, and CoP. (not to FC mind you but to get a high score/percent on)

k
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:

At toymachine:

Dip briefly into the world of custom songs and you'll see just how many challenging songs there are.

I'm mainly talking about different independent guitarists here. While they're not in great quantity, there is still the odd song that phenom couldn't fc (/terrible overused reference)

Of course there is- I've seen all the customs

Speed Metal Symphony
Isoceles
Black Widow of La Porte
Speed Metal Messiah
Necrophagist hand pain
Batio-Wankery #31232
Buckethead awesomeness

All those songs that I'd love to play in GH5 etc.

Maybe one day we'll get them after all

look how far we've come

Last edited by toymachine on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
sean2490  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
sean2490 wrote:

At toymachine:

Of course there is- I've seen all the customs

Speed Metal Symphony
Isoceles
Black Widow of La Porte
Speed Metal Messiah
<insert>
Batio-Wankery #31232
Buckethead awesomeness

All those songs that I'd love to play in GH5 etc.

Maybe one day we'll get them after all

look how far we've come

At risk of accidentally the whole thing, I'm going to promote myself again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFf0g4M21Rg

Seriously, this blows everything out of the water that we've ever seen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinion:

It sounds like shit though

you might as well chart that pattern in the music studio and Activision can save the $500 they'd have toss him for that wankery

hehehe

much rather see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-NMnYhM3Q

That's why dragonforce I guess is so perfect for GH it balances on the line of sounding like total wankery while still having melodic elements.

Last edited by toymachine on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

you might as well chart that pattern in the music studio and Activision can save the $500 they'd have toss him for that wankery

hehehe

much rather see this

Isn't this becoming a bit off-topic?

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
sean2490  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

hehehe

much rather see this

Agreed.

It's not THAT bad though, it's got some cool piano work etc.

Much rather see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhuVG4XmrM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not really off topic because if the future of guitar hero needs to be difficult songs on guitar it would be nice if people realized they should sound good and not like a dying turkey.

I'm done with the matter though- if people honestly think this game sucks because it doesn't have as many hard songs as GH3 (which imo it had 3 on disc) then so be it. To each their own.

Last edited by toymachine on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Look at something like War Ensemble on Expert+ IT HASN'T BEEN 5*d yet (correct me if I'm wrong please).

here

Quote:

Which I think it's hysterical that GH3 is retroactively getting all this praise now considering for a whole year on this damn forum you couldn't browse without tripping over the word overcharted and hearing how awesome GH2 is (which it is, but yeah).

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what happened was, all of the people who hated GH3 have locked themselves to the RB Scorehero side, and ignore GH Scorehero all together.

The people complaining about GH5 are the people who started playing when GH3 came out.

And for people like me that love both Rock Band and Guitar Hero, we're caught in the middle. Told by others that we are somehow not allowed to enjoy two games, rather than just one.

Last edited by Hafkie on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="toymachine"]Maybe GH6 will bring in Michael Angelo Batio [quote]

if this happens or anything even along the lines of "impossible," ill take a foot long stick, shove it up my ass, and walk for a mile and not scream agony once.

basically, this will never ever happen. neversoft (or whoever makes these games nowadays...) doesnt give 2 shits about the over-the-top difficult songs. they care about the n00bs and people who arent competitive like us because they can EASILY draw a bigger audience just by having songs like song 2 or eye of the tiger, or any of the really popular songs.

to put an end to this rant, Band Hero is coming out soon. it contains alot of those popular and easy songs. i can see band hero being a success and evenutally coming out with BH2 and BH3 etc. So since Band Hero takes the popular easy songs, can we just get our friken ZOMGDIFFICULT songs? just for one game with ZOMGDIFFICULT DLC once in a while? no one is ever going to shutup until this happens, including me.

(answer to the above question is no, cause it will never happen as ive stated )

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: