ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need a new guitar, which is the best?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuesdaysPrize  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Need a new guitar, which is the best? Reply with quote

I haven't played Guitar Hero since GH3, which feels like it was forever ago. I stumbled upon iamchris4life's TTFAF FC on youtube this morning and suddenly felt an urge to play again. To make a long story short, I dug up my GH3 disk, made a new Scorehero account, and found my wireless Les Paul... which is unfortunately broken.

So... I know that a ton of games and new technology have been released since I left off at GH3, but what is the best standalone guitar I can purchase? Wired or wireless is fine. I really liked the wireless Les Paul for the record.

Thanks!
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GH5tar and the WoRtar are really good

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
The GH5tar and the WoRtar are really good

This. Also, the Les Paul is still a great guitar to have if you can get a hold of one. The thing with the WoRtar is that the frets are slightly further from the strumbar than other guitars so it can take a bit to get used to if you tap. The strum bar is also a bit looser than normal, so that can take some time to, but its a great choice once you do.
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go with either a warrantied LP or a WoRtar. I've heard great things about the GH5tar, too. The old LP has A LOT of defective units, so if you can get a month long warranty, you can run through them until you get a good one. The other two I mentioned are very different (5tar is very weighty and has a touch strip, WoRtar is incredibly light and has a new style of strum bar), but they are very reliable. The problem is that I have no idea if you can buy them standalone.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
TuesdaysPrize  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the responses. I'm gonna run up to Gamestop this week and see what they have, if not, I can probably find something online, haha.
andrechi14  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the WoRtar is REAAALLLY hard to get used to imo, in my opinion the GH5Tar or the WTtar are the best, but LPs have too many defective units and the xplorer ir just fail

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use the WTar all the time and i have one of each (not including the GH5Tar) everything seems just right with it although with my small amount of experience with one i would probably choose the GH5Tar. i will do a quick summary of why i think the WTar/GH5tar is the better one to have. the xplorer is pretty much impossible to use for a lefty that sits down (damn shape) its also wired which can be annoying but saves on batteries and it has a horrible star power button. the LP frets die (can be fixed) and it feels too small to me. WoRTar horrible to elbow strum with in my opinion, fairly unknown reliability (but i do expect it will be good) whammy bar is very awkward for a lefty

Goals
Become top 1000 GH3 []
Get 10 top 100 on GH3 [4]
Dont come last in the SEBN GH3 competition [*fingers crossed*]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: twisted emotion PSN Name: the_slayer_mon
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP is the way to go if you if youre good with fixing stuff. hardwire it and maybe fix an overstrum every now and then, and it cant be beat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
TuesdaysPrize  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked online a bit, but what is the quick fix for broken LP frets? My green and blue are both on and off. Sometimes it's a hassle to get through the menu's and other times one of the buttons will hold up for a whole verse..
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get another LP.
TuesdaysPrize  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch that, meant green and red if it makes any difference.

And yeah, I would get another LP but it seems like there is some type of paper trick you can do and make the frets respond? Haha, please do tell.
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a thin small piece of cardboard in between the neck of the guitar and the body, in the space where you stick the neck in. make sure the cardboard doesn't interfere with the connection between the neck and body at the bottom, and it should fix the problem.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, hardwire your LP!
Edit: Here is a link to a guide to hardwire your guitar!
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53749

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own em all, and I highly favor the GH5 tar. for the feel of the srtum bar, digital vs. analog slider strip and overall feel of the shape.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up doing a quick fix on my LP using the paper trick. Thanks for all the feedback. If I keep getting problems I'll definitely return to this thread for more opinions. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: