ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Giving up ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MX66XM  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Giving up ? Reply with quote

Perhaps i should just give up, and do something else....
I dont get better, and i will never FC any songs on Expert, it just will not happen. Now i have played the game so much, and i still cant do anything impressive. I dont seem to evolve anything and my fingers just dont want to do what they are told too..........What is the problem ??? Why cant i hit the right buttom, i see a red note comming, and i hit yellow, ore i hit nothing at all. And i have used so many many hours. Perhaps im just to
dumm, perhaps im not intelligent enough dont know, it just dont work out the way i want too
aikaline  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's normal to feel as if you arn't getting anywhere from time to time, but you can't let it get the best of you.

First off, it takes many players awhile before they start FC'ing songs on expert, It is in no way an easy feat, and even though at times your eyes may recognize certain patterns your hands my not just be ready to follow, I remember going through such frustration within my first few months of playing, really at this stage you should mainly just focus on enjoying yourself. I realized in your previous posts you are mainly focused on playing Aerosmith, perhaps you should pop in one of the other GH games you have for a bit and play through those, you won't even realize it at first but just playing something new and fresh can sharpen your skills when you come back to the previous game you feel stuck on, a change or break can always be helpful when you feel discouraged.

Secondly, just cause you are having trouble with certain GH goals doesn't make you dumb, many of the people here have been playing the games for three, four and several even close to five years. Over long periods of time the game will become more natural to you, my biggest suggestion is to just be patient

jimnablazed  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing atm is to just keep playing. It doesn't have to be expert all the time (I'd recommend hard for you right now) but just keep playing until your fingers and mind know what each button is. Once you know this you won't miss anything stupid.

Keep playing and playing, its really that simple.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Giving up ? Reply with quote

MX66XM wrote:
Perhaps i should just give up, and do something else....
I dont get better, and i will never FC any songs on Expert, it just will not happen. Now i have played the game so much, and i still cant do anything impressive. I dont seem to evolve anything and my fingers just dont want to do what they are told too..........What is the problem ??? Why cant i hit the right buttom, i see a red note comming, and i hit yellow, ore i hit nothing at all. And i have used so many many hours. Perhaps im just to
dumm, perhaps im not intelligent enough dont know, it just dont work out the way i want too

All good things come to those who wait

Choose the song you want to FC (make it within reason obv) and practice each separate section until you're consistent on it. Then just do a couple of real runs every so often and then you'll get lucky.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that long ago you made your first post in this forum. Don't get discouraged easily... improvement is going to take time.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, don't expect to break out with some out-of-nowhere FC, one that either surpassed your goals or the community's or both. (The community's goals being getting one of the top FCs on a game.)

I know that you might be expecting to make some headway into an FC after a time, and I know that people getting those lolhard FCs may be disheartening (not that either of those necessarily apply to you), but they will come in time. Just don't set unrealistic goals for yourself, alright?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem when I first started out. I didn't see me accomplishing much at all on Expert, so I just went to Hard. After a while, I saw myself improve by quite a bit and when I jumped back over to Expert, I was able to FC over half of the GH3X setlist in a very short amount of time. These things take time. Some have been playing for quite a few years and have mastered the game. Others, it might just come naturally. For me, I've been playing for nearly 3 years and by no means "great" but I can at least hold my water now
theslayermon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i did is keep playing the hardest songs i could until i could pass everything. then i got myself a few FCs

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep on challenging yourself and you will get better, everybody has to start somewhere
bkeys15  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i remember when i fced closer it literally took 10 hours to get, now i have 66 FCs on GH3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get discouraged everyone has to start somewhere I remember the first time I owned gh3 I started hard and got stuck on paint it black for a week.

Closer when I wanted to fc it took me about 12 hours over 2 days lol

Sorry for rambling but, don't get discouraged also something I found out first hand not playing for a week or so when you come back you will be playing better well at least in my instance.
theslayermon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLGquinky wrote:
Don't get discouraged everyone has to start somewhere I remember the first time I owned gh3 I started hard and got stuck on paint it black for a week.

Sorry for rambling but, don't get discouraged also something I found out first hand not playing for a week or so when you come back you will be playing better well at least in my instance.

many people seem to get better after a small break, it happened to me and i keep reading it. i wonder why it happens

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
theeDeadlights  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theslayermon wrote:
MLGquinky wrote:

many people seem to get better after a small break, it happened to me and i keep reading it. i wonder why it happens

Just keep playing, sometimes progress is slow(or not noticeable at all), but you are always getting better. It just takes a while to notice, seriously.

About taking a break, I would think you get better because of a few things. You're fresh, and you're ready to play; your muscles are healed, and your mind desires to play more.
afrojavi  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude...its a freaking video game xD

why would you think in giving up ?.....i wouldn't stop playing call of duty if i always die in multiplayer...

is just a video game, play it because is fun, and the skills will come somehow...
MX66XM  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so many answers, im impressed.
Thank you so much all you great players inhere, you are not only great players but also some very kind and freindly people.
I get frustrated, its like im getting nowwhere right now. And i have played and played many many hours, off course i play the game because i like it, i know its stupid to force anything through. Its just that it takes A LOT OF TIME, days and days and days. On expert i can play the normal notes
and doublenotes, pairs and so. But its when the game tilts totally and it rains with notes, and in some insane pattern and without any mercy that i get frustrated. It seems next to impossible (ever !) to be able hit all the notes.................. Then i think that the problem perhaps lays
in me, that I no matter how long i practice never will come to master the game. But you could say that i doesnt matter, as long as it is fun to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: