ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy XII!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayHL wrote:
lots of stuff about the invisible question

Just to clarify, I believe you meant to pummel them with Curaja, and not Curaga.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that, I died. Screwed up gambits or something. X_X

Anywho, I havent played for a while but I was wondering what everyone's favourite Hunts are? I asked this elsewhere and it seemes that [minor spoiler I guess] Gilgamesh [/end] is one of, if not the most fun hunt. I think any one with a Wyrm in it was pretty fun, and Carrot aswell (using the nihoapoaloaoa (minor spelling mistake I think :P) on it was sweet, sweet revenge).
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question:does anyone have any advice for fighting Tyrant im level 45 with vaan, 39 with balthier, 34 with basch, 35 with fran, 33 with ashe, and 35 with penelo and i got my ass handed to me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any1 tried a Power Walkthrough yet? i'm at lvl28 in the very beginning

Last edited by Masasume07 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Masasume07
Masasume07  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops double post =[
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Masasume07
Raften  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm I the only one here just can't find the will to go on with this game?

While the battling system is a breath of fresh air, I just got past the sunstone part and I'm screaming at penloem (sp?) to attack this hyena with me, I'll attack, and she'll just stand there until my attack bar is half full, then she'll attack.
The license system at first was great, but now, I don't know, since I have a feeling everyone on my team is just going to end up at the same place.
At the same time, I don't understand it, as I need that item and then get the license or vice versa or something? Gambits in general ar confusing me to no end also.

Though, I shouldn't be to rash. When I got VII, I was half way through the game before I understood materia's (I had all and I think shiva together, or an all sitting by itself). X I didnt understand the grid system till about the point where I got Rikku, as I was going back and forth and so, didn't click with me that I just move forward .

Hopefully I'll find some use for this, but, I'm the kinda guy that hates side-quests, so, this could be bad .

Collectors edition is also very cool, the history of FF was worth the $29.99 price I payed at gamestop (and new too!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raften wrote:

While the battling system is a breath of fresh air, I just got past the sunstone part and I'm screaming at penloem (sp?) to attack this hyena with me, I'll attack, and she'll just stand there until my attack bar is half full, then she'll attack.
The license system at first was great, but now, I don't know, since I have a feeling everyone on my team is just going to end up at the same place.
At the same time, I don't understand it, as I need that item and then get the license or vice versa or something? Gambits in general ar confusing me to no end also.

Though, I shouldn't be to rash. When I got VII, I was half way through the game before I understood materia's (I had all and I think shiva together, or an all sitting by itself). X I didnt understand the grid system till about the point where I got Rikku, as I was going back and forth and so, didn't click with me that I just move forward .

Hopefully I'll find some use for this, but, I'm the kinda guy that hates side-quests, so, this could be bad .

Collectors edition is also very cool, the history of FF was worth the $29.99 price I payed at gamestop (and new too!)

I know what the problem is here - The most basic attack gambit (which is all you get at the start) tells the character to attack the party leader's target. The catch is that it doesn't re-target a new enemy when the first one dies. That's why it seems to be waiting for you to attack - because it doesn't have a target. As soon as you choose the next enemy to attack, it will follow your lead.

And it's not a bug, it's just how the gambits work - EXACTLY as they say. Don't worry, your gambit options open up much more once the next two characters join your party, and Penelo doesn't stick around for long (not much of a spoiler, trust me...). And if things get rough during the sunstone part, don't forget that you can always control the actions of all your party members, even if they're using gambits.

Reading the rest of the post, you're absolutely correct about the license board - every character will eventually end up in the same place, something I don't much care for. But that would take a very long time, and inbetween, you can take the characters on different paths through the board to give them different abilities for the majority of the game. But ultimately, yes, they will all end up the same.
GuitarHero670  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the liscence board took me around 20 minutes just to fill up each characters licenses borads (not including Espers). They also named a spell Roxxor (ugh) i'm somewhere around where that child give you a unoffical bill I get really lost here.
MPXenon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone fought Yazmat or Hell Wyrm yet? I'm into my 9th hour against Yazmat, phase 18 i think....
jimmythekid  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always get bored with the main story....now im too strong for this game to be a challenge for me..im finally getting to eruyt and vaan, ashe, and fran are all level 65 last time i checked..with more than 2k lps at their disposal and kickass equipment for all
freakshowexcess  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPXenon wrote:
Anyone fought Yazmat or Hell Wyrm yet? I'm into my 9th hour against Yazmat, phase 18 i think....

Yea, I defeated Yiazmat. It's quite a pain, but I did it. I've pretty much done everything there is to do in the game. I have 170+ hours of game play, and I've done basically all the side quests. I just need to level everyone to 99 (my main party is already at lvl99), and I need to get some of the top weapons.

Anyway, good luck with defeating Yiazmat. The last 5 or so million HP is INSANE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/freakshowGH

Check out some of my music at www.myspace.com/mikeguyer
Raften  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still in the sewers at level 6 trying to meet the air pirate dude and Fran.

Trading the game in for Kingdom Hearts when I get the chance <_<

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raften wrote:

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I bought it the day it came out (er, end of February... 23rd I think), played it for a couple of days and got bored, picked it up a week later for a couple of hours and then got bored again.

I'm at the beginning of the Lhusu Mines bit and haven't played it at all for two or three months.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Nulien  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here... I'm at the part where the party leaves in the airship for the first time, and I haven't touched it since. It's a good game, I just... don't feel like playing it.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you're only a couple of minutes play behind me.

I might pick it up again now that I'm home for the summer and can shut myself away in my room to play it - does anyone else find they can't play FF games if there's anyone else around? There's literally only one person I can have in the room while I'm playing any FF game, and that's because he's just as big a fan as me so he won't mock it or keep asking stupid questions.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: