SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"If Santa ever did deliver presents, he's dead now"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never gets old . Merry Christmas!

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: "If Santa ever did deliver presents, he's dead now& Reply with quote

GHAddict wrote:
For each eligible household, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, put presents under the tree, eat any snacks, kiss mommy when available, get back up the chimney, hop in the sleigh and move on.

Move over Danny!
ferretgod  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, although you forgot to factor in magic and the time warp

I couldn't resist lulz
"I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, because America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." ~Newt Gingrich
"To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." - Thomas Jefferson
"What was wrong with communism wasn't aberrant leadership, it was communism" - William F. Buckley, Jr.
dabears116  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "If Santa ever did deliver presents, he's dead now& Reply with quote

GHAddict wrote:
353,000 tons travelling at 650 miles a second creates enormous air resistance, which would heat the reindeer to incandescence in the same fashion as spacecraft or meteors entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms. The entire team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second.
Favorite part of the text. Hilarious article, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That OP is just a giant list of buzzkills D:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for an interesting read. Shared it with my little cousin
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this a LONG (8th grade, 4 years ago) time ago on this site
http://www.brainofbrian.com/philosophies2.html

It's identical.
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:

It's identical.

Why yes, you did. If you didn't notice, in the OP I have a link to the original source. I didn't write it myself. I just saw it last year, thought it was funny, and re-posted. I'm not trying to claim it as my own.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, this is semi-funny, but the only real reason for the Santa lie is that it's a way to control children (same way the idea of God controls adults). If you tell them that Santa is always watching them to determine if they're naughty or nice it causes two main positives. The kids will behave better, especially around the hectic Christmas time. If the kid is bad or the parents don't have enough money to buy nice gifts the blame can be placed on an imaginary figure (Santa) instead of the parents. It's also mainly driven by propagation of a ritual.

I know that it's all based truly on love, but I'm just being a douche. I have many fond memories of Christmas when I believed Santa is real. It's just horrible because all of the credit went to some imaginary, old, obese, slave master instead of who deserved it. I remember one year my parents bought me this amazing bike, and while my Dad spent all night pouring his heart and soul into putting it together, he had to put "From Santa" on the gift tag instead of "From Dad."

Also, Christmas morning was always horrible. My brother and I wouldn't be able to sleep at all (actually I still have trouble Christmas eve, it's why I'm writing this right now ) so we'd both wake up around 6or7 am. Normally this wouldn't be too early, but our parents probably didn't set foot in their bedroom before 5am, since they were wrapping all night to give the illusion that all these gifts appeared out of nowhere. (One Christmas I saw that the wrapping paper used on all our gifts was the same as the roll we had in the other room. The quickest explanation my mom could come with was that he must have been running late, so he used our paper )

We'd be yelling upstairs every 10 minutes or so for them to come down so we could open our gifts. We had no idea what they'd been through, so we thought it was ridiculous for them to sleep in on the biggest day of the year. I don't hate the idea of Santa, but I do think that the idea is ludicrous. I wonder how it actually started to get big, and who actually came up with the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHAddict wrote:
Rawrspoon wrote:

It's identical.

Why yes, you did. If you didn't notice, in the OP I have a link to the original source. I didn't write it myself. I just saw it last year, thought it was funny, and re-posted. I'm not trying to claim it as my own.

I didn't mean to say that you plagiarized it, sorry if it sounded like that
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Klaww wrote:
iDoom wrote:
thegibbonator wrote:
...wow. This is awesome. Isn't the number of children in the average household 2.4 though?

I thought it was 1.6...

why are you guys ripping apart children in tenths?

Because precise mathematical division of children is amusing.

and bloody *shudders*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i always tell people is that if santa was real and went down everybodys chimney, how could he get back up the chimney and go to all the houses in the world?? Owned. (I don't tell little kids this though)

My parents finally told me there was no such thing when i was 9 even though i had never really believed. My reaction was this,"Ehh, OK, whatever." LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 286406839581
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't have it.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
Venim619  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferretgod wrote:
Very good, although you forgot to factor in magic and the time warp

What do transvestites have to do with this? Warp drive I could understand, but I don't think a jump to the left and a step to the right is going to help any.
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
Look, this is semi-funny, but the only real reason for the Santa lie is that it's a way to control children (same way the idea of God controls adults). If you tell them that Santa is always watching them to determine if they're naughty or nice it causes two main positives. The kids will behave better, especially around the hectic Christmas time. If the kid is bad or the parents don't have enough money to buy nice gifts the blame can be placed on an imaginary figure (Santa) instead of the parents. It's also mainly driven by propagation of a ritual.

Was that really fucking necessary? Don't bring religion where it shouldn't be. This is just a fun thread of "what-ifs" about Santa Claus.

OP: I loved the exploding reindeer bit. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: