ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
resident evil 6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: resident evil 6? Reply with quote

The reviews are mixed between horrible and average and none hat are great. Im just curious what some actual players think about it.

Like many i wanted this game to be amazing but now im just wondering if its playable or even worth buying?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is somewhere in the middle of the reviews out there. I'm only at the end of Chapter 3 in Leons campaign, but I'm enjoying it. See people give it a 3 or a 4.5 out of 10 seems unnecessarily harsh. So far I think it's better than RE5, just cause it's nice to have some proper controls, but there are issues such as too many QTE's, camera is abit too close, and there is way too many ridiculous scenarios for Leon to be in and survive, but I think if you played RE5 and liked it, I don't see how someone couldn't really like RE6, at least so far to me.

It's EASILY playable, easily worth a rental, buyable is dependent on maybe your opinion of the series right now. I honestly don't think it's as shitty as some reviews are making it out to be. Destructoid gave RE5 a 9/8.5, but RE6 a 3 and that doesn't make alot of sense to me. The game does take a number of missteps, but I'm very much enjoying my playthrough.
meister  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it today. I don't remember ever dying this much in a RE game before lol. Unless there is some shortcut to changing weapons and using items, I think the way they did that is stupid. Even just playing single player I have died trying to switch weapons because it doesn't pause the game. Maybe I have just gotten worse at video games, but I died 12 times in the first chapter >_> I'll just have to see if I can get used to it I guess

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
I just got it today. I don't remember ever dying this much in a RE game before lol. Unless there is some shortcut to changing weapons and using items, I think the way they did that is stupid. Even just playing single player I have died trying to switch weapons because it doesn't pause the game. Maybe I have just gotten worse at video games, but I died 12 times in the first chapter >_> and it kept saying to use skill points to help but I can't figure out how to use them because it doesn't say and there isn't a manual with the game. I'll just have to see if I can get used to it I guess

Uhh, D-Pad changes your items quickly and you use skill points either before you go into the campaign, you see "Skill Settings" after you click campaign or at the end of the chapter.
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I l=just looked online and saw about the skills so I edited that out, but I'll try figuring out the weapons and do chapter 2 now

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enjoyed RE5 then this game will be good for you.

However, if you're like me and went into this hoping for a return to form in survival horror prepare for all your hopes to be thrown out the window. As instead all your hopes of survival horror goodness are replaced by generic 3rd person shooter blandness.

For me personally I'd rate this game around 3-4 out of 10 (granted I would've put RE5 around the same), but if you like most modern set piece based action games you'll probably enjoy it. They just personally bore me to tears.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pretty easily rate it a 7 right now :\ I don't think it should lose points at all for not being a survival horror game, when it hasn't been a real survival horror game in a long time. If anything, at least the controls are the best they've ever been, they just need to take the basic controls (Lose the cover system and diving crap) and put it into a straight up survival horror release. Make it an offshoot game if they don't want the main title to be that anymore. Like what they were trying to do with Operation Raccoon City, but rather than a squad based action shooter, make it a single person survival horror game with inventory management and some real scares.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much losing points for not being a survival horror. It's more losing points for being mind-numbingly boring and cliched to me.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following post is coming someone who's been accused of being a RE fan in denial, so take it with a grain of salt.

Nubnut wrote:
It's not so much losing points for not being a survival horror. It's more losing points for being mind-numbingly boring and cliched to me.

That's acceptable to me. I fucking hate when people criticize it for not being survival horror. To me that's like criticizing Super Mario 64 for not being a 2D platformer. It never claimed to be one. The genre of RE6 is dramatic horror, which suites. It's an over-the-top, unnecessarily cinematic, almost interactive-movie-styled game, and that's exactly what they were going for. The series is evolving, and if you don't like it, stop playing it. The fact of the matter is (as much much as it upsets even me), RE is never going back to the original formula because it stopped selling.

As for the game itself, I played through all three campaigns (SPOILER: I haven't played through the unlockable Ada campaign yet), and loved almost ever second of it. Leon's campaign started off painfully slow, and there were a number of similarly slow parts in Jake's. Outside of those, the game was great fun, if a little easy (played split-screen co-op on normal difficulty my first playthrough). Your character controls the best they ever have in the series (though one of the elements that made the originals so great was the very limited control scheme) in my opinion. You've never had such precise, fluid control, and the dodging mechanics only enhance that. The cover mechanics almost seemed like an afterthought and I almost never used them, which definitely hurts my score. But that's honestly one of my only complaints. Loved the story (yeah, it's over the top), which was only made better by great cut-scenes and, for the first time in the series, excellent voice direction. Loved the characters (What? Chris has a personality?). Just loved it. Simmons was lame, but eh. I'd honestly give this game an 8.5-9.

Also, for those who may not know, you can rearrange the order of your weapons from the inventory screen. Once I found that out, combat was way simplified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: