Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lortwogo - X (464/660) - GH3PC + Customs up and running
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on the Aerosmith FGFC. That one has eluded me for years. Similarly awesome work on Van Halen, 40 FC's is a big milestone in that game. Keep up the great progress, you're doing great!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXGHXx wrote:
Was about to say that, with that amazing FC count on GH2 600 won't be a problem I will sure keep a look on this topic

voidedalive2x wrote:
good on that GHA FGFC! and good luck with 600. I know you can do it.

I'm pretty confident in 600 too; hopefully I can have the drive to blast through songs sooner rather than later

Graf wrote:
Nice work on the Aerosmith FGFC. That one has eluded me for years. Similarly awesome work on Van Halen, 40 FC's is a big milestone in that game. Keep up the great progress, you're doing great!

You can probably FGFC GH:A with some more work, or at least 40/41. And thanks; I still need to reach that 90% milestone on GH:VH though, hopefully that won't take long, as well as the other games.

On topic, after playing a small amount of Warriors of Rock and only getting a few FCs (kinda bored of grinding easy songs at the moment) I decided to bring my favourite song into practice. After a short time (and filling out an excel sheet to take notes) I have a technical FC of Black Widow of La Porte. My consistency for half the stuff is awful, but if I'm bored of grinding again I think I'll try and fix up the consistency issues I have, and try and go for this earlier than saving it for one of the final songs to FC.

I'm going to keep trying to push through the setlist if I feel like it to weed out more sightread FCs; my goal for this game is a minimum of 84/93, so I've got a lot of songs to play through still

http://www.twitch.tv/lortwogo
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with Black Widow, seriously. That song gave me more trouble than FotS and CW combined.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Good luck with Black Widow, seriously. That song gave me more trouble than FotS and CW combined.

I feel like I'm going to have a ton of trouble anyway with Fury of the Storm because Dragonforce, but if I can FC the solo in Chemical Warfare maybe it won't be too bad. I feel Black Widow doesn't really have anything too difficult, but a huge pain in the ass to get consistent at some later sections.

I just finished playing through every single song on the Warriors of Rock setlist (a few I didn't actually complete though; I saw I wasn't going to effortlessly FC them so I just quit and moved to the next song). I spent a few tries on some songs since I knew I could FC them right then and there, and I'm up to 70 FCs from doing that until the setlist was done. I want to get to 80 for now (or maybe 84) then I'll move on to GH5.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was good; 29 new FCs on WoR (up to 77) and I started GH5 and have 4 FCs on that now, the latest addition being Demon(s). I learned the solo, was super inconsistent at it, and just did some runs anyway because the song is awesome. A short time later, I managed to actually FC it, so that's nice

More silent updates on GH5 this week most likely. Also, GH:M should be here in a few days, so who knows if I'll switch to it randomly.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon(s) is a pretty cool song, but the solo does kinda suck playing-wise. Good job.

And gogo 80/93! Hell, gogo 85/93 and the BW FC!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCed The Spirit Of Radio (Live) first try today just casually playing for FC #453 in the series. This was #21 in GH5. Made possible by moving my Xbox to the HDTV in the living room to try some songs out

I also 100% overstrummed Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live). I totally forgot about Outro - Riffing and strummed through the whole thing and lost combo because of it. Then I just overstrummed in the final chords of the Ending. FC when I have the patience to grind a 14 minute song.

expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd throw my guitar at the TV if I choked at the end of DYFLWD.

Oh well, nice job on Spirit of Radio.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I'd throw my guitar at the TV if I choked at the end of DYFLWD.

Oh well, nice job on Spirit of Radio.

Thankfully that was a really unexpected run; had it been a serious attempt I might have

In other news, I popped in GH3 to try out some DLC and the remaining two setlist songs, and I'm actually better at One's FSA than I thought. I'm going to keep practicing One, and I'm also going to try and rework my techniques for Through The Fire And Flames. If I roadblock after a while, I'll switch back to GH:M or GH5 and it'll seem fresh, so grinding FCs won't be a problem.

Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 is such a great game. Have fun with your "revisit" and good luck on any progression with One or Through the Fire and Flames, those are crazy difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much lately to update with, but I've done a little bit every now and again to have some updates right now.

I had a PB run of Satch Boogie (363k) with an 84% Solo D and 98% Solo F. I started messing up late in F because my hand was slipping and it was starting to feel awkward with fretting (I anchor G with my tapping hand and just fret the three higher notes). Unless I can get Solo D, this will never get FCed.

Also, I had another handful of random choke runs of Hot For Teacher. FC can't be too long away if I grind it out for a good chunk of time.

Mr. Crowley is close to falling as well. A random run I had FCed everything but Blizzard of Thoth 6 I think (really stupid miss, just a misfret), as well as not looking at the screen for a note in Verse 1, lol. Also not far off if I decide to sit down and grind.

Lastly, I did some work on Overkill and started to get some methods fleshed out, but I'm not too practiced with it yet.

I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but this is the majority of what I've been working on when I decide to play every now and again.

Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my PS2 up and running, and played a few things between GH80s and GH1. I started on a few songs for GH80s, but I haven't tried for anything in GH1 yet. I'll keep trying random songs to see what I'm close on, if I feel up to it.

Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to picking up GHL (PS3 version) a couple days ago, and got to try out all the new stuff. After some basic calibration, tutorial, etc. I found out one very obvious problem: I suck - a lot.

The new button system is taking some time to get used to; I've managed to 5-star a few songs from playing GHTV to practice, but it's still hard to read the charts too. I'm used to playing Rocksmith where a separate line actually had some height offset in 3D space, but all the notes being on one plane (if that makes sense) makes it rather difficult to sightread songs, and read in general. I haven't found a practice mode which is very demoralizing when I think of practicing solos, so it'll definitely take a while to get anywhere near a level I am with the classic 5 button layout.

My guitar seems to have some issues registering every downstrum input as well, so hopefully that works itself out too. I only just more or less fixed my calibration with the HDTV I'm on (the inherit lag on it is actually not bad, it's rather close to a CRT but obviously not exactly like one). If the guitar fixes itself, I can properly play and learn. Also, my internet is less than third world because of hardware issues on my ISP's end from their investigating, so I get kicked out of GHTV every second song or less on a regular day.

I'll keep playing for a while longer to see what I can manage on GHTV; hopefully I can FC the main setlist after a little while since I hear that they're all generally much easier than the songs you'd find on GHTV.

Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Bradmasta FC Revolution Deathsquad pretty much on demand I figured I should step up my game and get a Dragonforce FC, and I thought Operation Ground and Pound was the closest for me. Turns out it is, managed a -19 run that was almost entirely in Solo 1D (missed in 4 other places that were just strumming in verses/choruses; hit the other stuff like Solo Fill II and Solo to the End pretty easily).

I think I just need to keep playing the song to get used to the strum speed of stuff like the pre-choruses so I can actually make it to the solo at least like 90% of the time, then get to a comfortable level with the solo. I've been hitting Solo Fill II and Solo to the End like 85% of the time in random runs I do, so simply being in the zone should let me pull an FC even if it's half-fluke.

When I feel I'm getting close or consistent enough, I'll start streaming the runs.

Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update! Given your skill, and what you managed to pull off with Ogap already, I would say that an FC should come fairly soon! I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your thread and on twitch to see when you get it! Also, if me FCing Rev Death helped motivate you for the FC, that's pretty cool Keep at it my friend! You've got this
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: