ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone Here Play An Orchestral Instrument?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyler4  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently I'm excelling at the baritone saxophone. After only playing it for 1 quarter, my band teacher is recommending me for symphonic band and suggesting that I buy my own. Any suggestions on good cheap baritone saxophones?

Just pm me as much info as you can. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the tuba.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boyler4 wrote:
Well, apparently I'm excelling at the baritone saxophone. After only playing it for 1 quarter, my band teacher is recommending me for symphonic band and suggesting that I buy my own. Any suggestions on good cheap baritone saxophones?

Just saying, doesn't everyone make the symphonic band (B Band?)

As for myself, I have been playing clarinet a while and until our only two trombones left (one being llamayip) I I have been. Now I play Bass Clarinet to back up the like 20 person band.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Jayhero  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
boyler4 wrote:

As for myself, I have been playing clarinet a while and until our only two trombones left (one being llamayip) I I have been. Now I play Bass Clarinet to back up the like 20 person band.
^^^^ OMG OMG OMG THAT POST IS JAYHERO

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
GH1-26 ~ GH2-2 2 ~ GH80s-18 ~ GH3-\(0_o)/
The amazing customs songs I've made and charted...
youtube.com/w1mz11
boyler4  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
boyler4 wrote:

It's honors band for us. Concert band is our b band.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
I play the viola as well... not as much anymore though.

Same. I'd be kick-ass at viola by now, but I have a VERY inflexible left wrist which has kept me from practicing over the years due to pain. I'm alright, but I suck compared to how good I should be.

I''m good at the guitar though, so I'm happy
Clone  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tambourine!

Don't laugh, it's harder than it looks....

This. Wait..... ah crap.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: clone408 Wii Friend Code: 227770027589
sonicdude164  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now in my... 8th year of playing violin. I'm probably one of the worst in my orchestra but I'm at least decent I'd say.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sonicdude164 PSN Name: sonicdude164 Wii Friend Code: 2636125983192222
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the trumpet. At one point I could have auditioned for the NY All-State band, but my private teacher basically made me hate the instrument.

I should mention that I played the trumpet solely for jazz, and not really anything orchestral.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
I play the trumpet. At one point I could have auditioned for the NY All-State band, but my private teacher basically made me hate the instrument.

I should mention that I played the trumpet solely for jazz, and not really anything orchestral.

copy-cat---er... tails
Megabert  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play... Everything lol. I haven't learned strings, or flute yet, but other than that I can hold and play almost anything.

My best orchestral instrument is clarinet. I'm in my 7th year in band, and I'm playing college level music. Most of it is grade 5-6 music.

I also play percussion. I think I'm able to handle grade 5, but I know I can handle 4.

Next is trumpet. Just starting this. Only grade 1-2 here.

Then there's saxophone. Don't play it much, but if I could get an alto or soprano sax I could play grade 3 with ease.

Finally is guitar, but that's not very orchestral, is it?

GenericName  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the clarinet, and I'm pretty good... I guess... I don't really know how good I am, but I'm pretty sure that my tone is really awful compared to what it should sound like. As far as technical ability I'd say I can play grade 4 - 5 music? Maybe just 4, I'm not sure. Maybe just 3 - 4.I really just have the rest of my school to compare myself to, and there aren't any other good clarinet players in my school, so...I'm not sure how good I am.

AGwaG  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a cellist. I've only done it through school, grade 6-grade 12, but playing that long if you actually practice gets you decently far. Don't know how to give a measure of how good I am when I've never done like a Royal Conservatory of Music course or anything, I get mid 90s % in that class every year though if that's worth anything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

But really, I play percussion. Everything from the snare drum to the timpani to the traptz set.

For marching band/pep band, I play the bass drum.

I hate the bass drum.
DipstickSH  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir,I play the fiddle (or violin as some would call it) about my 10th playing and I'm actually attending Texas Tech university on an orchestra scholarship

Here is my violin in case you wanted to see it :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: