ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Street Fighter X Tekken/Tekken X Street Fighter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Incognito  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game is looking good to me, some of those combos look pretty crazy (well, maybe not on the SFxT engine, but that stuff would be nuts on SSF4 engine).

I'm REALLY hoping you'll be able to play 2v2 co-op online with this game.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really fun, I'm excited! Although the graphics seem a bit iffy to me, kind of choppy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Looks really fun, I'm excited! Although the graphics seem a bit iffy to me, kind of choppy.

Its still really early in development. I wouldn't really account that into the equation.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Its still really early in development. I wouldn't really account that into the equation.

^ QFT ^

Seriously, people. This game probably isn't going to come out until like Fall of 2012 or after. MAYBE Spring, but I highly doubt it. I can still hear them using some SF character sounds for the Tekken cast simply because that's how early the development process they are. Capcom just releases this stuff early so they can continue to build hype and settle-down fans. If you're already forming prejudices and drawing uneducated conclusions like a retard (WhYYZ), then you should just stop following any game's development, ever.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really interesting. It seems like the the two sides are keeping the identity of their engines somewhat. Street Fighter characters seem to extend their combos by linking multiple Special cancels, where as the Tekken characters seem to be doing more floor bounce/OTG stuff.

Seems like a pretty sick idea, as long as it's balanced.

And yeah, it's ugly right now, but the same was true of the early SF4 gameplay trailers, all the animations, especially for the new characters like Abel were really clunky and awkward looking.

Also, assuming Charge characters are still charge characters in this game, it's interesting to see Guile tag in and do a flash kick before it would seem he has charge for it, i wonder if they tag in with full down-back charge set already? Or whether the tag extender is preset like an Assist?

Yes, i'm playing theory fighter already, leave me alone

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
This looks really interesting. It seems like the the two sides are keeping the identity of their engines somewhat. Street Fighter characters seem to extend their combos by linking multiple Special cancels, where as the Tekken characters seem to be doing more floor bounce/OTG stuff.

And yeah, it's ugly right now, but the same was true of the early SF4 gameplay trailers, all the animations, especially for the new characters like Abel were really clunky and awkward looking.

Also, assuming Charge characters are still charge characters in this game, it's interesting to see Guile tag in and do a flash kick before it would seem he has charge for it, i wonder if they tag in with full down-back charge set already? Or whether the tag extender is preset like an Assist?

That's actually a great observation. I didn't really notice that the SF characters were canceling more than the Tekken cast, and that the Tekken peeps were bouncing. I think there will definitely be a blend of both per character, though. Just like they gave Ryu his Joudan Sokutou Geri for this game. I'm expecting combos to get really zany as time passes. It looks like they are still just slapping some characters into the SSF4 engine to show off what it's going to be like without actually getting to deep in the off-the-wall crazyness.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:

I noticed that immediately. Yes it looks like the charge does count, because the last hit was a crouching hit, then a tag, then another crouching hit, then the flash kick.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilpacman18 wrote:
. Soul Calibur definitely has some really impressive stuff that makes you feel accomplished. I remember when I finally learned how to do this combo with Cassandra that takes away about 3/4 of the opponent's health.

Soul Calibur is a joke: and here's why. Skip to 2:14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozv6C87B50I

Any fighting game with ringouts as easy as that have no place in the tournament world. I think Hilde was even banned.

Edit: I suppose I should contribute to this thread in some meaningful way. I'll definitely be picking up both games, but I've been learning SSF4 lately so I'll probably only really play SF X T. Chun-li looks awesome from the gameplay video.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:

That's what I figured. I really didn't know how long from now it was going to be released, but I thought it was fairly early in development. Not sure why I left that out of my post haha.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stlye of this game dont bother at all. But if the game can keep delivering as much as it is showing this may replace CvS2 as the greatest 2D fighter imo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito wrote:
Game is looking good to me, some of those combos look pretty crazy (well, maybe not on the SFxT engine, but that stuff would be nuts on SSF4 engine).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-18-ono-teases-four-player-sf-x-tekken

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:
If you're already forming prejudices and drawing uneducated conclusions like a retard (WhYYZ), then you should just stop following any game's development, ever.

Really? Learn to read dude.

@ Sottle That's win! (So is your avatar BTW)

Last edited by WhYYZ on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Enchiridion wrote:
If you're already forming prejudices and drawing uneducated conclusions like a retard (WhYYZ), then you should just stop following any game's development, ever.

If you think his avatar is win... you should see his yoyo videos.

And... I think SF vs Tekken is going to be absolutely epic now. Who wants to be my partner? XD
Incognito  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Incognito wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-18-ono-teases-four-player-sf-x-tekken

Do want!

Getting more and more excited for this game!
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
Enchiridion wrote:

If you think his avatar is win... you should see his yoyo videos.

And... I think SF vs Tekken is going to be absolutely epic now. Who wants to be my partner? XD

I will in more ways than one buddy
I call King
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: