ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"Ugly Americans" Disc. Thread - First Episode Impressions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: "Ugly Americans" Disc. Thread - First Episode Impr Reply with quote

After the new Episode of South Park, I tuned in to watch Ugly Americans, Comedy Central's newest show. I wasn't expecting much, however, I recieved much more.

The show is really funny, and for those who haven't seen the pilot yet, do it. It's a great concept, and IMO, pulled off very nicely.

So, ScoreHeroians, what's your opinion on the new show? Think it'll last? Think it'll crash and burn? Here's where to post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
B14Z3  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I did DVR it, and because it is Augenblick, I need to give it a shot soon. Looks pretty hilarious.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B14Z3 wrote:
I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I did DVR it, and because it is Augenblick, I need to give it a shot soon. Looks pretty hilarious.

It was good. Thre is so many, many options of jokes they could do with that show. The first episode is about the main character having an affair with his boss, who's a demon. See? Another 150 episodes of pure awesome coming our way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
anonymous_4  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeN1123 wrote:
I wasn't interested at all. I switched the channel after 10 minutes... I was quite bored. I didn't give it much of a chance, but what can ya do. I'd rather watch basketball than it, tbh.

I'm sure it'll be at least better than that crap like Robot Chicken, etc.

For Christ's sake, dude, let's not post something that thousands of people would argue about.

Anyway, I say watch the whole episode, but hey, like you said, what can you do.
anonymous_4  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
sedron  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeN1123 wrote:
Gamer9254 wrote:
LukeN1123 wrote:
I wasn't interested at all. I switched the channel after 10 minutes... I was quite bored. I didn't give it much of a chance, but what can ya do. I'd rather watch basketball than it, tbh.

I'm sure it'll be at least better than that crap like Robot Chicken, etc.

For Christ's sake, dude, let's not post something that thousands of people would argue about.

Anyway, I say watch the whole episode, but hey, like you said, what can you do.

Hey, I'm just stating my opinion. I could have watched the whole thing, but it was 10 minutes in and I wasn't even in the least bit entertained. So, my first impression was that it was kinda boring.

I'm pretty sure the problematic bit was the "Robot Chicken is crap," comment, not your opinion on Ugly Americans. That comment wasn't exactly worded all that nicely (I happen to like Robot Chicken,) and it has the potential to create arguments and the like. I think that's the only thing Gamer9254 was trying to say.

As for what I thought of Ugly Americans, it seemed pretty good to me. It was certainly better than a lot of the other new shows Comedy Central likes to put out. It could end up being very good, depending on how they decide to handle stories and such.
DeusExProcella  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't exactly sold on the first episode, but I felt the second episode was much better. I'm more excited about watching it now. It's not over the top, and the main character's voice is very chill, I like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Consanguinity Wii Friend Code: 519807246797
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeusExProcella wrote:
I wasn't exactly sold on the first episode, but I felt the second episode was much better. I'm more excited about watching it now. It's not over the top, and the main character's voice is very chill, I like it.

The pilot episodes to shows are most likely the worst of all the entire series. Ex. Family Matters -____-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: