Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Between the Buried and Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Parallax-II-Future-Sequence/dp/B008YQQA0G/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1345494439&sr=301-3

This is the best BTBAM I've heard in a long time, and these are just PREVIEWS. Wow, I want this album fucking NOW.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Metalteo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the previews have been pulled, but here's a "making of" video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0zKwKtzS0&feature=g-all-u
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARALLAX 2 LEAKED HOLY SHIT BEST BTBAM ALBUM EVER

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know I'm going to regret not getting around to preordering it. God dammit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two playthroughs of this monster of an album already. The 1st time through was just a "WHOA WHAT JUST HAPPENED" sort of feeling. The 2nd time through I heard a million things I didn't hear the first time and again got the "WHOA I HEARD IT THAT TIME BUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED" feeling.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
I now know I'm going to regret not getting around to preordering it. God dammit.

Me and my astronaut suit will have pity on you.
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
PARALLAX 2 LEAKED HOLY SHIT BEST BTBAM ALBUM EVER
Only half way through and I couldn't of said it better myself, it's so damn incredible and just beautiful. It reminds me of a metal opera
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it now I REALLY regret not pre-ordering the vinyl version. All sold out except for the CD version...oh well...

It still sounds incredible from what I've heard on here holy fuck can't wait

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not afraid to do this now. Probably 20 listens in at this point already. I'm throwing this album at the top of my list. That puts it above...GASP...Colors. (OMG HELLASHES HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT COLORS IS DA BEST ALBUM EVAR)

1. Parallax II: Future Sequence
2. Colors
3. Silent Circus
4. Alaska
5. Parallax I: Hypersleep Dialogues
6. The Great Misdirect
7. Self-Titled

Bam

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I listened to Parallax 2, and the verdict is, I like it but the thing is for me, I can't rank BTBAM albums because they all have their own distinct sound and environment and I love all of their albums the same. If anything, it would look like
1. Colors
2. The rest
Colors is just kind of like that happy medium between their more heavy/metalcore-y stuff (S/T, Circus, Alaska) and their spacey progressive stuff (TGM, Parallax, Parallax II). I just like it as the perfect bundle of BTBAM.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have only listened to Parallax 2 once, but from what I've noticed, and Otend has made obvious, the mixing on it is very lenient towards big sound. I mean, just look at it. That is a prime example of some loudness war shit.

Other than that, I feel like the fact that having so many short songs was a big problem on this album, considering it really isn't something they do. All those songs were very brief, and did not stand out to me at all. At this point I don't think the idea of taking the concept and style from Parallax 1 was a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished listening to it. On my second run-through right now. Holy shit, this album could be better than Colors to me. Still have to make sure it isn't just the newness.

spoiler wrote:
it isn't

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
I still have only listened to Parallax 2 once, but from what I've noticed, and Otend has made obvious, the mixing on it is very lenient towards big sound. I mean, just look at it. That is a prime example of some loudness war shit.

Other than that, I feel like the fact that having so many short songs was a big problem on this album, considering it really isn't something they do. All those songs were very brief, and did not stand out to me at all. At this point I don't think the idea of taking the concept and style from Parallax 1 was a good one.

I noticed that too, it made the...not-clean vocals sound like crap. Same thing happened with Nile's new album and the guitar (at least to me it sounds like crap). Clean vocals are good though, and speaking of the short songs, Bloom is my favorite on the album
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Yeah I'm not afraid to do this now. Probably 20 listens in at this point already. I'm throwing this album at the top of my list. That puts it above...GASP...Colors. (OMG HELLASHES HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT COLORS IS DA BEST ALBUM EVAR)

I'm only about halfway there (to 20 listens) but I would say Parallax II is probably tops for me too (followed in some order by Colors, TGM, and Parallax I). A lot of it sounds like Alaska moreso than Colors; there's one synth riff that sounds exactly the same as the beginning of Alaska but a slightly different pattern.

The one thing I noticed about the mix was that the changes from one song to the next seem more drastic; maybe that's just shitty files that I have though. We'll see if the mix / editing in the actual release is any different.

Oh, and I have to tell Metal Blade's store what name I want embroidered on my space suit. Suggestions?
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the last making of video (am listening through for like the 10th time too) The musical experimenting is just awesome, violin, flute, tuba, xylophone, just fucking fantastic
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38

Jump to: