Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marching Band Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urisma  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured I give this thread a mini bump. Anyone ever march drum corps? I'm planning on auditioning for the Cavaliers in December. I consider a pretty good marcher and a very good horn player, plus I march mellophone, so I think I've got a chance of making it.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no drumlines in the area that I could join, but i like to pretend I'm in one on my drumset from time to time
BNghfreak12  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumpet player here. I'm a freshman. I've only had one football game, but it was immensely fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
GenericName  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
figured I give this thread a mini bump. Anyone ever march drum corps? I'm planning on auditioning for the Cavaliers in December. I consider a pretty good marcher and a very good horn player, plus I march mellophone, so I think I've got a chance of making it.

The Cavaliers are epic. Good luck in getting it.

Well anyway, I've started playing drums in my school's marching band. Playing snare is so much funner than clarinet. Plus it makes me feel cool. Lol.

(I learned how to drum from rock band. Take that, all of you "lrnareelinstrument" people. )

Urisma  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. They're second only to the BDs in score, but I just want to march with a damn aussie. That's my dream. In my high school marching band (mascot of which is the freaking cavalier!) we march shakos. Not aussies. What. The. Hell.
stumper93  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man..another year of marching band.

It's sad for me to say I'm embarrassed to be in our marching band now....

Our band is so small we can't compete....we have four guys out for band/marching band total....no one can keep a beat or march because I think half of our band are freshman!

Anyway...we are doing a White Stripes set so Seven Nation Army, Fell in Love With a Girl, and we attempted Icky Thump but that song is so hard to play....seriously hardest piece of music I've tried to play and we tried to play Stars and Stripes Forever in preparation of Veteran's Day.

*By the way Stars and Stripes was a mega-fail on our part*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. So your marching band has only 4 people in it? Jebus.

I'm a sophomore now, we've already played two games using a Rolling Stones theme, and we're gonna set up a Stevie Wonder show for a week from Friday.

I'm in charge of our low brass section, which is considered by many to be the best section in the band. I'll probably be trying out for Drum Major next year as well.
bummet3  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in Marching Band for two years now, and I thoroughly enjoy it. Here's a vid of our show (still needs a little ironing out) from our first competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ada6wYvbZ4. I play the Baritone horn in the Low Brass. Me and my friend (who also plays Baritone) intend to also try out for Phantom Regiment and Glassmen in two years.
stumper93  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diddin wrote:
Wait. So your marching band has only 4 people in it? Jebus.

Sorry..what I meant to say was that there are four men out for band in general.

We have like 20 people...still small haha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I think this might be my favorite show between last year's (Freshman) and this year's (Sophomore). We're doing a Beatles show this year that has:

Magical Mystery Tour/ A Hard Day's Night
Hey Jude
Eleanor Rigby
Yesterday
Hey Jude (Reprise)

We also got our first competition actually this weekend on Saturday, but we have Homecoming this Friday (Damn it I have to be at school at 7 A.M. to practice, then a pep rally at the end of school, a parade, and a football game to perform at I think I'm gonna go crazy Friday)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
Urisma  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
Oh man, I think this might be my favorite show between last year's (Freshman) and this year's (Sophomore). We're doing a Beatles show this year that has:

Hey Jude
Eleanor Rigby
Yesterday
Hey Jude (Reprise)

We also got our first competition actually this weekend on Saturday, but we have Homecoming this Friday (Damn it I have to be at school at 7 A.M. to practice, then a pep rally at the end of school, a parade, and a football game to perform at I think I'm gonna go crazy Friday)

That's it? I just did all of that today, and still have homework (minus football game. Had to perform for the homecoming parade and peprally though). And practice tomorrow. And a game 2 hours away the next. Doesn't drive me crazy. Not trying to one up you, but that's honestly not a ton of work... Maybe I'm just used to it. My school is pretty hard core when it comes to marching band.
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
Zman10894 wrote:

Hey Jude
Eleanor Rigby
Yesterday
Hey Jude (Reprise)

That's it? I just did all of that today, and still have homework (minus football game. Had to perform for the homecoming parade and peprally though). And practice tomorrow. And a game 2 hours away the next. Doesn't drive me crazy. Not trying to one up you, but that's honestly not a ton of work... Maybe I'm just used to it. My school is pretty hard core when it comes to marching band.

Okay I take that back. I guess it's just that I'm not so used to performing as much as I normally do. That, to be honest, is a lot more practice time than I had in my Freshman year. We didn't even have Saturday practices so that plus 7 A.M. practices just seemed like too much for me. You should have seen me, actually, when I was just coming into my Freshman year and we got our music and I go "lol wut's a high C on trombone can't hit lol "

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
Kirbah  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sophomore and I play trumpet. This year our band is going to play Carry On Wayward Son and Frankenstein. It's epic.
Urisma  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my first competition was Saturday in Friendswood, Texas. My school sweeped 5A, but got beat by 2 4A schools. But both have won state marching competition, and our program is only 6 ish years old, so I'd say that's pretty good. I think we can definitely make state this year.
pman5595  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:

mellophones FTW

I'm a sophomore at my highschool which is the first year for marching band. We're doing a motown theme this year, so we get Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5, Supremes, etc.

EDIT: I see I'm been de-perma-rockered in the 6 or so months I've been Generally inactive. I think it's a sign that I shouldn't post...

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: