ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Secret Song Unlockable!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phnord  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Secret Song Unlockable!!!! Reply with quote

There's a song in the game, previously inaccessible, which a gameshark code has just been created to play!

This code is the only way to unlock the secret song "*Trippolette", by "Andrew Buch." It has the hardest section in the game (harder than the end of Bark at the Moon), but the overall shortness of the song makes it beatable.

The code will replace the bonus song "Guitar Hero" in the setlist screen (and shop) with Trippolette while it is active (when you reset, the Guitar Hero song is back).

The code is very long (33 lines), and is as follows:

(M)ust Be On
F0273744 00273747

Bonus Song
2044CD38 64612F73
2044CD3C 72616876
2044CD40 796E6F6D
2044CD44 7664612F
2044CD48 6D726168
2044CD4C 00796E6F
2044CD54 64612F73
2044CD58 72616876
2044CD5C 796E6F6D
2044CD60 7664612F
2044CD64 6D726168
2044CD68 2E796E6F
2044CD6C 0064696D
205CBAF0 6E656857
205CBAF4 646E4120
205CBAF8 73692079
205CBAFC 2074276E
205CBB00 6B636168
205CBB04 2C676E69
205CBB08 20656820
205CBB0C 706D6F63
205CBB10 7365736F
205CBB14 20746120
205CBB18 6B726542
205CBB1C 0065656C
205CAD20 00796F4A
20545760 72646E41
20545764 42207765
20545768 00686375
205459D0 6972542A
205459D4 6C6F7070
205459D8 65747465

Have fun with it!

P.S. Sorry for the double posting - I wasn't sure of which forum it should be in.
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap, it's Memories all over again....
phnord  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you with a Codebreaker (V7+), the code has been officially released, and you can downloaded it as a day 1 file (along with some other cheats, which I don't recommend using) at www.cmgsccc.com
Kwyjibo  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this something worth adding to the main rankings? I gave it a shot; after failing a lot, my best score was an atrocious 55k w/ 3 stars, 35 note streak, and I think 59% hit rate. The song is a blast to play, though, and I'd like to see how others progress anyways. Also, there's another song out there (Graveyard Shift - see http://home.rochester.rr.com/gendreau/vgsplayer/), so when that gets unlocked, there could be another entry to the main rankings.
phnord  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking of writing up a code for graveyardshift at some point...however, it isn't nearly as fun to play as Trippolette, and the sound quality is not so hot...

But anyway, I definitely think this should be added to the main rankings. It is the hardest song to get good percentages/scores on, so it can be a true test of ability.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using this code, but GH keeps freezing when I load it up from gameshark. Usually on one of the opening logos. Any suggestions, besides double checking the code?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have the code in wrong. All of the memory address that are written to in the code are very specific, and if you don't have them in right it will freeze, as you'll be writing to parts of the memory that are necessary for the game to run correctly.

One suggestion besides double-checking is if you have a Codebreaker, to go to cmgsccc.com and download the Codebreaker Day 1 code to a USB disc (or download it straight to your ps2 if you have the internet hooked up to work with it).

The only other thing is that this code is for Gameshark/Codebreaker. It WONT work on Action Replay - I'm planning on converting it so that I can put it up as a code for Action Replay as well.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read all the codes to someone else looking at the shark codes, and they match exactly. Any other ideas?

Edit: This is my first time using gameshark, or any cheat system. Anything I should know of that's something that experienced users would know?

I just added my own game under 'expert cheats', then added a cheat "M" for the master code, and put in the single master code there. Then, added a cheat "Bonus Song" ... and put in all of those codes under the bonus song cheat. Then selected both cheats and tried to use them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...I'm not sure

This is my first code I've hacked for a console, and from what I understand there might be conversions that need to be done between different versions of gameshark...I'm trying to get in touch with someone to help me convert the code to all the different cheating formats.

In the meantime, what version of Gameshark do you have?

You also might want to make sure you entered via these instructions (taken from gameshark.com):

Gameshark 2, Game Codes W/ Media Player or Broadband Enabled or CHEAT CODES for PS2:

1. Choose "Expert Cheat Mode" or "Select Cheats" on the main menu and press [X] on the controller.

2. The alphabetical game list should appear now. Press [circle] on the controller and press [X] on Add. You will now see the virtual keyboard and New Game will be at the top of the screen. Use the arrow at the top right of the keyboard to delete the words New Game. Now enter the title of the game you are adding then press [X] on the middle arrow (enter) at the right of the keyboard.

3. The title you just entered will appear in alphabetical order in the Expert Cheat Mode menu. Move the cursor over the game title you just created. Push [right] on the D-pad of the controller to bring up a blank screen with the game title headlining the top of the screen. This is the Cheat Description screen of the game title.

4. On the Cheat Description screen, push [circle] then press [X] on Add so you can enter the name of the new cheat. Just like when you entered the game title, use the keyboard to get rid of New Cheat so you can enter the name of the cheat you are adding. You always want the Master code to be first on your list. When you get codes from our website, this is always the first cheat listed. Just title it M for Master then press [X] on the enter arrow on the keyboard.

5. You will then be taken to a new screen. You will see the name of the game at the top and the M code directly under it. Move cursor over the new cheat name, push [right] on the D-pad to bring up another blank screen. This time, the cheat name will be headlining the top of the screen. This is the code entry screen.

6. On this new screen, press [circle] and then press [X] on Add in order to enter the 16 character cheat code. Use the virtual keyboard and cursor on the screen to enter this information. Do not worry about the space, it will take care of itself. Just type all 16 digits in a row. When you have the first line of code in, press the enter arrow which is now found at the bottom right corner of the virtual keyboard.

7. You will now see a screen that has the cheat title at the top and the first line of code you just entered. If the cheat code consists of multiple lines, you will need to enter all of the lines to complete the cheat code. To enter multiple lines, press [circle] on this screen and then press [X] on Add. Enter the second line of the code then hit enter on the keyboard. Once this line is entered, it will appear underneath the first line of code previously put in. Press Left on the D-pad to get back to the Cheat Description screen so you can begin entering a new cheat.

8. Repeat steps 4 thru 7 until you have completed adding the codes you want on the Gameshark.

9. If at any point you wish to save the new information entered on the Gameshark, press [start] on the game controller. As long as you have an officially licensed PS2 memory card plugged into memory card slot one, the Gameshark will automatically ask you to save the information entered.

10. Once you are finished saving the codes, reset your PS/2 and then activate the codes you wish to use.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Oh crap, it's Memories all over again....

Well said.

I'll have to try this. I'm not sure if I want to include it in the rankings as it would give a new overall total for difficulties and give people an advantage who play this song vs. those who don't have the ability to play it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gameshark v2.0.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should add it but it should have no effect on your overall total in any of the categories for the same reason you just stated, alot of people don't have access to the 2 hidden songs because they don't own a cheat device. I see no harm in posting the songs to compete with other players. I would put it under the category of bonus songs. The song would have no effect on rank on bonus songs, on easy, medum, hard, expert, overall score, and should not be counted in the total songs in the game or 100% list for players score cards.

It would just be posted for competing with others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your Gameshark, is it 2.0 V 3 or above? If not, you'll need the code converted - which I'm in the process of doing. I'll post links to converted versions of the code as soon as I have them.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phnord wrote:
Regarding your Gameshark, is it 2.0 V 3 or above? If not, you'll need the code converted - which I'm in the process of doing. I'll post links to converted versions of the code as soon as I have them.

Is the only way to tell by looking at the graphics? Going off gameshark.com's list of 5 images, mine doesn't exactly fit any of them, but is closest to the middle one (talks about Media Player included). That's v5, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone be willing to take a video of the song? I'm curious to see what it's like but I really don't have the time or money to track down a Gameshark at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: