ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S17 - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Expert Guitar - Congrats elScarecrow!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, Satch Boogie this week...well at least none of you have to worry about being in last for that song, as I've already pitched a tent there

Fug wrote:
MOM is the easiest imo. The only hard part about the song is listening to it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I be tick-glitching on Toy Boy's prechoruses? I'm not quite sure how (or if) it works on that song, but my FC + path score was really low. Any help?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
guitar is overstrumming. looks like i'm done with this weeks songs. time to find a backup guitar...

Feeling good about week one clean sweep? I haven't even played PMU yet (I haven't had that much time this week, and I'm not really expecting an FC at this point). And I know of more points on all the other songs. But I'd say that I have one pretty competitive score that might put your sweep at risk. I'm not expecting it though.

You were right with Band on the Run 1st overall too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang I thought I would be more competitive, but I guess I need to try even harder. Can't believe Bj0rn beat my Band on the Run score haha. Satch Boogie is going to be an absolute pain this week.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmk, I wasn't as terrible as I thought.

This extra hour I spent on Assassin to get this extra 400 was pointless league-wise, but at least that's a redux wooh ! Pretty Vacant had bad ticks but still better than what I had before, so I'm fine with it. BotR was surprisingly hard to squeeze And I wasn't expecting much on PMU : haven't played Xgtr in a (way too) long time.

Week 2 songs gosh... not even expecting to get a new score on Satch. American Woman is cool, although a little long... Same for Toy Boy, with those obnoxious sustains that'll be fun. SHA will cause cramps in my hand too...

Fun, fun, fun, fun, looking forward to the next week... with even more terrible songs to play
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what I did wrong on BOTR. Is that path on PH correct? Because I never got anywhere close. >.<

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really happy with that Wasn't expecting 2nd at all, and I new the BotR score sucked, so... yeah Also, Satch Boogie... we meet again

Not expecting an FC, but an F FC would be nice. Other songs are also annoying, but I've needed to improve my SHA score for ages, so I guess that's cool :P
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin: Ugh... Spent too long trying to combo up to the strumming. May be my best score of the week, but never again.

Band on the Run: I thought I did alright. Suppose not :/

Pretty Vacant: SRFC, funnilly enough.

Pull Me Under: Sightread. It took me ages to unlock it, as I hadn't played any of Career. I wasn't even aware I was missing a song on my game... Got another ten or so FCs playing through the career mode, so no real loss.

This week. Satch Boogie. How will I manage this ;~;
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
guitar is overstrumming. looks like i'm done with this weeks songs. time to find a backup guitar...

Feeling good about week one clean sweep? I haven't even played PMU yet (I haven't had that much time this week, and I'm not really expecting an FC at this point). And I know of more points on all the other songs. But I'd say that I have one pretty competitive score that might put your sweep at risk. I'm not expecting it though.

nicely done. in retrospect i should have spend more time on BOTR instead of pretty vacant- i was expecting more competition on that one. oop haha

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYnaveCayQ&feature=youtu.be

yayayaya

also yay for satch not showing up in playoffs wooooooooooo

Last edited by elScarecrow on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:

Inb4 Hot For Teacher in the final. There's no way it's not gonna happen.
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling for Monsoon in the final.

Too bad Satch did NOT show up in the playoffs. At least I wouldn't have had to play it.

Anyone else is having cramps in their hand when playing 3B twice in a row on practice ? Or after 2 measures of F on Satch ? Talking about legit cramps : hand is closing on its own and presses all the frets at the same time, have to Pause and remove left fingers with my right hand.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Bj0rn wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:

nicely done. in retrospect i should have spend more time on BOTR instead of pretty vacant- i was expecting more competition on that one. oop haha

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtYnaveCayQ&feature=youtu.be

yayayaya

Thanks! In retrospect I should have spent more time on all the other songs instead of BOTR . Even after I got that score I tried to get more, since I had Fug's ticks on one run, and 8 more on the second activation another time (x78). I'm only guessing and hoping for the best with extended sustains though.

For the rest of the songs, I expected myself to do better on all of them. For example, on Assassin, I hit the first squeeze many times (4 times in a row), but I still always screwed up some other activation. And it may not come as a surprise that my most common mistake (this goes for any song) was hitting select and strumming at the same time. I assume that's not a problem once you've grown accustomed to the way it works in practically every game except GH3? Or do the pros make this mistake occasionally too? In GH3, hitting select too late happens very, very rarely to me.

Nice job with the Assassin re-optimal! And I was about to post earlier about how GHWT lacks good scoring videos. I certainly prefer a video to a pathhero chart. It's great to see both you and THABEAST addressing this! Here's my little contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6kt7qwj0VI
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: Do scores have to be obtained on expert? I might be able to get more points on Satch on hard.
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
Quick question: Do scores have to be obtained on expert? I might be able to get more points on Satch on hard.

Expert is the required difficulty. So no hard scores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:

Thanks! In retrospect I should have spent more time on all the other songs instead of BOTR . Even after I got that score I tried to get more, since I had Fug's ticks on one run, and 8 more on the second activation another time (x78). I'm only guessing and hoping for the best with extended sustains though.

For the rest of the songs, I expected myself to do better on all of them. For example, on Assassin, I hit the first squeeze many times (4 times in a row), but I still always screwed up some other activation. And it may not come as a surprise that my most common mistake (this goes for any song) was hitting select and strumming at the same time. I assume that's not a problem once you've grown accustomed to the way it works in practically every game except GH3? Or do the pros make this mistake occasionally too? In GH3, hitting select too late happens very, very rarely to me.

Nice job with the Assassin re-optimal! And I was about to post earlier about how GHWT lacks good scoring videos. I certainly prefer a video to a pathhero chart. It's great to see both you and THABEAST addressing this! Here's my little contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6kt7qwj0VI

my best ticks on BOTR are ,058
alex's score confuses me though- did you get the first squeeze and then shit the bed hard on the rest of the song?

i missed the 3rd act on assassin way more than i'd like to admit. hitting the select button too late isn't a problem for me on an LP, but i have a GH5tar now and it happens periodically. i also haven't played in awhile, so i've got a fair amount of readjusting to do too

also i'd like to get at least 1 new high score video per week- assassin was the low hanging fruit of last week's songs. BOTR i wrongly assumed that no one else would get the first squeeze, and my high score on pretty vacant is MUCH better than i thought it was

@jleggy
i would be stoked if HFT was the final song. i don't think anyone else is consistent at FCing it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: