ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero the Instrument

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daeyeth  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero the Instrument Reply with quote

Do you think the Guitar Hero controller will ever evolve (mod wise) to the point being able to emulate the guitar with freestyle play? I see no reason it shouldn't and I remember seeing a midi-modded GH controller that seemed to work pretty good. It's my dream to be actually able to music from the controller! I mean, it's pretty much just an electric keyboard with a strum bar right?
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All they need to do is have a practice mode where you play whatever notes you want - maybe you get to pick a song style - and the fret runs and records what you play. Whether or not it comes out in GH format or computer format is probably just a matter of time. That would be alot of fun, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic problem with this concept is that the GH controller is a 5 button device, and a 24 fret 6 string guitar is a 5 octave (60 note, well, 61 actually) device (voicing issues aside for the sake of simplicity). I'm sure that it probably wouldn't be terribly hard to code up some sort of mapping program that used a Playstation->USB dongle into a PC and mapped those 5 buttons to midi notes, but the question then becomes *which* 5 notes would you like, because getting a selection of more than 5 would be the challenge/impracticality of the thing.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz is right. If you just associate each button with a note, you have yourself a Little Tykes guitar, rock out to some Mary Had a Little Lamb! Freestyling seems pretty impractical on the GH guitar.
TheShineNSB  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucked in Parappa the Rapper and it would suck in Guitar Hero.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: