ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A Metal Album A Day in October(More done, still catching up)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
ganondorf901 wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
Wintersun - Wintersun

Any day is fine.

Protip: this will be the best one you listen to.

This.

And I hate to bring more Metal discussion into this topic, but how many fucking problems are Wintersun gonna have? Time (I believe that was the album name) is loooooong overdue. Like the LoZ:TP of Metal

Man, I've been waiting on Time for years, ever since I heard Wintersun. Fuckin' Jari and his drug problems. I hear it's mostly recorded now though, everything but some vocal tracks. Needs to be mixed, but I'm expecting great things. It's going to be so technical and complex that I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Jari is really hyping it too. Says it'll be better then the debut. The fact that it's a concept album is cool too, I love concept albums.

Duke Nukem Forever of Metal... yes. Or, I guess that was Chinese Democracy. Meh, analogies.

They've also started canceling some dates to finally work on the album, I'm expecting great things of this album (knowing Wintersun I will be without a doubt impressed)

Also, since where trying to get people into new albums rather than famous ones, I'd like to change my recommendation (Dio's Holy Diver) to Distorted's Redemption. Amazing guitar lines and harmonies.
Majestic122  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a typo. October 21st is supposed to be Relentless Retribution by Death Angel, not the other way around.
Wish you would be doing Judas Priest - Stained Class, but I'm too late to request that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I shall begin the long and arduous task of downloading the albums, and putting them all into playlists and eventually making their way onto my iPod (for convenience's sake). I guess I'll bump the thread again when October 1st comes around.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping the thread before October 1st comes around.
I probably should've selected Ghost Reveries over TPE1 considering the latter isn't incredibly "metal" but meh it's a better album IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or Greg

use Grooveshark

it's what I'm doing

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
or Greg

use Grooveshark

it's what I'm doing

Quite inconvenient for me, actually. Getting on the computer daily for about an hour really doesn't happen for me. Spending about 40 minutes getting 7 albums and putting them on my iPod works great for me. I may end up putting them on my phone, as I have no room on my iPod. Anyway, expect a review later. Lolschool and such.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Friday, October 1st: Diamond Eyes by The Deftones (Recommend by POKE-JJ)

I've heard of The Deftones before, but never actually heard their music. They have a harder rock type of sound, that, while I'm not too fond of, isn't bad in the slightest. This is a very solid album, just not really my cup of tea. No songs really stand out on it, but it's definitely worth a listen.

Rating: 3/5

Also, five scales are the bomb. You know it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! October 2nd! Bring it on!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saturday, October 2nd: Desert Call by Myrath (Recommended by Ontwikseltsaar)

This emanates prog. The instrumentation is interesting, and sounds amazing. I love it. Everyone should go listen to this album.

Rating: 5/5.

(Short, and to the point, eh?)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got your Oct 26th album mixed up. The band is Portal.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you've never heard deftones before then you should listen to one of their earlier albums. Diamond Eyes is solid (3.5/5 in my book), but it doesn't compare to Around the Fur or Adrenaline.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Quote:
Saturday, October 2nd: Desert Call by Myrath (Recommended by Ontwikseltsaar)

This emanates prog. The instrumentation is interesting, and sounds amazing. I love it. Everyone should go listen to this album.

(Short, and to the point, eh?)

Yay Glad you liked it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sunday, October 3rd: The Power to Believe by King Crimson (Recommended by S1ckH4nds)

Forgot to do this yesterday, as I got sidetracked by Minecraft and Yusuke's stream. Anywho, I listened to this at my friends house, all of us were simply astounded by this album. The majority of the songs were instrumental, which was a feature my friend liked quite a bit. The songs that actually had lyrics were also good, but not great. The instrumentation was simply astounding throughout, though. I highly, highly recommend this to everyone. It's more proggy and jazzy then metal, but it's astounding.

Rating: 6/5.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting a thanks to GregoryZero and Ontwikseltsaar because I just checked out the Myrath album, and it's awesome. I LOVE prog metal combined with folk styles, especially oriental and arabian, but this is the first good album like that that I've found since Mabool by Orphaned Land (which coincidentally is on TheLonging's list to review on the 7th).
I'll check King Crimson later too... it's been recommended to me far too many times for me to ignore any longer.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm a day behind! Anywho, on to Monday's album. >_>

Quote:
Monday, October 4th: Agent Orange by Sodom (Recommended by GarageMetal468)

This album is a great example of what thrash metal should be like. It sounds a lot like Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth all at once. It'll get you pumped up for sure.

I'll get Tuesday and Wednesday's albums tomorrow and do both probably later on in the day. Bare with me here. >_>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: