ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT + gamepad/joystick + regular mic + keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddrjm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: GH:WT + gamepad/joystick + regular mic + keyboard Reply with quote

Howdy all

i've been testing with the game trying to get the combo i've said in the post title to work, here's what i've done so far:

- Hex edited the game executable with xvi32 to replace the logitech microphone string with the one from my sound card - partially works, the other instruments get "grayed out" because GH says they are not connected but microphone works great (tested from source: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97386)

- Directly connected my gamepad to the pc and run the game to no avail, gamepad didn't got detected

- followed this and used Glove PIE which in turn, lead me to download ppjoy and install it... i've created a virtual joystick and it gets recognized by the game but i can't move (yes i've "programmed" glove PIE to use the connected REAL joystick and mapped its buttons correctly) (if anyone has a light on advanced programming with glovePIE please speak )

- Read MaXKilleR's reply in here and downloaded an XBOX 360 Controller emulator which got my real gamepad working in the game menus (haven't tried to play a song with it yet ).

i've noticed one thing on both methods (glovePIE or XInput emulation) that the new detected gamepad is showing up with a keyboard icon, and when i go on the "head to head" option on the menu (using Real gamepad with XInput emulation) and press up or down to select my position, i get this warning:

so, these have been my experiences with the game so far and i'm really dedicated to make this work with the help of this community =)

down below i post my custom made AspyrConfig.xml so you guys can "see" my key settings:

Code:
<xml>
<r>
   <s id="Video.Width">800</s>
   <s id="Video.Height">600</s>
   <s id="Options.GraphicsQuality">1</s>
   <s id="Options.UseLOD">1</s>
   <s id="Options.Crowd">0</s>
   <s id="Options.Physics">0</s>
   <s id="Options.Flares">0</s>
   <s id="Options.FrontRowCamera">1</s>

<s id="Video.MultiSampleType">1</s>
   <s id="Video.MultiSampleQuality">1</s>

<s id="Debugging.FullScreen">0</s>
   <s id="Debugging.SkipTransformations">0</s>
   <s id="Debugging.NoSSETransform">1</s>

<s id="Audio.BuffLen">2048</s>

<s id="Keyboard_Menu">GREEN 237 308 RED 238 YELLOW 239 BLUE 240 ORANGE 241 CANCEL 999 START 219 BACK 235 402 311 DOWN 400 231 231 UP 401 327 327 WHAMMY 278 KICK 318 LEFT 265 RIGHT 309 </s>

<s id="Keyboard_Guitar">GREEN 237 RED 238 YELLOW 239 BLUE 240 ORANGE 241 STAR 229 CANCEL 999 START 235 BACK 999 DOWN 400 231 UP 401 327 WHAMMY 310 408 LEFT 265 RIGHT 309 </s>
   <s id="Keyboard_Drum">GREEN 240 RED 237 YELLOW 238 BLUE 239 ORANGE 999 CANCEL 999 START 219 235 BACK 999 DOWN 231 UP 327 WHAMMY 999 KICK 308 </s>

<s id="AutoLogin">OFF</s>
   <s id="Username"></s>
   <s id="MatchUsername"></s>
   <s id="Password"></s>
</r>

hope you guys can help
thanks in advance

-R
CoolGrovyle  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been working on this, so maybe you could help me.

I've got REAL gamepad Logitech with XInput. It gets detected by the game, it works on menu, but it seems to just "emulate" keyboard strokes. I have connected mic in that case too, because without it, the game gets comletely confused. It won't let me do anything, but vocals (but not even them without that mic -_- ) and Band play is locked.

Band play is available, but I can join the party only with keyboard. When I press button on gamepad, which should join me game only plays a sound of "choosing" and does nothing else. The place in party remains unclaimed. I am trying to use gamepad or keyboard as a controller and a mic for vocals at the same time in band play.

Have anyone an idea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: