ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What it's like taking a hiatus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never took a hiatus. The hiatus took me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i routinely don't play for months at a time, and then when i eventually pick the game back up i can get probably 90~95% of my previous level within an hour or two. it's that last 5~10% that's a pain...however, a lot of the time when i stop it's because i hit a wall and get frustrated with a given song, or just get fed up with gh in general. so, with that in mind, i'm often better than when i was before, simply because i'm not so stressed out about it anymore...at least for a couple of days or a week or so.

i honestly don't think i ever hit my maximum potential, as it would take hours and hours of grinding ridiculously hard sections, which makes me want to throw things through walls and/or scream until my head explodes. my maximum potential would probably be somewhere around a full series fc.

that said, i never made a conscious decision to "quit" guitar hero or "go on hiatus" or what have you, i just have gone through extended periods of time during which i have not wanted to play, and in fact simply the idea of playing gives me mild levels of anxiety. if i were to play during these times, i would experience moderate to high levels of anxiety and mild to moderate levels of depression, which would only be alleviated by getting a good fc, but it's cyclical because if i do get that fc, it just means there's another to do, and if i don't, then i just feel more depressed anyway.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. It's like riding a bike. Once you have it in your spine, it's always there. Just a little practice to get going again.

I pick up git occationally, and it feels real odd (play like every 6th month or so), but after 30-60min it's like I never left off. Or just about.
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, i've never gone more than...a couple weeks over the course of 4 years without playing. So I have no idea what would happen to my skill personally, but it seems like i'd still be able to play competently lol.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get to enjoy many of the harsh realities of life that are kept away when you play guitar hero all the time. Not saying any of those things happened BECAUSE I played guitar hero less but hey the timing syncs up. And I'm still good. If gamingfreak3 can pass Child in Time while on shrooms, well... there goes my greatest GH accomplishment. But there's NO WAY.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
You get to enjoy many of the harsh realities of life that are kept away when you play guitar hero all the time. Not saying any of those things happened BECAUSE I played guitar hero less but hey the timing syncs up. And I'm still good. If gamingfreak3 can pass Child in Time while on shrooms, well... there goes my greatest GH accomplishment. But there's NO WAY.

Was this on Pro Guitar...? Because... Ummm... Doesn't sound too difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Xtresso wrote:

I just assume hes so painfully sober all the time that there's no way he could pull it off

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
Xtresso wrote:

I just assume hes so painfully sober all the time that there's no way he could pull it off

lolol painfully sober.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
ThunderPower  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What it's like taking a hiatus? Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
Well, school is killing me right now. I have a D in Physics still, and at this rate, I think the only way I could get a C right now and maximize my grades in other courses is to where I have pretty much no life outside of school and studying. I may still be able to post here on occasion, though. I will not be able to play GH seriously for a little over 6 weeks starting next week. I'd like to pass my courses, but I'd like to at least maintain my current skill level, too. I'll probably lose skill, but how long would it take to get it back?
I've been on a hiatus for almost 2 years now. It's strange, but after a while you move into doing other things and GH slowly loses its importance in your life. Sometimes I go back and play for a little while but I just stopped having fun with it.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're worrying about a hiatus from a video game, I think there's a much bigger problem at hand.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two pages on taking a break from a video game, wow
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

On a forum dedicated to that video game... yes. Nobody should be surprised.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:

But it's not like you're deciding to take your mother off of life support.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Marbler  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Xtresso wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:

But it's not like you're deciding to take your mother off of life support.

GH has made me who I am... In that sense you could say it's my mother... Neversoft and Activision tried to kill off GH in like February or something, and if anything, we're the only people keeping it really alive...
In other words, IF YOU QUIT, YOU'LL BE HELPING TOWARDS TAKING MY MOTHER OFF LIFE SUPPORT!!! DON'T DO IT PLEASE!!!!!
Lol, jk... A hiatus could really help your playing. Honestly. The only times I've ever taken a hiatus have been really good for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: