ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A history lesson of Violence.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixStringSlut  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: A history lesson of Violence. Reply with quote

This is a post I made on a forum elsewhere about breaking and fixing my SG controller. I figured I'm not the only hothead around this comminuty and it might help someone out. And it's entertaining.

Quote:
I think I've got to get a new job. I've been up for 32 hours straight, 19 of those were at work. Winding down at home, playing Trauma Center, waiting to crash, decide to try some Guitar Hero. No One Knows on Expert is a hard song, but not only is it hard, it's the kind of song you can try once a day before wanting to destory things. I fail 4 or 5 times, usually because the ****ing guitar wouldn't go into star power when I needed it to.

The back of the guitar directly underneath the strum bar finds my knee in rapid succession. Upon my next try, only the orange and blue buttons work. Unsuprisingly, I fail the song yet again, in record time.

I hear something rattle inside the guitar so I figure I just knocked something loose, so I opened it up, found the rattling culprit and saw nothing loose. So heres what the insides of the guitar look like.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/Guitar%20Gayro/IMG_1585.jpg

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/Guitar%20Gayro/IMG_1586.jpg

These next two pictrues show whats rattling. This little board is held in place by a couple of slots in the guitars plastic shell, as you can see in the first two pictures. I assume this is the tilt sensor? I bet it doesn't work at all now.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/Guitar%20Gayro/IMG_1587.jpg

My camera has the uncanny ability to focus on the background when using a flash. Time for a new camera, maybe I should introduce it to my knee as well.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/Guitar%20Gayro/rattle.jpg

Even though this next picture blows, this clearly illustrates the problem. The two leads off the left side of this board are going to the buttons, and when I smashed the thing against my knee it obviously cracked, destroying the communication between the buttons and the rest of the piece.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/Guitar%20Gayro/IMG_1590.jpg

So, here's my question. Is this fixable? I know there are some really crazy hardmods in the pc gaming world where you can literally use a pencil to connect transistors to unlock certain features or more pipelines or whatever... would something like that be possible here, or do I just have to spring for another guitar because I'm an idiot?

EDIT: Well, guess I answered my own question. The pencil trick does indeed work, and it survived a full round of Ace of Spades on Expert, and the star power even works still too. I'm awesome, I'd break more stuff if I knew I could fix it.

The "pencil trick" of which I speak is simply using a number 2 pencil to draw in the lines over the cracked part of the board. I've been playing with the guitar as such for quite some time now and I've had no trouble with responses... or maybe I have and I just think I suck.
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At times, I had to restrain myself, slowly put down the guitar and punch the steel wall/door/object next to me really hard and nearly break my knuckles to avoid myself slamming the guitar against the floor and breaking my 35 dollar SG controller to plastic bits. I know what you go through XD

If you can stand a little pain, I suggest getting something non-breakable next to you to punch, and if you miss something and want to take violence out on something...punching it usually does the trick. My door has dents in it from all the abuse I put it through, but my SG is fine
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
MLafer  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to punch the bottom of the neck of the guitar. This hasn't broken anything yet. But I feel like my buttons are harder to get a response from and SP doesnt work on tilt all the time and the strum bar is really loose. I think all of that is just from playing so much... Anyone else had problems with buttons not responding?

B...  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tilt never works when it is supposed to
Galgo  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB, word of advice on punching the buttons, my friend did it and the guitar broke right under the orange button, so even if you punch the buttons the neck can still break, of course my friend is really strong, but it is still possible.

The key to dancing is keeping your feet still.

Matt wrote:
Vote all you want, this isn't a democracy.
Dandaman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, punch the chair or whatever kind of cushiony object is near, dont take it out on a beautiful piece of crafting (thanks red octane)
Shadow  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandaman wrote:
Dude, punch the chair or whatever kind of cushiony object is near, dont take it out on a beautiful piece of crafting (thanks red octane)

I usually don't get pissed off at GH, since mostly the errors that happen are my own fault. If I get pissed at a game for, say, cheating AI (fuck you EA!) I tend to beat the living Hell out of the chair, bed, wall, myself and then shut down the game with violent rage burning inside of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: