ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Slender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Slender Reply with quote

I wouldn't really put it in the video game genre, but it's nevertheless a game. Have any of you guys played it? If so, then just discuss about it on this thread ;p.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvYrA9rCjy4&feature=g-all-u
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen enough gameplay of it to know that no way in hell would I attempt to play it. As much as I love horror games, I just can't play them for very long.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a REALLY...REALLY...awful game. I'll give it that it does fairly well in the creep department, but you could do that with anything as long as it's really dark and and has ominous ambient sounds. It looks like a crappy mod for Half-Life 2 and once you see the Slenderman, it's hard to be truly scared when you realize the model is so laughably done. I got the jump scare of him showing up and then was just "What...That's him? Oh my god that model is bad lol"

It is not the next Amnesia as I've seen some say. At least that game feels like a proper game.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
and once you see the Slenderman, it's hard to be truly scared when you realize the model is so laughably done. I got the jump scare of him showing up and then was just "What...That's him? Oh my god that model is bad lol"

lol this was my exact same reaction. If you ask me, the Slenderman from LittleKuriboh's Concrete Giraffes video would have been scarier .

MSH-Hitman wrote:
It is not the next Amnesia as I've seen some say. At least that game feels like a proper game.

There are people saying this is as scary as THAT game? LOL

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:
and once you see the Slenderman, it's hard to be truly scared when you realize the model is so laughably done. I got the jump scare of him showing up and then was just "What...That's him? Oh my god that model is bad lol"

lol this was my exact same reaction. If you ask me, the Slenderman from LittleKuriboh's Concrete Giraffes video would have been scarier .

MSH-Hitman wrote:

There are people saying this is as scary as THAT game? LOL

Some yes. I watched a video of someone playing it and freaking out by getting caught, like it took her a minute to regain her composure after screeching out lol Maybe that's just her, but this is a really poor game lol
slfan68  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy game, but for people like me Slender's jump scares get me every time. I mainly just play with buddies to see who can get the most pages. Also, this game is very good for laughs if you have someone in your family who is clueless. My brother has never played a game on PC, and now he probably never will since I managed to get him to play Slender haha.
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how in the hell people manage to compare Slender to Amnesia when the atmosphere is nowhere near Amnesia among many other things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, went and played it. It was worse than I thought it would be XD. Streamed it not too long ago with my first impressions, and you can watch a recording of it here: http://www.twitch.tv/qarx64/b/326730387 (skip to around 14 minutes in, I was trying to help Davers get the stream to work for him).

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
I don't know how in the hell people manage to compare Slender to Amnesia when the atmosphere is nowhere near Amnesia among many other things.

It's just..."Dark and Creepy", automatically means Amnesia now lol I may not like Amnesia, but at least that had proper scares...true, it was a proper game and Slender looks like it was made over the weekend, but it doesn't make up for the fact that Slender is just boring.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that relies on jump scares shouldn't be considered horror or even scary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: