ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
STARPOWER PODCAST: RIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember hearing the same thing that happened with The Beatles: Rock Band here?

I think it happened again with RB3... Shocking. We're not a GH country, that warrants an ep.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I was hoping to see a "recording tonight" post, not a "when is the next ep?" post. I guess we are always free to make our own if we really can't handle the wait.

Introducing: "Overdrive: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Starpower: The Official Podcast of Scorehero.com"

Best title ever.

Well, until Overdrive stops making episodes, and then "Euphoria: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Overdrive: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Starpower: The Official Podcast of Scorehero.com" takes over.

From what I believe, Frankie, Elliot, and the gang are all too busy at the moment to record a new episode together. I don't really blame them, we've all been there. I'm still going to call them lazy, though.
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Euphoria: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Overdrive: The Un-official Spinoff Podcast of Starpower: The Un-official Podcast of ScoreHero.com. On our first episode we will be covering the worlds best no-impact drummers. Episode 1 - We Don't Need No Stinkin' Pads/Chord Mode 4 LIFE

The reason I haven't been available for a new episode keeps changing every week or so. The new reason is....ok well I don't think I have one for this week except 1) Thanksgiving stuff and 2) my headset is broken.

But Frankie, go buy a new headset!

*opens wallet*

I has ZERO dollars.

Perhaps we can do one after Thanksgiving sometime.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had Thanksgiving! Lrn2Canada
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Holiday BS Part Trois.
UnknownLefty95  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:

Not to mention the guys have 25 or so days and counting to produce Jed Lottery 3. Frankie and Jed said in Episode 30, the Jed Lottery 3 will be out by the end of the year.
I continue to apologise for nagging.

EDIT: The End????

Much better username than my SH one, don't ya think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrElectricNick
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so eh, any new podcasts heading our way anytime soon fellas? been quite a while and all, just wondering
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
sidney17  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to stop looking at this thread, it's getting quite depressing knowing how long it's been since the last podcast :S

Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might follow through on the whole Overdrive thing after all, if this keeps up. Yikes.
Jed  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownLefty95 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

Not to mention the guys have 25 or so days and counting to produce Jed Lottery 3. Frankie and Jed said in Episode 30, the Jed Lottery 3 will be out by the end of the year.
I continue to apologise for nagging.

EDIT: The End????

Duke Nukem Forever'd. Though I can guarantee Jed Lottery 3 will be out sooner than 14 years from now. Fuck if I'm still doing this when I'm 66 years old.

Also, there's only so much we can do in terms of keeping a show fresh. While there are new games and songs coming out on a bi-minutely basis, what good does it do us from a podcast standpoint to keep holding shows about it? Achievements (not the 360 kind) are so watered down at this point that no one is surprised at all any time (player) FCs (song) on (instrument) so we don't really need to do shows about that. We've done lots of themed shows, so the well is running dry there too. I could probably do some review episodes detailing some of my "favorite" games in the genre, but would anyone really want to listen to me shit on Green Day: Rock Band and Power Gig for three hours?

This isn't a "well the podcast is going away" post, I'm just kinda rambling that the infrequency of the recent shows has a few different factors. Including, as Frankie mentioned, real life problems.

I know some of our fans are creative, so drop a post in here about what you want to see. Give us some ideas as to what would make a good episode for you, be it a theme, a topic, watching a three hour clip of me defecating, whatever it is you want.

I go back into hibernation now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
UnknownLefty95  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that we need to worry about fresh issues for a little while now. The things that still need to be discussed in detail are:

GH: Warriors of Rock
Rock Band 3
The terribleness of Power Gig
SHNews as always
the latest DLC as always.

As for creativeness, I think that Starpower doesn't donate enough time to discussing DLC. To me "DLC Roundup" means naming what came out with no real discussion or review. This could be Starpower's big chance to come back and be different: by discussing DLC a lot more on the podcast. I don't care if it takes one whole episode to just talk about six months work of DLC (i would enjoy that and it would probably lead me to buy some more DLC that I think is good), but it needs to be done.

I know ranting can usually lead to trolling, but maybe the return of SPRants is in order. They are a great laugh and I love listening to them again and again.

Also, the sound effects should make a return. It brings a new dimension to the podcast, and right at the time when I DID consider losing interest. Maybe not as over the top as ep30 though.

These are only my thoughts. You guys in charge might not think they are worth doing, but these might last you another three to five episodes before you REALLY have to clutch at straws for creativity ideas.

Much better username than my SH one, don't ya think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrElectricNick
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to the first few episodes, and listen to what you guys did then. Then compare that with what you do now.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
RevZip  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo...with the announcement today, what is going to happen to Star Power?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RevZip wrote:
Sooo...with the announcement today, what is going to happen to Star Power?

It'll likely change to Rock Band. But, I can imagine that Episode 32 will be R.I.P. Guitar Hero/Best of Starpower, or Best of SP will be episode #33. That is just speculation, though.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:00 PM EDT

we will be having a podcast about the end of Guitar Hero

if you are interested you can record a short audio clip detailing your fave GH memories (under 5 min) and send it to no1_butu@Hotmail.com and we will select some for our final edit to include.

Probably go live on http://starpowerpodcast.com also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 27 of 33

Jump to: