ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Borderlands- 4th DLC confirmed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new DLC. I got kicked around a lot at first, but I've managed to kill everything without much difficulty. I haven't gotten far enough through the story where I actually enter and supposedly blow up the armory, so Crawmerax sounds like he's going to kick my ass regardless of my level.

I'd be be down for taking him out later with some people, since I probably won't be able to do it alone, I guess. (I'm a level 57 hunter who relies on a Defiler/Equalizer combo to spread around lots of corrosive damage). My gamertag is CTangent.
joerod  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be ding runs tonight of the armory and Crawmerax if anyone cares to join.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still laughing my ass of 15 minutes later because of this thread on the gbx forums: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=98407
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game... confuses me.

I can not for the life of me tell if any of the weapons I find on the ground are better than the ones I'm using. I have no clue what to look for. I see some with more damage, but then I have some weapons that says "56" then flashes X2 (or in my shotgun's case, X9), then theres the elemental damage, which my pistol does X3, so I never know if another pistol is better.

I'm only level 11 right now.

Any help or tips on what to look for?
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understanding what makes a weapon good is the hardest part of this game.

Damage that flashes to "x7" or some other number is the number of projectiles per shot. Shotguns almost always have this property (some fire rickets instead) but it can appear on other weapons, too.

You want a good balance between damage, fire rate, accuracy, and perhaps zoom. Huge damage is pointless if you can't hit your target or can't shoot quickly.

Elemental damage can be very confusing. In general, Corrosive is good against armor. Fire against flesh. Shock against shields. If you aren't sure which weapon is better- test them out and see which one kills faster.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a number and then x# was that base damage multiplied by that number. This is to save room to not write out a huge number. Was I wrong?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:
I thought a number and then x# was that base damage multiplied by that number. This is to save room to not write out a huge number. Was I wrong?

Say you had a semi-automatic gun (fires one shot worth of ammo when you pull the trigger), in Borderlands, if said gun had a x2 on its damage stat, then it would fire two "bullets" with one trigger pull for one unit of ammo. That's what the x# means.

There's no limit to the damage a gun can do and the stats will display the correct value exactly. Hacked guns can easily break tens of thousands of damage with projectile multipliers of like x7 or x8.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
kaflagemeir wrote:

Say you had a semi-automatic gun (fires one shot worth of ammo when you pull the trigger), in Borderlands, if said gun had a x2 on its damage stat, then it would fire two "bullets" with one trigger pull for one unit of ammo. That's what the x# means.

There's no limit to the damage a gun can do and the stats will display the correct value exactly. Hacked guns can easily break tens of thousands of damage with projectile multipliers of like x7 or x8.

I think double anarchy SMG's may be an exception to the "per unit of ammo" thing...
I'm 90% sure every shot (1 pull of the trigger, with 4 projectiles coming out) takes off 2 from my ammo count... (but with an 84 round mag it doesnt really matter )

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromac wrote:
inv4der wrote:
kaflagemeir wrote:

I think double anarchy SMG's may be an exception to the "per unit of ammo" thing...
I'm 90% sure every shot (1 pull of the trigger, with 4 projectiles coming out) takes off 2 from my ammo count... (but with an 84 round mag it doesnt really matter )

I believe that the Double Anarchy has a special mod that makes it always fire two "bullets" of two projectiles each.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about the new DLC for all you Borderlands people out there.

So I bought and loved Zombie Ned. Played through all the side quests, got all the achievements (and the brains) and absolutely loved it. I wasn't too fond of Underdome, though. Seemed lacking of any real substance other than "fight these baddies, fight more baddies". I also really don't have patience to do an entire arena in one sitting, so I didn't play too much of it.

I've been hearing that General Knoxx is the best DLC yet, but also that hardest. I'm a level 50 Hunter on my 2nd playthrough, mostly with a Bloodwing based strategy. I do find though that I don't have much loot (gave my Double Anarchy away when I hit level 50 ), and I have a feeling that I'll get incredibly frustrated with this DLC. I also really disliked all the driving segments in the main storyline, but they were few and far between so it didn't bother me much. Do you guys think I'll have a good time with it?

Also Clawmerax intrigues me. Even though I won't be able to beat him, he seems like a major badass.

EDIT: And more DLC is on the way! http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4538-Take-2-CEO--More-Borderlands-DLC-Coming.html

SQUEEE
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone up to help me and my 2 buddies out with Crawmerax right now? None of us have any idea what to do, so we'd be very grateful for the help. I'm a level 61 soldier and there's a level 61 siren and a 55 sniper. Send me a message on Live and I'll invite you.

EDIT: We're doing some other stuff now. Maybe some other time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:
So anyone up to help me and my 2 buddies out with Crawmerax right now? None of us have any idea what to do, so we'd be very grateful for the help. I'm a level 61 soldier and there's a level 61 siren and a 55 sniper. Send me a message on Live and I'll invite you.

55 Sniper is actually a burden. Get him to 61 so he can help.

Everyone needs a way to deal with the minions- Shock for Maggots, Fire for Green crabs, and Corrosive for Purple crabs.

The Siren's job is to survive. Get him a good hellfire for the green guys, a good shock SMG for the craw maggots, a good corrosive smg for the purple guys, and a good anarchy for the big guy (low accuracy is ideal so you can just spray and pray). His strat is to spray crawmerax as long as he can, then phasewalk to behind one of the pillars so he is out of crawmerax's line of sight. He should wait there until Phasewalk cools down and kill any minions that may see him in the mean time. He is only to engage Crawmerax when Phasewalk is active so he can escape and survive before getting owned. If he gets downed, getting him up is top priority.

The Soldier and Hunter will likely die repeatedly, which is why it's so important for the Siren to stay alive. If everyone dies, Crawmerax full heals.

All damage Crawmerax takes is Crit, so a Ranger mod with +% Crit damage is great for your Hunter. Ammo regen is a must so the Soldier should run a Support Gunner mod. Siren should probably run Merc for the extra SMG damage.

Try to split up as to keep Crawmerax's attention divided but don't get too far away that you can't get to your Siren should he get downed.

Without a lot of experience and great gear, this battle can be a mighty struggle. Good luck!
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been trying to be creative with Crawmerax recently by trying to kill him solo with my Hunter. I'm losing tens of millions of dollars, but I'm thinking that it is feasible for any class to take down Crawmerax solo. (I haven't actually done it yet, I've run out of ammo a lot.)

I've seen two non-siren methods to take down Crawmerax:

1) Upon coming up the lift, immediately sprint to the northwest and hide in a little rock outcropping near the cliff. There's some sort of glitch here that makes you invisible, so no enemies will attack you, and you can shoot the weak points at your leisure. For the weak point on the back of Crawmerax, take a weapon that ricochets bullets (In my case, an Orion) and shoot the rock to the left of Crawmerax. If you hit it in just the right place, the bullets will ricochet and hit his weak point.

2) Same general process as above, but with a different method of hitting the weak point on the back. Get a Leviathan launcher (The reward for the quest in Treacher's Landing where you have to go fishing with grenades, also sometimes dropped by the Rakk Hive. Unlike regular launchers, its rockets are affected by gravity.) and point your launcher near the top of the cliff, shoot, and pray. It is definitely possible to hit the back of Crawmerax this way, but without a Support Gunner Soldier it's really, really easy to run out of ammo.

I don't know who came up with either of these, or else I'd give credit where credit is due...
daman715  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about getting this game should I get it? Please reate it out of ten and give me your review for this game please.

Thanks in advance!
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverTangent wrote:
So I've been trying to be creative with Crawmerax recently by trying to kill him solo with my Hunter. I'm losing tens of millions of dollars, but I'm thinking that it is feasible for any class to take down Crawmerax solo. (I haven't actually done it yet, I've run out of ammo a lot.)

I've seen two non-siren methods to take down Crawmerax:

1) Upon coming up the lift, immediately sprint to the northwest and hide in a little rock outcropping near the cliff. There's some sort of glitch here that makes you invisible, so no enemies will attack you, and you can shoot the weak points at your leisure. For the weak point on the back of Crawmerax, take a weapon that ricochets bullets (In my case, an Orion) and shoot the rock to the left of Crawmerax. If you hit it in just the right place, the bullets will ricochet and hit his weak point.

2) Same general process as above, but with a different method of hitting the weak point on the back. Get a Leviathan launcher (The reward for the quest in Treacher's Landing where you have to go fishing with grenades, also sometimes dropped by the Rakk Hive. Unlike regular launchers, its rockets are affected by gravity.) and point your launcher near the top of the cliff, shoot, and pray. It is definitely possible to hit the back of Crawmerax this way, but without a Support Gunner Soldier it's really, really easy to run out of ammo.

I don't know who came up with either of these, or else I'd give credit where credit is due...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTT7giQc194

Credit for the glitch spot goes to HelterSkelter67 on the xbox forums. Ricochet strategy goes to someone on the gearbox forums...I actually have better results and prefer to use a mongol rocket launcher to hit the spot on his back.

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: