ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT Vocals freeformless rivalry ^^ voxists get over here !!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: GHWT Vocals freeformless rivalry ^^ voxists get over here !! Reply with quote

Well, i think you got the point : trying to get the highest overall score on Xvox, without using freeforms

Why ? Because Gtr fgfc = almost 30 millions. Drums fgfc = 38-39 millions with RB-WT kit. Bass fgfc = 19 millions. Vox fgfc = 10-18 millions. meh.

Hmmm, i guess some little rules will help :

- Any platform.
- Not singing anything during the wave-freeforms, so you don't get any SP or points out of it
- The blue hands-freeforms are ok to be used
- Take a picture of the More stats : wave freeforms should appear with 0% i think.

I think that should do

As for the songs, i don't want to say "do X songs a day, or X gigs a week" or anything. Not enough voxists already, so let's just not add deadlines...

So let's do that If you want to make a race to "who'll get the highest freeformless overall score", why not, i can manage that. The main point for me is to end with a leaderboard that has meaning anyway

Ready, set, sing !!^___^

Last edited by arvain on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 am; edited 5 times in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can count me in to have my ass spanked by you and others.

Still, I love playing Vocals without worrying about freeforms, and I want to improve my accuracy on GHWT, so that'll be really awesome!

P.S.: No "Never Too Late" popping in would make me really happy too.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in. I just don't think it'll be easy to be completely silent so as not to generate any points during the freeforms and I dunno if I would accidentally do the freeforms out of habit.

Edit: By the way, the scores with freeforms are not meaningless, freeforms take skill to do as well.

Edit 2: Plus some more details would be nice; like can we use scores we already have on freeformless songs or do we have to start afresh? Where is this "leaderboard" going to be?
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
P.S.: No "Never Too Late" popping in would make me really happy too.

would make me happy too but NtL is on the setlist i'm afraid xD

BOYOBOYY wrote:
I dunno if I would accidentally do the freeforms out of habit.

same i predict some restarts x)

Quote:
the scores with freeforms are not meaningless, freeforms take skill to do as well.

i know it takes time to master the ff in itself, what is meaningless is having a song with 25 phrases and 700k... ff are "covering" the song =(

Quote:
can we use scores we already have on freeformless songs or do we have to start afresh? Where is this "leaderboard" going to be?

yeah i guess you can (i personnally will redo them since i think i didn't put enough effort in them in the past) so it's ok ^^

Hmmm...and i'll be probably doing some excel file for that, updating and posting it here (regularly or not, or when you guys would want to).
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my first one. I reckon I can do much better than this though.

Edit: Crap. sorry about the size, i'll resize it next time

Edit 2: Moving in down the page now

Last edited by BOYOBOYY on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to try some songs, and got several full green flashes woot :

-Vicarious
-Parabola
-Our truth
-Misery business
-Feel the pain (lol, so hard that one was a fight with the path, i should've noted it somewhere)
-Beat it 98% not many slides, just short words, but still =O
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really amazing Especially "Our Truth", which I personally find it painful to get all greens because of the intro/outro.

I've been busy with BH and all, but I may be playing GHWT on Friday. Let's see...

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you'd better be playing some wt soon

Also, Our truth isn't that terrible : both low and high "oh" are the same note, just 1 octave difference ^^ it doesn't do everything, but still helps a lot for the green flashes ! I still had to do all the intro/outro without taking my breath though and all my paths are lolrandom =O i suck at finding them on purpose ! if i do, it's so random (like L'via)

oh and i forgot to upload some others :

-La bamba
-L'via
-Good god (i redid full green on this one but somehow, i'm not sure i never got full green with 95%.... maybe i saw green and it was yellow.... cause all my full green were 96%.... but yeah this time i didn't use the freeform which was the whole point)
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L'via L'viaquez

Sorry, Arvain. You knew I had to do that one.

I'll add the rest in a little while.

Edit: Still more to come

Re-education Through Labour
Beautiful Disaster
The Kill
Misery Business
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could enter this. Only problem is I have limited picture access meaning I can't get pictures often. If you could do the honor system I could join, but I understand if you can't do that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite I have the PS2 version of this game, I decided to "play fair", at least with the two of you. Anyway, starting out with 2 of my very favorites in the game.

Everlong: All Green flashies, but my path wasn't the best, and I had some serious hiccups on one line of each verse.
Spiderwebs: LOL I SUCK. I don't count the yellows but I think I got like 10, mostly on the 2nd verse and 2nd chorus. Still, a 9k increase!

Also, I can FC "The Wind Cries Mary" pretty much *on demand*, so I'm trying to figure out a way to get more greens to be able to compete here.

arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord - it's ok ^^ we are already not that many voxists. just get a pic if you're having some 100% or a 1st place haha that should do.

also tidus, don't worry about competing ! I'm not trying to get better than boyoboyy, just trying to get as close as possible Main goal is to figure how high would be a career score with no freeform (i'm just using that to go for "as many green flashes as possible and/or at least 95% on every song" as a personnal goal as well).

So gogogo sing more songs ^^ I have some more :

Assassin, 2nd try ...won't get anything more out of it. 98% is good enough u_u hate quick slides in choruses.
BYOB man that was random ! And i used to think i could never get more than 96%
Everlong new score...
Go your own way woot 1st try, i thought i'd get screwed by the short phrases, but they went kinda ok !
L'via new score, curse youuuuuuu XD!! but woot for 97%
La bamba new score, 98% se necesita une nueva calibracion !!
Lazy eye as i expected, those short phrases got me !
Livin' on a prayer ^____^ favourite song ever ! pretty happy with some 100%'d phrases !
Never too late with a few yellow flashes (like 5-6, some parts of verse are annoying, but not as much as ultra-short phrases in choruses -_-), but i'm very happy with 95%
Obstacle1 woot ! that one could actually be 100%'d... not by me and my lag, but i still think it could.
On the road again 96% took forever, i hate the "life i love is making music with my friends" !!
Pull me under woot for fg on first try...that'll do. 98% maybe someone ?
Reeducation through labor, path is wrong i didn't miss over 1k with ticks.
Santeria
Some might say that i got at least 2-3 yellow flashes on those choruses The end saved me and got me 95% i NEED to fg that >__<
Spiderwebs hmmm, fg. I got 100% on one of the last phrases x)
Stillborn new score (but still missing 1 phrase apparently haha). Some extra-short wavy phrases will keep me away from that forever x)
Today wooh!
Up around the bend doot doo doo DO doooo
Vicarious new score and 97% yay.

I still have no idea if those scores are good or not, my paths were all random =O Need more scores to get confirmation !
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assasin: 66,610 96% FC(I think I may be able to beat you arvain)
What I've Done: 63,633 98% FC
The Middle: 117860 95% FC

Well those 3 are a nice start I guess even if in The Middle I got a yellow flash, but thanks this rivalry it got me to put in WT again...now realize I got some reduxing to do...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't you trying to get better than me Arvain? You already beat some of my scores even if I took them back. You could probably improve on those scores, I know I can.
Just do the best you can and push it past that, that's why I'm participating in this whole thing.

BTW, Posting scores here nao.

nm lol

Will update this later with some new scores since Arvain doesn't seem to want to post more scores unless he has some competition (which is fair enough) or maybe he is just being lazy ^^
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
but thanks this rivalry it got me to put in WT again...now realize I got some reduxing to do...

good, that was the point ! gogogo !!

BOYOBOYY wrote:
Why aren't you trying to get better than me Arvain? You already beat some of my scores even if I took them back. You could probably improve on those scores, I know I can.
Just do the best you can and push it past that, that's why I'm participating in this whole thing.

you answered yourself : i wanted to get better than my old scores. Not particularly better than you or anyone (even if i had no lag at all).

Quote:
Arvain doesn't seem to want to post more scores unless he has some competition (which is fair enough) or maybe he is just being lazy ^^

yeah that !! lazy, AND super busy doing 50 things on every games at the same time @__@ (and i hate competition in the first place. "mine is big" "mine is bigger", "no u" "no u"..... don't like that, and i'd get frustrated when i'd get inevitably beaten )

but yeah, i'll go post scores...and redo some songs with no freeform. And try to get Tao to come over here he promised.

EDIT : Done ...took long enough. i'm seeing some 10.5-11 millions possible... gogogo people, submit x)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: