ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The universal drummer thread (pictures of kit encouraged!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiSmO213  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:

The "snares"? I did that, two pieces of stick tape on the resonant head.

in the resonant head or the snares?

I tried taping the snares but the sound is way too defined, I tried doing a buzz roll and is imposible. is there any other way of achieving this without choking my snares?
olle92  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:
olle92 wrote:
RiSmO213 wrote:
I have another problem now, when I hit my toms my snare starts rattling really bad. I tried tightening the snares but that just dries the sound of my snare

I don't think you'll get rid of that without the sound changing. You could try taping the (I don't know what it's called in english) thing that rattles to the bottom. It'll still sound different though.

The "snares"? I did that, two pieces of stick tape on the resonant head.

Yeah, that's what i meant, you learn something new every day, huh? It kinda chokes the sound of the snare though, so there might be a better way.

WVUMountaineers  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a bad cheap set for Christmas a couple years ago, and have been slowly pimping it out lately. New Zildjians, new pedals, the works. But I just came across a giant problem i really need fixed. I went to rehead my toms with some Evan's G2 Coated and my floor tom is doing something weird. The head sits on the tom, but the hoop doesn't fit straight. So when i tighten the lugs, it eventually gets twisted and the last couple lugs wont tighten at all and i get that papery feel and obviously can't use the tom. It's the right sized head and everything. Does anyone know whats up?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MitRialb
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys im trying to get a starclassic bubinga set (see: brann dailor) and im wondering about how much it'll cost me. i just dont know the prices of the stuff.. 22x18 kick, warlord masai snare, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11 tom toms, and 18x16 floor tom is what im thinking.
tricky tama devils, no prices.. bleh.
olle92  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
hey guys im trying to get a starclassic bubinga set (see: brann dailor) and im wondering about how much it'll cost me. i just dont know the prices of the stuff.. 22x18 kick, warlord masai snare, 10x8, 12x9, 14x11 tom toms, and 18x16 floor tom is what im thinking.

Well, it's pretty pricy. My estimate would be about 2500-3000 bucks for a basic bubinga set. And I think the snare is 600 bucks alone.

boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olle92 wrote:
boberta13k wrote:

Well, it's pretty pricy. My estimate would be about 2500-3000 bucks for a basic bubinga set. And I think the snare is 600 bucks alone.

jesus not so merry holidays this year. it's too bad that i didnt take the 300$ one i found on ebay.... in the meantime i just got iron cobra powerglide double bass pedals, and i have to say their just the best. by far better than anything else i've ever tried. buy them. now.

does anyone know a cheap but reliable tom rack mounting "thing" by this, i mean something that either clips onto the cymbal stand or stands by itself. im certainly not buying a rack. this is an expensive world.

and brann dailor is god.
olle92  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:

jesus not so merry holidays this year. it's too bad that i didnt take the 300$ one i found on ebay.... in the meantime i just got iron cobra powerglide double bass pedals, and i have to say their just the best. by far better than anything else i've ever tried. buy them. now.

does anyone know a cheap but reliable tom rack mounting "thing" by this, i mean something that either clips onto the cymbal stand or stands by itself. im certainly not buying a rack. this is an expensive world.

and brann dailor is god.

What kind of drums do you have right now?

Agreed, Iron Cobra's are my favourite pedals hands down

About the rack I'd say work your way from here. Or if you have double bass drums. Assuming we're talking about the same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, your not buying a rack Are you talking about this?

EDIT2: A cheaper one. Or do want a freestanding one?

olle92  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post, but I want your opinions on something.

I'm buying a new kit and I'm unsure about the color. So, what do you think?

This? Or this?

EDIT: boberta; the Starclassic Bubinga is probably cheaper then that. Sorry.

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olle92 wrote:

This? Or this?

Unless you plan on playing a lot of weddings, get the black kit.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Megabert  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, that white kit is pretty cool. If you play it with colored spotlights, you can change the look of the kit in the middle of a gig.

For all of you having trouble with your snares buzzing when you hit your toms, there are two things you can try. First, tighten both snare heads so the snare is slightly out-of-tune with the toms. Second, tighten the four tension rods that are next to the snares about half a turn tighter than the rest. After that, there will still be buzz, but it should be much quieter.

olle92  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
olle92 wrote:

This? Or this?

Unless you plan on playing a lot of weddings, get the black kit.

Lol, I actually have played a wedding. I think I might get navy with white hardwear.. I dunno. I have a hard time making desicions(spelling?).

NoWayBack  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question here.

So recently I wasnt very happy with my snare tuning, and so I took off my evans head (http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Evans-EC-Reversed-Dot-Coated-Snare-Batter-Head-?sku=443169) and replaced with my stock head. Tuned it high and it sounds great. But I need a new head because the stock head dents too easily and WILL break. Can anyone reccomend A head I can pull nice and tight?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx for the stuff olle, im definately thinkin the free standing mount, but i think i would need two for the setup im looking for.
dayum 14x11 tomtoms are nowhere in sight. jeez.
hey can anyone tell me what ride cymbal brann dailor is using? it says on wikipedia that he uses mb8 but i see live videos where he's clearly using an mb20 of some sort, can anyone help? i've been trying to find the drum magazine article (most recent) online but no luck there, either.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boberta13k wrote:
hey can anyone tell me what ride cymbal brann dailor is using? it says on wikipedia that he uses mb8 but i see live videos where he's clearly using an mb20 of some sort, can anyone help? i've been trying to find the drum magazine article (most recent) online but no luck there, either.

According to Meinl's website, he favors Mb20 series, but under his profile it says he uses the 22" Mb8 medium ride. Confusing, but I'd go with what they say.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
olle92  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoWayBack wrote:
Quick question here.

So recently I wasnt very happy with my snare tuning, and so I took off my evans head (http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Evans-EC-Reversed-Dot-Coated-Snare-Batter-Head-?sku=443169) and replaced with my stock head. Tuned it high and it sounds great. But I need a new head because the stock head dents too easily and WILL break. Can anyone reccomend A head I can pull nice and tight?

I've always used these heads for my snare. They've worked just fine for every sound I want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: