ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The universal drummer thread (pictures of kit encouraged!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiSmO213  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what ride does the Lykathea Aflame`s drummer uses in Elvenefris. I`m going to post a link so if you can indentify it send me a link of it or tell me the name.Or link me one that sounds alike I will be so grateful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimRwSbq2bk
olle92  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiSmO213 wrote:
Does anyone know what ride does the Lykathea Aflame`s drummer uses in Elvenefris. I`m going to post a link so if you can indentify it send me a link of it or tell me the name.Or link me one that sounds alike I will be so grateful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimRwSbq2bk

It's hard to recognize a specific cymbal with just the audio. If you could find a video, it would help alot.

RiSmO213  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the band never released a dvd so I don`t think I will be able to find a video, I guess its easier finding the drummer but with the change of the gear and all that stuff I guess he doesn`t going to have the same cymbal.

EDIT: I read an interview and he said that he uses anatolian cymbals(now) but in the past he used K custom so I`m guessing the ride in that album is a K custom
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i finally found the meinl site, thanks.
im now thinking abou working my way up to the entire kit, but im unsure about the process.
MY formula thus far:
cymbals first
snare drum
toms, buying low to high
bass drum
cymbal stands / additional hardware

if there's a better way to go about this please tell me, but otherwise im looking at a merry christmas filled with cymbals.
Megabert  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For buying a kit? Buy either a shell pack and hardware pack, or a complete kit. After that, buy cymbals, new heads (stock ones are junk), then buy a new snare if you want a different sound. After that, get extra cymbal stands and new pedals if you want them. There's not a "best" way to do anything in drums. It's pretty much all personal preference.

Subrick  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest that this be moved to music discussion.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
Subrick  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping because this topic is still relevant.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-DTXPLORER-Electronic-Drum-Set-PkgC-/200483604516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Is it good? I can't get an acoustic because of where I live but I think it's great.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
mediumhero  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
I'm buying this:

link goes here

Is it good? I can't get an acoustic because of where I live but I think it's great.

I've had this kit for about 18-19 months now and I really like it. I have to use it because I live in a townhouse. But the sounds are great and in my opinion better than some of the stuff I've heard on DTX950s/TD-20s (electronic kits both costing $5000 or more). The module is also really easy to use. I find most others to be very confusing. And there's also space to add another cymbal or tom or whatever at a cost of around $40. If you dont want to spend money for another pad, and if you have IONs, you can use a cymbal/pad from that and use it on the kit. I did that for a few weeks. Theres also room for double kicks on the kick tower if you wish. Overall a good kit. I like it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: mediumhero
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any good basic acoustic sets out there that are $400 or less? By basic, I mean like, beginner. I've had an electronic kit for a while, and I want to get a new set for Christmas, but I have no idea what to ask for.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
thecolonel  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Are there any good basic acoustic sets out there that are $400 or less? By basic, I mean like, beginner. I've had an electronic kit for a while, and I want to get a new set for Christmas, but I have no idea what to ask for.

What I did for my first set was bought a package that cost 480 Canadian dollars. What it came with was bass drum, 3 toms, snare, crash cymbal, Hats, and drum throne. The shells worked better than i could have wanted (for a beginner). the main problem was the cymbals sounded like absolute shit. $400 is not going to buy you a good beginner set. however with some looking around you could buy one that doesn't completely suck.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
newmandn311  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My set :P
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm back. And this time, with more acoustic drum set! I joined a band yesterday as the drummer, and they have a band drum set, so we hauled it over to my house and it currently resides in my garage. The only problem is that it's missing one tom; the 13" tom, to be specific. I can't find anywhere to buy an Olympic Premier 13" tom, so can somebody show me where? Or, if not, could you recommend a good tom set for be to get? I have plenty of money, but keep it inexpensive please.

EDIT: Also, NECRO.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: