FC Rivalry- 14/12/17... well... wow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me Arvain! :3
Kappameister  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do hate myself, i should have way more FC's but too lazy to go FC the boring songs
tt122112  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
was that a post-glitched-note choke on MoP?

It was. There were actually a bunch of those. Once I hit the glitched note the first time I was instantly able to do it 90% of the time. I think the problem was that I just didn't know what I was supposed to be doing until I actually did it. It's not a big deal though because I just got it and finished off the GHM Hard FGFC. Now it's either on to dealing with WT or switching to my PS2 for Smash Hits.

EDIT: WTF is wrong with the purple notes in WT?! I consistently miss either the last note of a purple section or the first note after it EVERY TIME. There has to be something I just don't know...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tt122112 wrote:
EDIT: WTF is wrong with the purple notes in WT?! I consistently miss either the last note of a purple section or the first note after it EVERY TIME. There has to be something I just don't know...

A loooot is wrong with them. My best advice for them in general is to not anchor if you can avoid it, and to hit everything as early as possible.

I know from SHits that the last note of a slider section will occasionally become a forced strum if it overlaps the timing window of a non-slider with a forced strum or a chord. I had the same issue as you in that game, and once I started strumming the last slider note, I seemed to stop missing there. Once again, this is SHits, not WT, so it could be different.

Kappameister wrote:
I really do hate myself, i should have way more FC's but too lazy to go FC the boring songs

I'm going through ~5 songs when I play (each one from a different difficulty tier) on SHits and have the same plan for Aerosmith and VH. I do an initial run of each one and skip if it looks like I need to practice or grind a song, then come back if I'm not bored after playing the rest. Weeds out the easy songs slowly but surely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I know from SHits that the last note of a slider section will occasionally become a forced strum if it overlaps the timing window of a non-slider with a forced strum or a chord.

This never happened to me, on the other hand I've experienced strums that turn into a slider in every WT-era games. (Painkiller's last dumb section, the first strum after FSA in GHM, the first strum after the slider part of Cold Winter Morning in TTFAF SH)

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird. I absolutely could not hit the transition between the slide solo and chord buildup in KitN until I started strumming the last slider note. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. :tooth:

Would fuck around a bit, but my guitar died. Getting a new one later this week hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Nah, I think you're right. I messed with WT a bit yesterday and what I ended up doing is strumming the last 3-4 notes of every fast purple section and the random note drops stopped. The problem is now that I don't see how I can do that with Solo D in Satch Boogie if I'm tapping

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tt122112 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

Nah, I think you're right. I messed with WT a bit yesterday and what I ended up doing is strumming the last 3-4 notes of every fast purple section and the random note drops stopped. The problem is now that I don't see how I can do that with Solo D in Satch Boogie if I'm tapping

Elbow strum the last 4 notes~

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

tt122112  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssionQC wrote:
tt122112 wrote:
smokyprogg wrote:

Elbow strum the last 4 notes~

Not even necessary! I don't even really know why I tried this, but, I've actually been able to hit Solo D a few times playing piano style and with lefty flip reversed. I'm kinda tempted to find a way to tap Solo F this way and just go for the FC piano style...I wish I was kidding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whynotiguess_zpsttqvkci3.png
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Sham got 2 fcs on gh2, and keeps going on GHA with 4 more there. 300 fcs soon for him.

That's the plan arvain. First goal is 300 which shouldn't be far away, to be followed up with 330 for the HSFC which I should get OK. After that, the more long term plan is the HGFC on each game (currently standing at 4/11) which will be pretty tough but hopefully I'll get that far before GH:Live and RB4 are released.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
That's the plan arvain. First goal is 300 which shouldn't be far away, to be followed up with 330 for the HSFC which I should get OK. After that, the more long term plan is the HGFC on each game (currently standing at 4/11) which will be pretty tough but hopefully I'll get that far before GH:Live and RB4 are released.

I just realised that I don't have HGFC on each game, damn GH80s disc jumping. Good luck with this goal, it should be a pretty nice challenge for some of the games

Kappameister  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am officially pissed off. I can't FC any song now because my guiter is a giant pile of shit. It's perfectly fine until a sustain comes, it's a 50/50 chance if it'll work on a sustain. Most of the time it doesn't and overstrums for no reason and it's usually when i'm pretty far into a song...

EDIT: This is kinda fucking ridiculous now, i have played the main riff for Even Flow about 1000 times now because whenever i'm at the chorus, AT SOME POINT my guitar will randomly strum for no goddamn reason
tt122112  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I've hit 650/660. Here's a breakdown of the final 10...Don't worry Arvain, FC's are going to be much slower here on out, I won't be catching you anytime soon.

1) Texas Flood: Haven't tried this song in over 4 years. I'll have to set up my old TV again in order to get rid of lag for GH1 so I've kinda been putting this off. I remember being close to the FC before though.

2) Misirlou: Tried today for the first time in ages. This isn't happening soon since I'm so not used to the GH2 engine and I'm relatively bad at fast strumming anyway

3) Trogdor: NTSC version = never happening

4) Raining Blood (GH3): I've tech-FC'd this one but I can't hit the part before the Y/B trill in Flood with any consistency. Off the top of my head it goes something like this (ignoring spacing):

5) One (GH3): I've only tried once or twice. It's definitely harder than the GHM version. Maybe with some practice...idk

6) Take This Life: It's that strummed trill. I can hit it 90% of the time but it's such a major part of this song that that still means I miss a handful of notes every run.

7) TTFAF (GH3): If this happens it'll almost certainly be #659. I'm not going to bother trying this at all until at least 655/660 and that'll mostly be to break up the monotony of playing the other 3 songs on repeat.

8) Hot for Teacher (GHWT): As I said before, I'm not great at fast strumming. Just waiting for a run where I hit both the section in the solo and the ending. This is probably the easiest song I have left.

9) Satch Boogie: Status unchanged since my last post. As it stands I have a tech-FC but the only way the actual FC is happening soon is if Solo D is done purely off of muscle memory which is unlikely. My brain just can't comprehend playing piano style unless I turn on lefty flip.

10) TTFAF (GHSH): Surprisingly close to this one. I've got the tech-FC and I've gotten a full solo FC in a real run. Unfortunately the song is long enough that there's plenty of spots to trip me up. Right now my biggest problems are parts HOPO's end and strumming begins and transitioning in and out of purple notes which, unfortunately, means there's not really any one part I can just practice until I get it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vI Ca11uM Iv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 76 of 90

Jump to: