ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WOR Expert Guitar FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, BW is harder than CW

Because in BW there are a lot of solos with random strumming, tough tapping/sliding solos, so every part of this song is a "choke point"

In CW the only very hard part is solo 1. If you can strum at 18nps consistently, it will be only a matter of time until you hit solo 1, and after this solo there are no "choking points".

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
In CW the only very hard part is solo 1. If you can strum at 18nps consistently, it will be only a matter of time until you hit solo 1, and after this solo there are no "choking points".

Wait what.
1. Why would strumming be necessary?
2. Are solo 2, and the super awkward strumming through the latter half of the song not choke points? o_O

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
1. Why would strumming be necessary?

I was talking about the verses, not the solo o_o

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
Perre  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately your post still makes no sense at all since the strumming in the verses aren't even close to 18 nps, there's a gazillion choke spots after Solo 1 and I'm not even gonna mention how stupid the phrase "only a matter of time" is in this context.
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perre wrote:
Unfortunately your post still makes no sense at all since the strumming in the verses aren't even close to 18 nps, there's a gazillion choke spots after Solo 1 and I'm not even gonna mention how stupid the phrase "only a matter of time" is in this context.

This. I FC'd up to the bridge on my sightread. That has zero to do with capability to hit the solo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:

Solo 2 is harder than Solo 1 to FC consistently.

strikebowler585  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I'm now thinking of it. I will rate each section out of 10 (10 = "hardest", 1 = "easiest" (with that meaning easy compared to other sections)). Here it is:

Fury of the Storm:
Beginning solo: 6
First trills: 7
Tapping: 6
Fury of the Solo (besides I): 8
Fury of the Solo I: 10
The Rest: 3

Chemical Warfare:
Solo 1: 10
Solo 2a-2c: 7
Solo 2d: 8
Rest of song: 5

Black Widow:
Every section with random strums: 8
Super Serial Solo B: 9
Spider Crawl: 8
Rest of Song: 1

Fury of the Storm has a solo in the 2nd half of the song, Chemical Warfare has about a minute's worth of soloing, and Black Widow is almost 1 big solo.

Chemical Warfare has the hardest riffs to FC overall but Solo 1 is only a few seconds long and solo 2 is learnable, but chokeable. Fury of the Storm is generally a medium hard difficulty when talking about the hardest songs with the exception of the trill at the end, and maybe 1 or 2 other sections. Black Widow has the easiest sections in between but it is by far the hardest song to hit the solo in its entirety.

So here's where I stand. Black Widow is hardest, then I guess Fury of the Storm, then I guess Chemical Warfare.

Here's an example of something you can't put in order from hardest to easiest. Take a 20 note 28 nps custom, and a 1000 note 14 nps custom. Some people will think the 20 note one is harder than the 1000 note one, and vice versa.

EDIT: Fine, I guess I will edit this a couple times to satisfy everyone, then we can really see what song is the hardest. I still really think BWOLP is the hardest. Idk about FOTS and CW, It's just so hard to conclude.

Last edited by strikebowler585 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: strikebowler585
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strikebowler585 wrote:

LOLWUT

strikebowler585  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
strikebowler585 wrote:

LOLWUT

I edited out the piece that said "This wasn't based on duration of section, so don't blame me if something seems off." but I guess I have to keep that part in. Fury of the Solo A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H are all a bit easier than Super Serial Solo B. Ok, maybe G is a bit tricky but I only missed it less than 2% of the time. There are also many people that can't hit that Black Widow Section. I also said (besides I). I was also gonna say that this list should satisfy other peoples opinions but took that out, and I'll now include that part in here too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the fuss is about Fury of the Solo I tbh. It's nowhere near as hard as stuff like CW Solo 1 and Super Serial Solo B I guess. I can get it maybe 30% of the time just by spamming alt tapping with 2 fingers on my strumming hand. I can't even FC the intro to Speeding lol.

I also have a better chance of hitting the intro to TDWDTG than the strumming in Ties That Bind. That shit is nasty, need to dpad it and still I can only get around 90% in the 3 sections combined.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strikebowler585 wrote:
Fury of the Solo A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H are all a bit easier than Super Serial Solo B.

Ohhh, this clears it up. Though personally I'd argue that all of the FotS sections with 20 NPS parts are more difficult than SSSB, especially the short trills (don't remember the name of the section).

Pas26  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massi4h wrote:
I don't see what the fuss is about Fury of the Solo I tbh. It's nowhere near as hard as stuff like CW Solo 1 and Super Serial Solo B I guess. I can get it maybe 30% of the time just by spamming alt tapping with 2 fingers on my strumming hand. I can't even FC the intro to Speeding lol.

I also have a better chance of hitting the intro to TDWDTG than the strumming in Ties That Bind. That shit is nasty, need to dpad it and still I can only get around 90% in the 3 sections combined.

That trill is NASTY to get consistent on, it's about as hard as CW solo 1, but it's MUCH farther into an harder song. I hardly ever miss Super serial.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strikebowler585 wrote:

Fury of the Storm:

Black Widow:
Every section with random strums: 8
Spider Crawl: 8

I think we can confirm that the top 3 in this game are completely dependent on the player's skill set. I am fucking horrible at Fury of the Solo. I just can't FC it all in one run for some reason. I hit those Black Widow sections every single time. When I missed 4 on BW, none were in either of those sections.

I think the only way to really do this right is putting 91/92/93: BW/CW/FotS (As in don't actually assign them the numbers; just say those are the top 3 and if you are at that level difficulty is subjective)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I think we can confirm that the top 3 in this game are completely dependent on the player's skill set. I am fucking horrible at Fury of the Solo. I just can't FC it all in one run for some reason. I hit those Black Widow sections every single time. When I missed 4 on BW, none were in either of those sections.

I think the only way to really do this right is putting 91/92/93: BW/CW/FotS (As in don't actually assign them the numbers; just say those are the top 3 and if you are at that level difficulty is subjective)

I have a -4 on BWoLP, stupid random misses that happen all the time.
I have a -3 on Chem War, stupid misses again, including a note in solo 1.
In FotS I always choke in dumb parts of the last huge solo, most of the time in C and G, and even more stupid misses sometimes.

Basically, all three songs are incredibly chokable, no matter how hard the hardest part of the song is. It is indeed very difficult to say which song is the hardest of all three.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
ace5993  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I would say BWOLP HAS to be 91 simply because there is no section comparable to Fury of the Solo I or Chemical Warfare solo 1. Perhaps if you can already hit every section BWOLP is a bit easier to choke but most people would be able to FC BWOLP waaaay before being able to even hit the hard parts of the other two without a huge stroke of luck. If this is based logically around a complete beginner going to fc the whole game as he progresses he would first FC BWOLP, then CW (not as missable/frustrating as FotS, only one really difficult part and it's early in the song), then FotS last (hard part 6 minutes in, and it's very hard to even FC up to it...).

That's my view of it at least. In terms of annoyingness/chokability to FC if you can already hit all the hard parts, which is what strike is talking about, it does go BW > FotS > CW. But that's not the point of this list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: