ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 totally different for ps2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venim619  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (maybe) good news is that if you buy a PS3, it might last as long as the PS2 did. Meaning that you would get beyond your moneys worth out of just one console. It's wishful thinking, but it is a possibility.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone like, get some screenshots and videos of the PS2 version in action? I want to see exactly why it's so bad, how the interface and graphics are, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shift, pretty much to sum up what's wrong with this game (and then some proof from videos):

No Music Studio, whatsoever. I know we can't share the songs, but it's still fun to create a custom and try to FC it.

No Challenges.

Almost the same engine as SH (the graphics changes like changed score meter and starpower activation are non-existent, and I'm convinced vocals is scored on the SH engine for PS2- that's why I'm 1st on Gratitude and Bring the Noise)

I haven't checked out party play yet, but I've heard that you can only play it with either two bassists and guitarists but not any combination you'd like.

Here's my youtube channel, I've got a good few videos of GH5 on the PS2:

http://www.youtube.com/Adventurejimbob
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventurejimbob wrote:
Shift, pretty much to sum up what's wrong with this game (and then some proof from videos):

No Music Studio, whatsoever. I know we can't share the songs, but it's still fun to create a custom and try to FC it.

No Challenges.

Almost the same engine as SH (the graphics changes like changed score meter and starpower activation are non-existent, and I'm convinced vocals is scored on the SH engine for PS2- that's why I'm 1st on Gratitude and Bring the Noise)

I haven't checked out party play yet, but I've heard that you can only play it with either two bassists and guitarists but not any combination you'd like.

Here's my youtube channel, I've got a good few videos of GH5 on the PS2:

http://www.youtube.com/Adventurejimbob

I... I.... I....
*Hugs Wii*

This is the moment where all next-gen users come together, hold hands, and, while my guitar gently weeps, prepares to wish the PS2 on to the Sony Spirit in the Sky.

Really, I have a PS2, and I still love it. (And I want that fireball...), but this really almost makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
RobinSahlen  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried connecting 3 guitars with my Multi-Tap to my PlayStation 2 and it didn't work.

Oh well, I still got my Wii and Xbox 360. :P
Megashot  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:

I... I.... I....
*Hugs Wii*

This is the moment where all next-gen users come together, hold hands, and, while my guitar gently weeps, prepares to wish the PS2 on to the Sony Spirit in the Sky.

Really, I have a PS2, and I still love it. (And I want that fireball...), but this really almost makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

Once you realize that the PS2 version is the cheapest out of the bunch ($40) then the exclusion of these features aren't that surprising. Also, anyone who visited the official GH5 website and checked out the features of the game, there was an asterisk with a very clear note that "not all features are available on the Playstation 2 computer entertainment system." (to paraphrase it)

Now, to avoid confusion, retailers like Gamestop for example should have put this notice on here, or Activison should have made a separate press release detailing exactly what features the PS2 version has instead of just letting online retailers use the standard one (which describes about online features, etc. that are only in the Xbox 360/PS3 versions.). This would in turn lead to less threads about the missing features since the buyer would know what they were getting in the first place. The Smash Hits and Metallica press releases on features clearly noted that "GH Tunes SM is only available on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii", so I don't know why they excluded such a notice on the GH5 press release on features.

For the extra $20, you can get all these features on the Xbox 360. For only $40, being able to play every song is still awesome on the PS2. If your money is tight, the PS2 isn't a bad version to get, and plus, you can use the awesome SG controller .

ShiftBreaker wrote:

Could anyone like, get some screenshots and videos of the PS2 version in action? I want to see exactly why it's so bad, how the interface and graphics are, etc.

It's not really that bad, to be honest. The graphics are much improved over Smash Hits and World Tour on the PS2 (especially the characters) and the career progression/unlocks is handled like GH Metallica (in that you have to earn a certain amount of stars to unlock the next venue/unlock characters). I'll try to take some pictures over the weekend, or you can check out those videos on Youtube, lol.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: