ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
League of Legends (General MOBA Thread?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to need to gank to keep up, almost definitely. The more medicore junglers, and gold-dependent junglers are probably going to be hurt by this patch (I am entirely unsure if jungle GP is going to be worth it now, I might only play him top at this point). The strong junglers like Udyr get stronger I'd imagine. GP10 is going to be more worth it, I think. I mean, HoG or philo stone was already amazing on a bunch of junglers anyway. Especially if you fail more than like, a single gank, it's going to be necessary I think.

Prediction: Nunu makes a comeback this patch. Being able to steal the HP-regen jungle mobs should be pretty awesome.

Also joke about Awareness not giving you level 4.

Edit: On second thought I'm probably really wrong about Gangplank.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jungle is god awful now. No need for Junglers any more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wouldn't go that far.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
Well I wouldn't go that far.

Nocturne level 5 7 minutes in. No thanks. Nerfed TOO hard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. New masteries make the jungle faster than ever. Jungle changes makes it slower than ever.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, the feedback for this brave new jungle has been pretty overwhelmingly negative, even if you adjust for the "it's different so it sucks" crowd (which is always pretty big). Not that it should matter as much as it does, but seemingly every ~high elo~ career jungler (saint, oddone, stonewall if you count him) is shitting all over it. The only person I've seen defend it is Jatt, and his argument is basically "don't shit on it until we've experienced it a bit." I'm inclined to agree with Jatt, but 1) I haven't played in a real game with it yet 2) I don't think we'll get the chance to experience it anyway. At the very least, I expect experience to get adjusted sooner rather than later.

Also Gangplank's in-game portrait makes him look like the Burger King now. I think that counts as a buff.

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even a full 24 hours: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17854392#post17854392

I try to think Riot is improving with their recent track record (the new masteries were totally a success), but shit like this really makes me think they haven't changed. They make an awesome game, but I'm never totally convinced they know why it's awesome.

Edit: It does amuse me that Riot is getting a lot of applause for "fixing" something (or at least taking the first steps towards fixing) that they themselves broke on the same day. Like yeah, good on them for not going the smug route of telling players how they should play the game (I am certain not everyone would agree, but for me the perfect example of this is Diablo 2 patch 1.10), but uh, that doesn't forgive having a feature (for lack of a better term - "balance" isn't quite right here) go live and have a near-consensus that it sucks. It could easily imply that they're completely out of touch with their users, that the intended mission of this change wasn't made clear enough by the developers, or (a reason I'm not too fond of for various reasons) the players are just unwelcoming to change. The latter reason bothers me in this particular instance since the jungle hasn't changed too much prior to this point (off the top of my head, the position of red/blue changed in its camp, red buff changed from a flat slow to being different for melee and ranged, and maybe a couple of other things I'm forgetting, masteries overhaul notwithstanding?).

This isn't anything unique to Riot, for what it's worth (I don't want to feel like I'm saying RIOT GAMES IS THE WORST DEVELOPER EVER because again, they make a really fun game). It's just amusing that "you accepted that you fucked up in a short amount of time!" is an admirable trait for a developer. While it is certainly better than a developer being stubborn about such things, it still sets the bar painfully low.

God I write too many words. Maybe it's time to start a blog.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
It's just amusing that "you accepted that you fucked up in a short amount of time!" is an admirable trait for a developer.

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be? I'd rather a developer recognize that they screwed up and listen to the community than just completely ignore them. Admitting that they screwed up and take responsibility for it should be an admirable trait for ANYONE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not colossally screwing up in the first place is a much better one. Like the whole point of something like a Public Beta Environment is to avoid shitstorms like that. Hooray! They're good enough to realize they fucked up. Please become good enough to not fuck up like this anymore, thanks.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
Not colossally screwing up in the first place is a much better one. Like the whole point of something like a Public Beta Environment is to avoid shitstorms like that. Hooray! They're good enough to realize they fucked up. Please become good enough to not fuck up like this anymore, thanks.

The PBE is there to test features, not content (Jungle remake, New masteries, champions, etc.). Content like that is tested in the PTR (Which I agree, should be released on the PBE, but it's Riot).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We're working with a "banking" system that has the big mobs in jungle camps build XP and gold rewards over time after being there for a bit (currently, one minute). This caps out after a certain amount of time as well, and while farming heavily is greater than waiting for the bank to build, the bank lessens the need to constantly farm to keep up.

Why this system?

* It rewards ganks and is a bit less punishing on gank attempts that don't result in kills for the jungler. After a gank attempt, the jungler can clear the jungle which has scaled a little bit while they were ganking.

* Smart counter-junglers can watch enemy gank patterns, then kill the big monster to steal the bank that's built and reset it. This adds additional value to counter-jungling in the new jungle on the efficiency side. This will encourage more jungler conflict as well as add tons of opportunities for great counter-junglers to pull ahead.

* It allows junglers to farm and catch up a little better if they fall behind early (Of course, enemies can continue to disrupt this and push the advantage as needed), but the option is there, which creates new strategic options for coming back.

Seems decent enough. Gonna have to try it out today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went over to my friend's house last night ("The Doeminator" in League of Legends) to play a few games and such. I haven't played since about the 24th or so of November. We played 5 games, and won all of them, which was quite a surprise, considering 2 of them I thought for sure we were going to lose (They were stomping us in kills, but we somehow managed to turn it around and win.) I played 2 games as Kassadin, and realized how much I missed him, going 8/4, then 4/7. I also played Talon for two games, going 2/0, then 4/6. Then the last game, I decided to play Master Yi. I got made fun of for quoting the "Pro as heck guide to Master Yi" video on Youtube, so out of spite, I ran that build, and backdoored like a boss. We won this game, going 3/7, and taking out their whole top lane before they noticed, then we pushed mid. This is also the same game where I had an epic Baron steal. Alpha Strike ftw.

tl;dr: Yesterday was a good day for LoL. Nooblords got dunk'd.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, getting compliments from teammates and/or enemies in this game gives me a fuzzy feeling inside. Just had a game where I did everything right, made some clutch plays, and got a chat log full of "pro morg" "ty morg" "morg so good" and the like. Even the snide comments I get sometimes from enemies like "lol carried by morg" feel good. It's nice to be recognised, though I keep feeling compelled to only play Morg since I never seem to be able to carry as hard with anyone else, even AD carries I've been struggling with lately :/

Some interesting stuff coming next patch - Lux is getting buffed, and Veigar is receiving "playability changes". Hopefully Ahri will be released too, been waiting months for her. Guess we'll have to wait and see if any previews come up this week.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swain is very fun. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evelynn on Dominion is hilarious. Don't quite have the balls to play her in SR, but for now this will certainly do for entertainment :P

edit: on an 9 match winning streak as her, including one game where we had Mundo, Eve and Twitch on the same team and a Vlad on the other. Garbage champs unite!

typical lost 10th match because of idiot afk Shyvana. riot hates me

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 45 of 68

Jump to: