Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If buffalo can win the next two games (vs. jets, @cowboys), I think we've got a sure fire playoff spot, we'll be 7-2 with 2 games against the dolphins and one against the broncos. If our defense plays like that the rest of the season, the sky is the limit. It's ashame we played an injured and crappy redskins team.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on the Jets' side of things, if they beat the Bills next week and the Pats after that, they'll be in first place in the division. The problem is those games are no walk in the park. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolchargers. What happened to this team?

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
And on the Jets' side of things, if they beat the Bills next week and the Pats after that, they'll be in first place in the division. The problem is those games are no walk in the park. XD

I think this year the bills and jets will split the home games, the games should be interesting. Hopefully the defense that showed up against the redskins does the same this week. Oh and we probably get our deep threat Donald Jones back

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Rivers sucks, that's what happened. One of the radio shows put like this today: he's that kid on the playground who always talked too much, bragged about how good he was, then whined whenever something didn't go his way. You tolerate it if he's playing well, but the moment he slips up you're ready to sock him in the mouth.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Philip Rivers sucks, that's what happened. One of the radio shows put like this today: he's that kid on the playground who always talked too much, bragged about how good he was, then whined whenever something didn't go his way. You tolerate it if he's playing well, but the moment he slips up you're ready to sock him in the mouth.

this is pretty much dead-on

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also doesn't help that Norv Turner is probably one of the worst coaches in NFL history. He constantly has his guys playing nowhere near up to their talent level, and just seems to do the most idiotic things over and over.

Chargers are definitely a talented team, but they'll only go as far as Rivers and Turner will take them, which isn't very far.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I remember Rex Ryan saying something like this a couple weeks ago. XD (I'm still not a fan of him saying that because of it actually insulting the Jets organization.)

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

Also doesn't help that the Chargers good stats are hardly indicative of their actual play. From everything I've seen, the defense has taken a pretty sizable hit with Rivera going to Carolina. I commented in the preseason that SD looked susceptible to the run and it looks like they've only really been getting worse at it. Weddle looks like he might somewhat be worth the obscene amount of money he got, but it's not really that great otherwise. Their offense is great when Rivers is doing good, but Sproles bolting (lolpun) to the Saints hurt the big-play abilities of the team. Sproles is a dangerous checkdown, and losing that meant that the defense had one less playmaker to worry about. Mathews is looking okay, but the team is pretty removed from the elite LT days. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this team in 3rd in the division soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:
It also doesn't help that Norv Turner is probably one of the worst coaches in NFL history. He constantly has his guys playing nowhere near up to their talent level, and just seems to do the most idiotic things over and over.

Chargers are definitely a talented team, but they'll only go as far as Rivers and Turner will take them, which isn't very far.

Yeah, calling two plays instead of simply kneeling and/or kicking it wasn't exactly brilliant either. Granted, a fumble between a center and QB happens maybe once every 150 exchanges, but why bother leaving anything to chance?

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out... the Colts paid off the Saints to let the Rams beat them so that the Colts would be the only team without a win (other than MIA) and could better their chances of getting Luck. LOL.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I praying to Luck to go to the Colts myself. I do not want Andrew Luck in my division.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Luck hype is ridiculous. Here's the thing - Luck is NOT going to be the next Manning or Elway or anything. The thing about Luck is that he's the most pro-ready QB to come out of the draft since Manning. He can come in and start right away and that's fine and dandy, but quite frankly his ceiling really isn't all that high. He reminds me of an Eli Manning type, where he's ready to step in immediately, but he isn't as physically gifted as some of those guys with those incredible ceilings when it comes to how good they can be (Stafford, JaMarcus Russell, etc)

Don't buy the Luck hype train, ROBERT GRIFFEN 4 LYFE
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it comes to qbs coming into the league, i've learned to be quiet ever since i thought cam newton would be horrible in the nfl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I've learned that the Chargers are the AFC's version of the Cowboys. Rivers is having the kind of year Brees had last year: lots of yards, but way too many INT's, though you know he's still an elite QB. I think if a Chargers/Cowboys Super Bowl ever happened, the media would have an orgasm. Oddly enough, I predicted that back in 2009, when it was Saints/Colts. Whoops! <_<

2) I don't consider myself great at analyzing college prospects, but I like what I've seen from Andrew Luck in college. Predicting his NFL prospects is pointless for me, since you never know how someone's pro career will wind up. From what I've seen though, I don't get the impression work ethic is an issue, or determination. At the same time, plenty of NFL careers are unpredictable. Guys like Kurt Warner, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, and Arian Foster weren't even drafted. The list of high round busts is endless too.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 42 of 111

Jump to: