SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The 2012 Political Race Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferretgod  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
What the fuck, Dave? I mean I know you're crazy, but still. Santorum?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/megadeth-singer-endorses-rick-santorum-calls-newt-gingrich-164220697.html

I don't see anything crazy about what he said in that article (Insert idiotic "but he dun sed he liked Santorum. That's is crazy, y'all") I've always liked Mustaine, good to see we think similarly. I have always spoke out against celebrities and musicians using their fame as a stage to impose their razor-sharp political views. However, I think Mustaine stayed clear of this for the most part. He basically just stated why he liked Santorum and not the other guys. No bashing or severe name calling.

Although his reason for not liking Mitt wasn't that good. Mitt Romney should not have to apologize for being rich and successful. Ann Coulter wrote a great article about this kinda stuff. I know the mention of her name will make some blood boil here, but it's true.

Btw, people can have a different opinion or perspective here without being called crazy or stupid just for having said difference in opinion. It's pretty immature of you to label people as such simply for endorsing a different candidate than you would like.

I couldn't resist lulz
"I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, because America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." ~Newt Gingrich
"To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." - Thomas Jefferson
"What was wrong with communism wasn't aberrant leadership, it was communism" - William F. Buckley, Jr.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferretgod wrote:
Btw, people can have a different opinion or perspective here without being called crazy or stupid just for having said difference in opinion. It's pretty immature of you to label people as such simply for endorsing a different candidate than you would like.

Absolutely, yes. I should be more clear, I'm not saying that he's crazy just because he likes Santorum. I thought he was sorta crazy already for various reasons, and his "endorsement" of Santorum, and the reasons given, have not convinced me otherwise.
laupow17  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferretgod wrote:
bclare wrote:
What the fuck, Dave? I mean I know you're crazy, but still. Santorum?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/megadeth-singer-endorses-rick-santorum-calls-newt-gingrich-164220697.html

bclare's post implies that he thought Mustaine was crazy before his endorsement of Santorum, not because of his endorsement of Santorum. And Mustaine's political views notwithstanding, Mustaine has done and said some pretty crazy things, so I think referring to him as crazy is not exactly a radical claim (actually, I think the same could be said of Santorum, but that's a debate for a different day...)

Speaking of Santorum.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57377175-503544/poll-rick-santorum-takes-slight-lead-in-gop-race/

Yikes.

EDIT: ninjaed by bclare himself.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still refuse to make anything of Santorum's lead because once again he's just the guy that's in the spotlight right now.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
googleimage  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Santorum's lead predicts absolutely nothing, but there is, in fact, one significant thing you can make out of it:

"OMFGWTF, there's a major party out there that even temporarily thinks Rick "man-on-dog" Santorum is a viable candidate".

I'd say they're scraping the bottom of the barrel, but I'm not that hostile towards barrels. I don't blame Republican voters for being a little bit fickle with the current crop of candidates.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
I still refuse to make anything of Santorum's lead because once again he's just the guy that's in the spotlight right now.

It really makes you appreciate how truly devoid of charisma Huntsman was, because he was the only one of the final eight candidates to never lead in the polls... whereas even some non-candidates like Trump did.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it, all of the other candidates have "charisma" for all the wrong reasons: Cain the sexual deviant, Trump the Mr. Burns impersonator, Newt the mean girl, Bachmann the crazy person, Rick Perry the anti-intellectual shit-kicker, Mitt the vulture-capitalist... no wonder the comparative blank slate, Jon Huntsman, is the most attractive to non-Conservatives.

I guess Ron Paul isn't going to get his turn.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingrich's post-speech music is Real American. I love it.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romney won Michigan.

[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Ron Paul and his followers are apparently convinced that they currently have more delegates than anybody else in the race. What do you guys make of this?

youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
So, Ron Paul and his followers are apparently convinced that they currently have more delegates than anybody else in the race. What do you guys make of this?

I'm going to assume that something got lost in translation here, as it's pretty trivial to go pretty much anywhere to verify that Paul has the fourth-highest number of delegates at the moment. In lieu of evidence suggesting otherwise, I'd be hard pressed to believe that even the most ardent of supporter would refute that sort of data.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is that for many of the caucuses that have been held so far, the delegates were not chosen. This actually happens later in the process, and Paul's people feel they have been able to stack the nomination process in enough places that they will have the delegates when it counts. So in Iowa, for example, you could have Paul getting all the delegates regardless of how the vote went.
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
The idea is that for many of the caucuses that have been held so far, the delegates were not chosen. This actually happens later in the process, and Paul's people feel they have been able to stack the nomination process in enough places that they will have the delegates when it counts. So in Iowa, for example, you could have Paul getting all the delegates regardless of how the vote went.

Ah, I see. I guess on paper, that sort of thing is possible in the most technical sense. In practice, "defecting delegates!" feels like it's in the same boat as "faithless Electoral College electors!" and "brokered conventions!" and "what if the Electoral College ended in a tie?" Would that sort of thing make for riveting political theater? No doubt in my mind! Is that sort of thing terribly likely to go down? Given the frequency with which it hasn't happened in the past, not really. As extraordinary claims generally require extraordinary proofs/evidences, I'll believe it when I see it.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santorum wins Alabama, may also win Mississippi.

EDIT: Yup, gets Mississippi. Of course Romney will probably take Hawaii and American Samoa and end up doing just as well in delegates. But this is a bad night for Mittens, and especially a bad night for Newton who can really only stay in now to be a douche to Santorum.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Newton who can really only stay in now to be a douche to Santorum.

This is the only part of Gingrich's platform I support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 20 of 32

Jump to: