ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - Hopo notes and force notes? Editor On Fire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Plumato said, there's a mid2chart converter made by me, try using it! it keeps forced HOPOs/strums, as well as tap notes, along with some parameters to further customize the conversion process
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110793
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
EOF won't allow you to add a gem on any other lane if it's an open strum note. Pressing down to transpose them to a lane 5 gem will allow you to then use SHIFT+1 through SHIFT+4 to add the other 4 gems for those notes.

Would I still press down to shift the lane 6 gem if I have EoF set to inverted notes for the 2D view in order to have higher-pitch gems visually above lower-pitch ones? Or would I press up?

raynebc wrote:
I thought Phase Shift was supposed to support open strum guitar notes, hopefully they will fix it some day. It's still allowed for GHWT authoring though. I still prefer EOF importing them this way because 5 lane chords are still considered terrible technique every time I've ever heard about them, and I can only imagine 5 lane chord use is more common for this purpose (ie. other GH tools that interpret them this way).

All I know is that I have had two versions (original and GH2 underchart) of Plum's 8 Awesome Angles of Youtube chart crash my PS before I reconverted them and removed the open note. Also, tbh, I'm not familiar with any other tools that do this (of course, I just work with GH2 and GH3, so of course there would be no tools that handle open notes). I'd even be happy with a hidden configuration-file-only option to disable this conversion. With the above tip, however, it's not so bad (because I can visually tell immediately after importing a .chart whether it has a 6th lane or not, so I don't have to scroll through the whole chart).

raynebc wrote:
You can use select like (CTRL+L) to ensure every open note in the current track difficulty is selected so they are all edited out and none of them will never accidentally be left over. As a failsafe, you can always disable the "Track>Phase Shift>Enable open strum" for any track in the project before you save the project and open notes will not end up in the MIDI file that is created.
I think I'll leave the open strum enabled, simply so that if I miss one, it'll be much more obvious to have the game crash than to just have a missing chord, then I will know to immediately go reimport the chart and fix it.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
Would I still press down to shift the lane 6 gem if I have EoF set to inverted notes for the 2D view in order to have higher-pitch gems visually above lower-pitch ones? Or would I press up?

It should still be down.

Quote:
I'd even be happy with a hidden configuration-file-only option to disable this conversion.

I'll put some thought into it, but this is probably as far as I'd want to go since the use of 5 note chords is largely discouraged.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next EOF hotfix will have a manual eof_db_import_suppress_5nc_conversion config file setting you can set to 1 to prevent 5 note chords from being converted to open notes during Feedback import.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New EOF hotfix is posted with that promised change.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you greatly, raynebc. This feature will also help if I have a chart destined for GH2 that I need to edit, I don't really like Feedback's interface nowadays lol

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: