ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
vVv's GH Invitational - All Tournament Videos Are Now Up!!! (3/22/12)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awh man, no gamer grub for me

Oh well, best of luck to everyone though!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
ukogmonkey, The-B.O.D., WhYYZ, McSkinny, smokyprogg, Confury, adohuu, flockemokke, acezero, HellAshes, GanonMetroid.

I'm honored to be in this list BTW.

Don't be too honored. Not to say you aren't an amazing player (you're certainly far far far better at GH than me), but that was mainly just a list of people who went to the G4G tournament and lost.

Anyways, really sad I can't participate in this one. Chances to get my ass this heavily kicked don't come around that often
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
WhYYZ wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
ukogmonkey, The-B.O.D., WhYYZ, McSkinny, smokyprogg, Confury, adohuu, flockemokke, acezero, HellAshes, GanonMetroid.

I'm honored to be in this list BTW.

Don't be too honored. Not to say you aren't an amazing player (you're certainly far far far better at GH than me), but that was mainly just a list of people who went to the G4G tournament and lost.

Anyways, really sad I can't participate in this one. Chances to get my ass this heavily kicked don't come around that often

It's actually just the people in the tournament that I definitely feel people would think would be better than I am at GH that I managed to place higher than. Most people would just look out our scores or best FCs and assuming that all of them > me, but that's not always the case, especially in tournament play. We definitely hope your take part in our next one, assuming this one goes well and there actually is a next one that is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i'd love to participate in something like this. I know I wouldn't win but it'd be pretty fun lol. Good luck to all!
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradmasta wrote:
Man i'd love to participate in something like this. I know I wouldn't win but it'd be pretty fun lol. Good luck to all!

Forgot to mention one critical thing earlier in the thread... we want everyone to play together after the event! Tune in and watch the stream. After the tournament concludes, hop on XBL and play some games together!

Search for pro face off on Warriors of Rock and we'll have a huge pool of players to choose from. There is a good chance you'll even be matched up against one of the players from the tournament

Hope you'll tune in on March 10th, and stick around to play after!

Also! For those curious... the brackets will be released on either Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as they are out, we will start our prediction contest. Top prediction gets a prize!
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the stream going to work? Are you having a 3rd party be in every match to remove the activation lag and to stream each round?
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
How is the stream going to work? Are you having a 3rd party be in every match to remove the activation lag and to stream each round?

From the rules...

Matches will be hosted by the higher seeded player. The exception to this will be streamed matches. Any match being streamed will be hosted by the tournament hosts.

Third party in this case will be me. I'll have overlays to only show the two players in the match. We won't be able to stream every match since that would take all day. The current plan is to stream a match per round and to stream the matches with the best storylines behind them. The goal is for the stream to be as spectator friendly as possible.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! It would have been hilarious if you got Tanked to enter since he works for TwitchTV now but I don't think he'd play his Xbox let alone GH
on3manband  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I get in on this? I'd love to play against the vVv crew.

Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on3manband wrote:
Could I get in on this? I'd love to play against the vVv crew.

We'll definitely like to have a larger tournament open to everyone in the future assuming this one goes well. This tournament we wanted to keep it small to make sure everything runs smoothly and that people will actually watch, so we invited just the more well-known tournament players in the US in addition to a few of the bigger names. If everyone helps us market this and everyone tunes into watch on the 10th, there's a pretty good chance we'll do a bigger one for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, what is the GMT hour of the beginning of the tournament ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Please, what is the GMT hour of the beginning of the tournament ?

Eastern Standard Time should be GMT -5 hours. So the tournament should begin at 11pm GMT/UTC.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Sintherius  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna PREDICT. BWAHH.

Oh and, MGC, joined vVv, did good things, best storyline ever. <3
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, dude i am so fucked in this tournament. i feel like gohan when buu shows up. i used to be awesome, but haven't kept up with it in forever, so even though compared to 99.999% of people i'm still amazing, i'm playing against people in the top of that .001%. but, as brock pointed out, anything can happen.the thing is, a lot of these people can hit lots of notes *and* squeeze like mothers, so yeah this is going to be interesting.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
lol, dude i am so fucked in this tournament. i feel like gohan when buu shows up. i used to be awesome, but haven't kept up with it in forever, so even though compared to 99.999% of people i'm still amazing, i'm playing against people in the top of that .001%. but, as brock pointed out, anything can happen.the thing is, a lot of these people can hit lots of notes *and* squeeze like mothers, so yeah this is going to be interesting.

You got a week and a half to learn to hit notes and get good scores. DO WORK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: